***Day Two Draft Thread***

Plankton

Reaction score
Fourth round guys that I would like to see:

Christian Westerman, Jerell Adams, Charles Tapper, Matt Judon, Zack Sanchez, Jalen Mills

Sheldon Day would be redundant to what Maliek Collins brings. I like Jeremy Cash, but the fact that he couldn't do a full workout before the draft is a little scary.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
The fact that Cook is still available tells me that teams REALLY hate his personality. Don't want him in their locker room. Guess his rumored douchieness and lack of leadership are true. In which case, Red and the boys definitely aren't taking him.

Plankton

Reaction score
The fact that Cook is still available tells me that teams REALLY hate his personality. Don't want him in their locker room. Guess his rumored douchieness and lack of leadership are true. In which case, Red and the boys definitely aren't taking him.

Everything I have watched with Connor Cook screams tool in terms of his personality. His completion percentage is also scary.

At this point, other than Kevin Hogan or Brandon Doughty, I have no interest in any of the QBs. And, it's not like I'm in love with those guys either. I think both could be developed into serviceable players.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

may be true, but in the 4th round, you can divorce real easy if there is a better prospect next year to groom as a starter

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Fourth round guys that I would like to see:

Christian Westerman, Jerell Adams, Charles Tapper, Matt Judon, Zack Sanchez, Jalen Mills

Sheldon Day would be redundant to what Maliek Collins brings. I like Jeremy Cash, but the fact that he couldn't do a full workout before the draft is a little scary.

I want Blair and Judon. Throw some productive, smaller-school bodies at our DE need and see how it works out.

wileedog

Reaction score
Well, of course. The Pats can do it because they are geniuses. The Cowboys can't because, well, we've got Jerry.

The Patriots can do it because they are perennial contenders who can afford to redshirt a 2nd round pick. We can't, because well, we are a perennial 500 team coming off a 4-12 season.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Quite a bit of talent still available. I've been out all day so I haven't been following the conversation, but what's the deal with Billings? I thought there'd be no way he'd be there at our #34 pick in the 2nd. Now, he'll probably be their with our 4th rounder. What's going on?

Aside from the obvious in Billings, there is still some good talent left. I was expecting us to take Sheldon Day in the 2nd. I heard Marinelli loved him. Looks like he went Collins instead. Would Day be redundant now? Should we go with a DE like Blair instead? Rideway is another DT I really like, but some thing with Day, is he redundant now? There's also DEs Tapper and Judon that have impressive physical ability. I'd be happy with either of them.

A few solid safeties still available in Killibrew, Houston-Carson, Cash and Mills. And a lot of good WRs still left with Peake, Cooper, Higgins and Lawler. My hopes for the 4th round are a DE and WR.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Patriots can do it because they are perennial contenders who can afford to redshirt a 2nd round pick. We can't, because well, we are a perennial 500 team coming off a 4-12 season.

I don't see that as a valid reason. Either the player is good enough to take or he isn't.

You don't compound having a worse record by passing on a player a better team would have taken.

For me, the fact that another team would have nabbed him in the second if we hadn't validates the pick. Several on here were saying we shouldn't take him until the third, the fifth, etc.

wileedog

Reaction score
For me, the fact that another team would have nabbed him in the second if we hadn't validates the pick. Several on here were saying we shouldn't take him until the third, the fifth, etc.

Another team reaching for a pick doesn't in any way validate us doing so.

The fact is we have a defense full of holes. The Patriots do not. If they want to reach for a gamble they are in a position to do so. We are not.