***Day Three Draft Thread***

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Here's the last ten years worth of 4th round picks for us. Outside of Doug Free, none of these guys have really panned out so not sure why people are in such a funk.

2015 - Damien Wilson
2014 - Anthony Hitchens
2013 - BW Webb
2012 - Kyle Wilbur, Matt Johnson
2011 - David Arkin
2010 - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
2009 - Stephen McGee, Victor Butler, Brandon Williams
2008 - Tashard Choice
2007 - Isaiah Stanback, Doug Free
2006 - Skyler Green

Wow, they suck! :p

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think Buffalo would have taken Prescott if the Cowboys didn't. Some might not like the pick, but the timing was good. Prescott wasn't going to be available even a little later.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
That is not what I said. Just saying 1 of the 6th RD picks can be traded. It is possible it could be packaged with a player or a future pick. There are several options if they really wanted to move into the 5th when you factor in the roster and future picks.

We are not trading our one sixth that can be traded most likely.

The post I responded to said nothing of future picks or trading players and it was raised after my comment.

We will not do either in all probability.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah, ok......I'm just not feeling it so far. Elliot is the best pick and he's a total luxury pick at 4.

Most important to our success is keeping Romo healthy. Having a top RB that picks up the blitz will keep Romo from getting killed. Zeke isn't even close to luxury, could say was biggest need and most important

vaturkey

Reaction score
Good God. Folks need to chill. Dude has an NFL arm and good mobility and appears to have his head on straight. Worth a shot for sure at this stage. We have turned into such a bunch of whiners it seems.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
They are not trading next years picks for a fifth.

Doubtful Leary is getting traded, we shall see, players are at an all time low.

they keep talking about it on DC.com, and last year they traded back in to the 7th, so its not unprecedented.....

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Johnny Manziel

LOL this guy? The one watching the draft at a bar?

ChLCnBmWkAAinEr.jpg

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Now, we are in that part of the draft where many of us have probably not even heard of these players.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I have to say, IM good with the Prescott pick. He already has his masters degree. He's not a dummy. Has the time to sit and learn, so that's also a positive. Will start out 3rd on the depth chart, but expect him to be 2nd by the end of the first year.
Question I have is not about Dac, more about the QB coaching staff. Not a Wade Wilson fan at all. Feel we need to upgrade that position on the staff. Hope they have the time, and the knowledge to coach Prescott up...

Plankton

Reaction score
We reserve the right to criticize people who complain about fourth and fifth rounders they've never seen play five minutes after the pick.

Yeah - that's great, except I have watched him play.

And, I don't like the player. He also didn't play in an offense that in any way prepares a QB to play in the NFL. But, continue to criticize a person who doesn't agree with every pick that the team makes.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
they keep talking about it on DC.com, and last year they traded back in to the 7th, so its not unprecedented.....

It is doubtful, they have 4 sixth rounders and probably will play it out.

Not impossible but definitely improbable.

You did not mention any of that in your original post, that is why I commented on your post.

People all day have been thinking they could trade comp picks.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Would have rather had Jones

Rite on, much more of a developmental. 5th Round and further is all about "Ifs/Maybes" and future development.

Cardale isn't very good backup material as he stands today but his ceiling is higher than Presscott and that's some major potential; albeit likely next year.

Dak is more of a need choice because he actually could win the backup job from Kellen Moore in training camp before the season begins, more of a gamer in College than Jones, has good top end Po. and fits the scheme as well.

Last edited:

kevm3

Reaction score
If Dak sucks, we lose a late 4th rounder. If Wentz or Goff sucks and we traded up to get them, we lose possibly next year's 1st and several later picks.
If Lynch sucks, we lost a 2nd and 3rd.

If we're terrible next year, we could possibly grab another qb at the top of the draft.