Draft Day ***Day THREE draft thread***

Bizwah

Reaction score
Remember we drafted Joe Jackson and Jelks last year. We also have Armstrong so DE depth isn't a huge concern, but there's a logjam at the end of that rotation.
Yeah...no matter what we do now, DE is a problem. We'd only add guys to the back end.

I think this is our Achille's Heel this year. RE will kill us. Hopefully, Smith and Gregory will be reinstated or we are in trouble.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt we would take another CB but I liked that kid even if he had to sit out a bit

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
NYG going heavy on the OL. Any Garrett influence there? Could be good, could be bad for us. Giants QB Daniel Jones is a very accurate passer. Hate to see him get time in the pocket. I thought he was pretty dangerous when he got out of the pocket, though. Fumbled a lot but he has some jets. Looks like Garrett (or the GM) wants Jones as a prototypical pocket passer. NYG might be going run first with Barkley now.

NYG defense is still trash.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Don't look now but these players are still o the board for our possible next pick at 179.

Weaver..DE/OLB
Wanogho..OT
Anae...DE
Willekes..DE
Stone..S
Peoples-Jones..WR
Gilman...S
Adams..OT
Bailey..ILB
Fromm...QB
Hill..WR
Bryant..TE

RamziD

Reaction score
I’m a lot more okay with the trade now that Gipson ended up going before #164

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's looking more and more like the Cowboys aren't going to invest in drafting a QB this year. Maybe in the 7th. Figured under McCarthy, this would of ben a priority in the 5th round, or earlier.
We can say he invests in quarterbacks all we want but I don' think he just invests in anyone. If he doesn't like any of these guys why would he invest in them?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We may have 2 3rds and a 4th comp pick next year after losing Jones, Quinn, and CObb

If the projection stays as is, on over the cap site.
comps at 3,4,5,6 and we traded a 6th to NE for Bennett last year, and now this 5th.

we will have a 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7

If that holds, as I look at it giving up a 5th is not so bad.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don't look now but these players are still o the board for our possible next pick at 179.

Weaver..DE/OLB
Wanogho..OT
Anae...DE
Willekes..DE
Stone..S
Peoples-Jones..WR
Gilman...S
Adams..OT
Fromm...QB
Hill..WR
Bryant..TE
I want defense....but why would receiver not shock me?