***Day Three Draft Thread***

Chuck 54

Reaction score
9 selections

I really feel good about this draft -- B

I'm betting 7 players make the team easily and contribute--RB,LB,DT,DE,QB,CB,S
2 long shots--RB & TE (both will be with us long enough for us to keep them on PS). Drafting the huge TE and working with him gives us the benefit of keeping him vs competing to sign him---his time with us will make him want to continue his development in the same place.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
9 selections

I really feel good about this draft -- B

I'm betting 7 players make the team easily and contribute--RB,LB,DT,DE,QB,CB,S
2 long shots--RB & TE (both will be with us long enough for us to keep them on PS). Drafting the huge TE and working with him gives us the benefit of keeping him vs competing to sign him---his time with us will make him want to continue his development in the same place.

I think 6 make the team. The corner I give a 50/50 shot at making the squad and the S 50/50 of beating out Wilcox. So one will make it and one wont. 6 Make it. IMO!.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Listen I know you take chances late but I feel like starting in Rd 4, we are at BUffalo Wild Wings late in a fantasy draft and we are 8 beers in and we are just like "flyers" and picking Kareem-Abdul Jabbar with Dolphins or late Jamal Lewis...or the Saints 4th WR because Brees spreads the ball

I loved our picks through round 4 and believe they all make it and contribute.
Round six seemed like shots in the dark...unlikely either makes the roster, but that's the time to gamble IF you don't see players on your board who can compete with your current guys.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
IF thats what happens im all for it. The shame of it is, we dont use tight ends not named Witten regularly enough for him to contribute. See Bennett, Escobar, Hanna, etc...

well Witten is getting up there in age, so at some point we need to hit on one that can be a Witten.

just not sure how a basketball player gets himself entered into the NFL draft let alone convince a team based on looks that he is good enough to draft

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think 6 make the team. The corner I give a 50/50 shot at making the squad and the S 50/50 of beating out Wilcox. So one will make it and one wont. 6 Make it. IMO!.

We have 3 corners who will be free agents next year + an aging Scandrick. That's why I think the CB makes it. He has talent that's worth taking a year to develop. I think the handwriting is on the wall with Wilcox if the S can play at all; plus they could all make it if the S excels on ST....just means you don't keep a ST LB.

vaturkey

Reaction score
well Witten is getting up there in age, so at some point we need to hit on one that can be a Witten.

just not sure how a basketball player gets himself entered into the NFL draft let alone convince a team based on looks that he is good enough to draft

German dude got drafted by the Vikes. Also, you can coach speed and size and soft hands. Baylor dude has the natural talent and is a beast and has never lifted a weight in his life.

visionary

Reaction score
Listen I know you take chances late but I feel like starting in Rd 4, we are at BUffalo Wild Wings late in a fantasy draft and we are 8 beers in and we are just like "flyers" and picking Kareem-Abdul Jabbar with Dolphins or late Jamal Lewis...or the Saints 4th WR because Brees spreads the ball

Bad FOs are bad for a reason

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Outside of the Prescott pick, nobody else was completely revolting. Bring them on to camp, let's see what they got.

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
This draft pretty much rides on Jaylon Smith. Zeke we know will be great and apart from that nothing really jumps out.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Eric Striker is a great kid. Sucks he isn't getting drafted but he is a player on the field. Wouldn't mind giving him an UDFA spot.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Oh wow. look at the Eagles drafting that woman beater Jalen Mills. piece of crap organization...:muttley::igglestrophy: