Draft Day ***Day THREE draft thread***

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you’re worried about giving up a 5th round pick next year (which we’ll most likely get back in a comp pick) for a player you had a third round grade on and will most likely be our future starting center? I fail to see your logic.

I think they could have waited a while longer to get him. Maybe used a 2021 6th or 7th instead.
it is what it is.
a 7th, as I think NE has our 6th. So we are 2 picks down. I don't count future comp picks until actually awarded.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I thought it was a good pick. I have no idea about any medicals. What, can the guy no longer run on flat surfaces?

Nothing against the kid, at all. What was the whole point of, "We don't need a Center, we have Looney and the two Conners." if Dallas was to just ship off additional picks to grab one in the fourth?

The trade wasn't bad, the player is probably going to be solid, but there are still HUGE question marks at End.

I'm sure I'll be "fine" with it once I sleep on it, but I felt like taking a gamble on Anae would have been far more efficient.

Whatever. Let's just hope Thing 1 and Thing 2 get reinstated and pop off at an All Pro level :rolleyes:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
This draft just keeps on getting better!! LOVE that 5th round pick Biadasz.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Why in the world would anyone be worried about next years 5th round pick right now? They are in line for 4 comp picks next year and they simply went and got a guy they likely had a very high grade on. This is the type of move that makes a great draft if your scouts are correct. Absolutely nothing at all to rue over this move.
We are winning the SB next year, so it will be a special teams draft anyway.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I like the pick, just not the trade.
Not happy with the trade but I think we did it because we will have comp picks next year in the 5th round and maybe jumped the fins to get him. They have multiple picks and are building a while offense through the draft. They scored a qb and are grabbing big o-line quality. We have been letting the draft come to us so I don’t think we jumped because of boredom. We have reason.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I love this draft so much. Even had my Pet Cat taken at 123. Im so giddy right now

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Remember we drafted Joe Jackson and Jelks last year. We also have Armstrong so DE depth isn't a huge concern, but there's a logjam at the end of that rotation.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Why in the world would anyone be worried about next years 5th round pick right now? They are in line for 4 comp picks next year and they simply went and got a guy they likely had a very high grade on. This is the type of move that makes a great draft if your scouts are correct. Absolutely nothing at all to rue over this move.
I'll second this !
Why would someone be looking to complain about this _ unless you just want something to biatch about.
Good center with medicals. Can sit a year if need be, gave up next years 5th - when we are likely to get an extra 3rd, maybe 2 4ths and a 6th.
Everyone has praised trusting the Dallas Scouts this year and what a great job they have done.
Trust The Scouts here as well. Arm chairs scouts/coaches ….. :(