***Day Two Draft Thread***

endersdragon

Reaction score
Yeah, he is a steal at pick 67. Were killing it.

ORotY in round 1. Best defensive player in the draft round 2 (yes it's a gamble the whole ****ing draft is). And a good scheme fit (as opposed to Billings) at DT round 3 who might allow us to move Crawford outside for the first 4 games until we get our DEs back. How about you go back to your Commanders message board (or under your bridge) :).

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Please don't even ask him - he's seeking attention and you're giving it to him.

He should have human contradiction tatooed to his forehead. He's relentlessly bashed last year's draft for not contributing, which is fine. But he also has made the idea that rookies can't contribute his calling card. Can't have it both ways.

Sydla

Reaction score
Anyone notice no RBs have gone off the board other than EE and Elliott.

Plankton

Reaction score
Thompson is a good ball hawk. However, the Giants aren't exactly packed with speed in the safety position with him and Landon Collins.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Am I crazy to think if Maliek Collins DT Nebraska comes into camp...in shape....that he could be a poor man's Russell Maryland?

That's who he reminds me of.:rolleyes:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Strengths
Explosive get-off with good pad level. Has exceptional lateral movement and overall athleticism for the position. Moved around defensive line as rusher and allowed to stand to maximize athleticism as twister. Good coordination between hands and feet. Strong jump step and club move inside is his go-to rush. Flashes an impressive ceiling when it's clicking for him. Initial quickness opens door for disruption. Plus motor with active hands.
Weaknesses
Has very little scheme or position flexibility. Ends up on the ground all the time. Impact production doesn't match the athletic ability and talent. Square rusher missing hip swivel and upper body turn to improve penetration. Comes flying in as pass rusher on twists, but doesn't have workable counterattack ready. Unable to stack and anchor against double teams. Doesn’t have play strength to fight back against redirect blocks.
Draft Projection
Rounds 2 or 3
NFL Comparison
Henry Melton
Bottom Line
Three-technique with impressive athleticism and movement skills, but a lack of play strength to hold up at the point of attack. Collins needs to play for a defense that allows him to play up the field and should benefit from pass rush work with NFL coaching and teammates. Collins should test well which could push him way up the draft board, but his floor is lower than many of the defensive tackles in this draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/maliek-collins?id=2555400

Nickel DT initially...? Needs to build his strength and uses athleticism to get around that. Could see that w/Craw paired w/him on passing downs. Stop moving our ends to DT in nickle!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who is making things up? What results do you use to provide "hit on plenty." They went safe on the OL - Smith, Fred, Martin (v JFB), Collins UDFA, Dez was projected to go in early Rd 1 (14th by Mayock and went 24th). I get that all of those draft hits are taking over the NFL, but our gambles are envied?

And just as I thought not even 24 hours ago in a Jack conversation.

Did not see one post in the last 2 months about Smith as a second. But now it is a great gamble

Its only a great gamble if ti works. IF it fails i'm pretty sure fans like you will let everyone know how bad it was.