Twitter: Day Three Practice Tweets

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vander Esch. Possibly my favorite D player since Woodson.
He can do things most 4-3 LBs can't.

I saw him taking on a block by Zack Martin in one of the videos. It looks like he is being blocked but when the ball carrier commits to one side of the blocker Vander Esch is off the block because of his length.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
The first INT was tipped but still went through Cobb's hands . The 2nd, Cobb hesitated and stuttered during his route running, enabling Woods to step in front and make the easy INT.

Your post is proof some people just see what they want to when it comes to Dak. Cobb never touched the ball.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Frederick is going to be our biggest "addition" to the 2019 team. Again, Joe Looney did a nice job, but Fred-Beard is the best. Period.
Add to that Looney could fill in for Connor Williams @ LG if he continues to struggle. He will end up at T next year after Collins leaving in FA. I hope they try it out more in camp..should motivate Collins even more

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
It's always funny to see which players casual fans love to hate.

They hate Heath but never mention guys like Daniel Ross playing significant snaps at DT last season and being really really bad.
True statement, as for Ross - I know he filled a need last year. But, just by the depth of the D-line this year (and particularly DT) he will/should be a roster cut this year. That's a very good thing !

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Add to that Looney could fill in for Connor Williams @ LG if he continues to struggle. He will end up at T next year after Collins leaving in FA. I hope they try it out more in camp..should motivate Collins even more

Yes, our starting LG ... a guy who played T all his college career and is still learning LG should play over at RT.

I'm more in favor of having guys play and practice at their actual positions.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He can do things most 4-3 LBs can't.

I saw him taking on a block by Zack Martin in one of the videos. It looks like he is being blocked but when the ball carrier commits to one side of the blocker Vander Esch is off the block because of his length.
I’d like to see that. Similar to the big play vs the Eagles? Where he got outside of the blocker to make the big third down stop on the pass to the back.

His instincts are unreal. A natural.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yes, our starting LG ... a guy who played T all his college career and is still learning LG should play over at RT.

I'm more in favor of having guys play and practice at their actual positions.
You're right, the 5 best OL are probably on the field but at the wrong positions (Collins and Williams) but Looney could start on some teams too @ C/G. This really goes back to JJ's initial promise to Collins that he would play T if he signed with DAL after going undrafted due to the circumstances at the time where he could sign with ANY team but chose DAL for that reason. .This has caused an odd dynamic with the coaching staff being unable to put Collins at G where he belongs but would receive less money in FA.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
You're right, the 5 best OL are probably on the field but at the wrong positions (Collins and Williams) but Looney could start on some teams too @ C/G. This really goes back to JJ's initial promise to Collins that he would play T if he signed with DAL after going undrafted due to the circumstances at the time where he could sign with ANY team but chose DAL for that reason. .This has caused an odd dynamic with the coaching staff being unable to put Collins at G where he belongs but would receive less money in FA.

Here's a hole in your logic. Jerry likely NEVER made any sort of promise to Collins about player T. He started off as a G and only moved back to T because Free surprisingly retired.

But yeah. Somehow Jerry knew that Free was going to walk away and promised La'el he could play T the next year.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Are people really arguing over a practice throw pick? A Practice throw during TC?

tenor.gif

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Here's a hole in your logic. Jerry likely NEVER made any sort of promise to Collins about player T. He started off as a G and only moved back to T because Free surprisingly retired.

But yeah. Somehow Jerry knew that Free was going to walk away and promised La'el he could play T the next year.

I musta misremembered that angle considering JJ outside of paying him earlier than necessary due to being a 1st rounder signing as the most prized UDFA in awhile.
Free was always a liability and Collins to RT talks started as soon as he signed considering we had Leary and Martin. Free was the much bigger liability than Leary was at the time. Free improved after his slump but was still just avg. as weaker (literally) RT.

Last edited:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I musta misremembered that angle considering JJ outside of paying him earlier than necessary due to being a 1st rounder signing as the most prized UDFA in awhile.
Free was always a liability and Collins to RT talks started as soon as he signed considering we had Leary and Martin. Free was the much bigger liability than Leary was at the time. Free improved after his slump but was still just avg. as weaker (literally) RT.

He paid him earlier than necessary to make up the difference between what he would have gotten as a first rounder and what we could give a udfa. That was the decent thing to do.

Blake

Reaction score
Dak throwing some ugly picks
:omg:

1) You seem giddy about it too.

2) Your hero Romo threw picks in training camp also.

3) I would wager a bet that in the history of the NFL, there's never been a QB1 that hasn't thrown picks during training camp.

4) This is more grasping at straws, looking for any excuse to scrutinize Dak.