DC.COM: Blog: Dime Look Could Slow Skins' Cooley

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2286510 said:
both guys haven't done squat against us for a good minute

I dont' think that changes

I can envision Santana Moss giving us some problems though

Cooley got a TD in Dallas last year (to open the game) as did Moss (in both games last year)

Portis scored in the last game these 2 played, but I forgot that game doesn't count at all (even though CP scored in the first quarter and broke a Roy Williams tackle)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2286568 said:
Cooley got a TD in Dallas last year (to open the game) as did Moss (in both games last year)

Portis scored in the last game these 2 played, but I forgot that game doesn't count at all (even though CP scored in the first quarter and broke a Roy Williams tackle)

they've made plays at moments, but largely their prescense hasn't been felt

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2286577 said:
they've made plays at moments, but largely their prescense hasn't been felt

Err, nevermind

You are referring to Cooley and Portis

Cooley I still think has, Portis not so much

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2286563 said:
Yeesh really? I love this rivalry too, but its just a game man. Not life or death :)
Not one of my prouder moments. But good God, I hate your team so much. Losing in that manner to that team with a playoff berth on the line...it was just the perfect storm of crap.

2much2soon

Reaction score
eman721;2286587 said:
Not one of my prouder moments. But good God, I hate your team so much. Losing in that manner to that team with a playoff berth on the line...it was just the perfect storm of crap.

The Dallas fans that are worried about this game are the same ones who worried about the Clev, PH, and GB games.
I mean come on, short of Dallas completely not showing up, this one will get ugly.
This isn't the Dallas team of the last few years. They are hammering the best in the conference without even coming close to putting together a complete performance.
Deadskins get rocked hard Sunday and come back to Earth after beating some of the weak sisters of the NFC and thinking they have something going.
Of course, we will have to endure a mile high stack of woulda, coulda, shouldas from skinsfan. Par for the course.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2286561 said:
Do you think Zorn is just gonna line up and say "hey I'll let the Cowboys get the matchups they want"

It is Zorn we're talking about.

superpunk

Reaction score
Early in Cleveland that look seemed like a massive failure, until Roy layed the wood to Winslow and made him disappear. But, in the past two games it has worked some wonders IMO. Over the past couple years, we've been one of the worst teams in the league covering the TE - but we are more than holding our own against guys who would normally beat us like Smith and Lee.

Maybe alot of that is the new dime package. No doubt it's also in part to Zach Thomas being out there.

gambit187

Reaction score
Wow dude, another inane argument from you

Do you think Zorn is just gonna line up and say "hey I'll let the Cowboys get the matchups they want"

Not at all my DC friend not at all. Am I really worried about Pac Man? Not at all kid, I saw him play plenty at WVU as well as in the pros, and he really has built his reputation on the one game he had against the Gints in '06

So again, did I stutter?

I am sorry SkinsHokie, but I think the offense lines up and then the defense gets into place.

Like i said
Newman on Moss
Pac on El
Jenkins on Thomas

leaving Henry to cover Cooley when we go to dime. Your rookies WR have not been doing well so far, and the TE you guys drafted has been inactive. This is not the Saints banged up secondary with old Aaron Glenn in it. Oh yeah you guys did not get off until Aaron Glenn went out by the way. I just find it odd how u threw you rookie in the mix and gave him props, but ours is not up to the task. Also you guys are not at home and this is Zorns first time playing the Cowboys, I dont think his offense is to equiped to handle a pressure 3-4.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Wow dude, another inane argument from you

Not at all my DC friend not at all. Am I really worried about Pac Man? Not at all kid, I saw him play plenty at WVU as well as in the pros, and he really has built his reputation on the one game he had against the Gints in '06
Hardly. Jones was terrific down the stretch the last half of '06.

To say he's not the same player now might be a reasonable statement, but to pretend he wasn't playing great football before he was suspended is either ignorant or dishonest.

aikemirv

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2286185 said:
Really? Newman is elite, but Pac and a rook in Jenkins able to shut down all 3?

Zorn won't just leave Moss on the outside to be easily covered by Newman. And if it ends up with either Pac or Jenkins on Moss, look out

I only wish Roy Williams was playing :(

If it were me I would press cover Moss with help over the top and not give up that quick short crap to the sidelines. Take that away from Campbell and he will struggle to find any rythm at all.

Jenkins and Pac are very good at press coverage no matter where Moss lines up. If he happens to line up on the slot Newman can handle him.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2286568 said:

Do you realize that our secondary now is light years better than last year? Either one of our rookies is better than everyone not named Newman or Henry from last year. Pacman is an ELITE (yes I said it) corner. He is still knocking off rust but he is knocking it off fast. Our hybrid dime package with only one safety can stop the pass and the run at the same time. No Moss won't get as open as he did last year and I would be surprised if Cooley catches 4 balls. Our defense is getting better every game and your team is just a stepping stone on the way to greatness. :D

gambit187

Reaction score
starfrombirth;2286944 said:
Do you realize that our secondary now is light years better than last year? Either one of our rookies is better than everyone not named Newman or Henry from last year. Pacman is an ELITE (yes I said it) corner. He is still knocking off rust but he is knocking it off fast. Our hybrid dime package with only one safety can stop the pass and the run at the same time. No Moss won't get as open as he did last year and I would be surprised if Cooley catches 4 balls. Our defense is getting better every game and your team is just a stepping stone on the way to greatness. :D

LOL no he does not realize it. I cannt wait Texas stadium will be rocking all year long. THE ONLY PEOPLE DOUBTING ADAM JONES POTENTIAL IS SKINS FANS.......INCREDIBLE.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2286185 said:
Really? Newman is elite, but Pac and a rook in Jenkins able to shut down all 3?

Zorn won't just leave Moss on the outside to be easily covered by Newman. And if it ends up with either Pac or Jenkins on Moss, look out

I only wish Roy Williams was playing :(

Well, none of our DBs play on offense, and we've got more weapons than the Skins can cover. Just ask Philly and Green Bay, who I consider to be two good teams...better than the Commanders.

Oh, and I've seen Jenkins make some good plays. He'll be ready. PacMan is still rusty, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him get burned here and there.

The deciding factor in this game will be whether or not the Skins defense can do anything to slow down the Dallas offense. The Skins offense really doesn't worry me.

Pick your poison Commanders. Do you want to die a slow death (like GB) with the running game, or do you want to die a fast death (like Cleveland/Philly) with the passing game?

gambit187

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2286839 said:
Damn you are right. He only has as many playoff wins as Wade Phillips

wow typical skins fans, always using the past to make themselves feel good. I got one for you. How many superbowls have the skins one with out a Coach named Gibbs 0. How many playoff appearances has Campbell led the skins to 0.

See how easy that was i just pulled some random facts out of the air.

:laugh2:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
gambit187;2286961 said:
wow typical skins fans, always using the past to make themselves feel good. I got one for you. How many superbowls have the skins one with out a Coach named Gibbs 0. How many playoff appearances has Campbell led the skins to 0.

See how easy that was i just pulled some random facts out of the air.

How many Skins super bowls were won during strike shortened seasons?

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
My biggest fear about Cooley is that he will show up wearing only a playbook.

:eek: :omg: :moon:

khiladi

Reaction score
Commanders won two games in the fourth quarter. They had to come back against the Saints and the Cardinals, both teams with pathetic defenses. The Cardinals pretty much choked defensively, totally blowing their coverage. I believe one of their TDs came on a strike against one-on-one coverage by a rookie against Moss.

Jason Campbell threw under 200 yards that game.

The team is just not that good.

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
aikemirv;2286935 said:
If it were me I would press cover Moss with help over the top and not give up that quick short crap to the sidelines. Take that away from Campbell and he will struggle to find any rythm at all.

Jenkins and Pac are very good at press coverage no matter where Moss lines up. If he happens to line up on the slot Newman can handle him.

dude,moss is quicker and faster than pac and jenkins..press moss he jukes you its 6!!

Reaction score
redskins1;2287117 said:
dude,moss is quicker and faster than pac and jenkins..press moss he jukes you its 6!!

Moss is not noticeably faster than pac.. Jenkins I will give you that...

And what explanation do you have for Chris Cooley's small package? You know his Cheerleader fiancee isn't with him for his family jewels....