***Day Two Draft Thread***

morasp

Reaction score
Strengths
Explosive get-off with good pad level. Has exceptional lateral movement and overall athleticism for the position. Moved around defensive line as rusher and allowed to stand to maximize athleticism as twister. Good coordination between hands and feet. Strong jump step and club move inside is his go-to rush. Flashes an impressive ceiling when it's clicking for him. Initial quickness opens door for disruption. Plus motor with active hands.
Weaknesses
Has very little scheme or position flexibility. Ends up on the ground all the time. Impact production doesn't match the athletic ability and talent. Square rusher missing hip swivel and upper body turn to improve penetration. Comes flying in as pass rusher on twists, but doesn't have workable counterattack ready. Unable to stack and anchor against double teams. Doesn’t have play strength to fight back against redirect blocks.
Draft Projection
Rounds 2 or 3
NFL Comparison
Henry Melton
Bottom Line
Three-technique with impressive athleticism and movement skills, but a lack of play strength to hold up at the point of attack. Collins needs to play for a defense that allows him to play up the field and should benefit from pass rush work with NFL coaching and teammates. Collins should test well which could push him way up the draft board, but his floor is lower than many of the defensive tackles in this draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/maliek-collins?id=2555400

jujoboys

Reaction score
NFL.com has Collins ranked #54 on their Top 100 and we finally draft a defensive lineman so that gets me excited even though I know nothing about the guy

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Of course. The Cowboys haven't picked a player I've liked in the 2nd-7th round since Antonio Bryant in 2002

This is why I refuse to get myself invested so much in individual players in the draft. No matter how much sense I think a pick would make, the Cowboys always, without fail, feel differently. I guess that's why I'm here and not in the war room right now. :)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Like the Collins pick. Kid is raw but has tools. Rod should be able to shape him into something great.

And won't be forced to start and can initially rotate w/Crawford. Pick makes sense. There were others I thought would be picked but understand the pick.