Draft Day ***Day THREE draft thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hahahaha

Draft show has tried to talk to Tyler over the phone twice and it keeps cutting off.

Dane replies...guess he is a great blocker lol

jjktkk

Reaction score
It's looking more and more like the Cowboys aren't going to invest in drafting a QB this year. Maybe in the 7th. Figured under McCarthy, this would of ben a priority in the 5th round, or earlier.

cowboyec

Reaction score
It's looking more and more like the Cowboys aren't going to invest in drafting a QB this year. Maybe in the 7th. Figured under McCarthy, this would of ben a priority in the 5th round, or earlier.
too many other holes.
i figured qb 5th or 7th.

Carson

Reaction score
Just think we gave up too much at the time. I love the pick though. Give me a day and I will be good with the trade. :laugh:
As I don't like giving up draft picks, especially to a rival.

2 5ths, though 1 next year, for a 5th (technically a 4th, but really a 5th if counting comp picks). Can't count on getting that 5th round comp pick next year. This was my initial thought, but as I said, give it time. I had Biadasz in my mocks in the 3rd round.

No I hear you man. I’m more ok with it because I know we will get a ton of good comps next year

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Just think we gave up too much at the time. I love the pick though. Give me a day and I will be good with the trade. :laugh:
As I don't like giving up draft picks, especially to a rival.

2 5ths, though 1 next year, for a 5th (technically a 4th, but really a 5th if counting comp picks). Can't count on getting that 5th round comp pick next year. This was my initial thought, but as I said, give it time. I had Biadasz in my mocks in the 3rd round.
So you’re worried about giving up a 5th round pick next year (which we’ll most likely get back in a comp pick) for a player you had a third round grade on and will most likely be our future starting center? I fail to see your logic.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I am guessing 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks are pretty much glorified FAs. Not much talent difference in FAs and late round picks. Wonder what the percentage of those who make the team as a late round pick vs FAs.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
All right Jerry got his wheeling and dealing out of his system, we were all holding our breath, and it wasn’t so bad. Jerry is getting better at this...:laugh: