DC.COM: Blog: Dime Look Could Slow Skins' Cooley

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2287127 said:
Moss is not noticeably faster than pac.. Jenkins I will give you that...

And what explanation do you have for Chris Cooley's small package? You know his Cheerleader fiancee isn't with him for his family jewels....

dude,I will let you talk about cooley's package,thats not what im into..If thats your thing cool..now the only DB you have that can man up on moss is newman,but moss is capable of beating him..cooley will kill you guys down the seam!

aikemirv

Reaction score
redskins1;2287117 said:
dude,moss is quicker and faster than pac and jenkins..press moss he jukes you its 6!!

Quicker and faster than Jenkins probably - Pac - I doubt it by much if at all. That is why you put someone over the top.

DUDE!

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
aikemirv;2287138 said:
Quicker and faster than Jenkins probably - Pac - I doubt it by much if at all. That is why you put someone over the top.

DUDE!

can someone find the 40 time on pac and moss?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
redskins1;2287135 said:
dude,I will let you talk about cooley's package,thats not what im into..If thats your thing cool..now the only DB you have that can man up on moss is newman,but moss is capable of beating him..cooley will kill you guys down the seam!

Hey, is there any truth to the rumor that Jason Campbell has the IQ of a bag of rocks? A buddy of mine is a professor at Auburn, and knows Campbell personally. He said Campbell needed a lot of help to grasp basic stuff in the classroom.

If that is the case, I wonder how they dumb down the playbook for him. Regardless of who gets open, Campbell has to have the mind to decipher what the defense is giving him, and to pass it to the right guy.

superpunk

Reaction score
redskins1;2287145 said:
can someone find the 40 time on pac and moss?
Pac was timed at 4.38 to 4.40. Moss was timed at 4.31. The difference is meaningless on the football field.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
superpunk;2287152 said:
Pac was timed at 4.38 to 4.40. Moss was timed at 4.31. The difference is meaningless on the football field.

Game speed is completely different. Those numbers are probably from the underwear olympics.

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2287146 said:
Hey, is there any truth to the rumor that Jason Campbell has the IQ of a bag of rocks? A buddy of mine is a professor at Auburn, and knows Campbell personally. He said Campbell needed a lot of help to grasp basic stuff in the classroom.

If that is the case, I wonder how they dumb down the playbook for him. Regardless of who gets open, Campbell has to have the mind to decipher what the defense is giving him, and to pass it to the right guy.

you don't have to be a genius to play QB,heck folks said joe montana was dumb..need i say more..look how far you have come yourself,you are now able to type on a message board..GOOD FOR YOU!!;)

aikemirv

Reaction score
redskins1;2287169 said:
you don't have to be a genius to play QB,heck folks said joe montana was dumb..need i say more..look how far you have come yourself,you are now able to type on a message board..GOOD FOR YOU!!;)

One name for you....

Heath Shuler!:laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2287159 said:
Game speed is completely different. Those numbers are probably from the underwear olympics.
That's probably why I typed that the difference was meaningless.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
redskins1;2287169 said:

Well, I wasn't attacking YOU personally, so I would appreciate it if you would lay off of attacking me.

QBs don't have to be geniuses, but based on what I've been told, Campbell is barely literate. There is a huge difference between being not so intelligent versus borderline illiterate.

firehawk350

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2287187 said:
Well, I wasn't attacking YOU personally, so I would appreciate it if you would lay off of attacking me.

QBs don't have to be geniuses, but based on what I've been told, Campbell is barely literate. There is a huge difference between being not so intelligent versus borderline illiterate.
CS Lewis had problems grasping basic arithmetic and Beethoven (might have been Mozart though) was completely ******** on basic Newtonian physics. Do you want to call either of those gentlemen dumb as a box of rocks? Point is you knew a professor who Campbell struggled with that subject. Unless you knew Campbell struggled with every subject, it's really kind of meaningless. Furthermore, I remember his Wonderlic being in the mid-20s, so hardly ********.

Reaction score
redskins1;2287169 said:

Montana was domer.. so he already has half a brain which most athletes lack coming into school.

firehawk350

Reaction score
Here's a hint, if you play press, guess which way you are facing? Unless a corner can make up ground after having to flip his hips or has help over top, playing press isn't the best idea.

To comment on the thread title, do you plan on yanking a safety (in that case, press plus having a single safety equals not such a great idea) or a LB (I stop wondering why Westbrook had such a good game against you guys if this is the case) when you go dime?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
firehawk350;2287195 said:
CS Lewis had problems grasping basic arithmetic and Beethoven (might have been Mozart though) was completely ******** on basic Newtonian physics. Do you want to call either of those gentlemen dumb as a box of rocks? Point is you knew a professor who Campbell struggled with that subject. Unless you knew Campbell struggled with every subject, it's really kind of meaningless. Furthermore, I remember his Wonderlic being in the mid-20s, so hardly ********.

Again, I didn't say he was ********. I just said he struggles with basic concepts. Also, it was also documented that Al Saunders was frustrated over the slow progress Campbell made with picking up his playbook.

firehawk350

Reaction score
superpunk;2287180 said:
That's probably why I typed that the difference was meaningless.
Not meaningless, just not able to discern the meaning. If Moss or Pac plays slower than they time (and I don't really see that honestly) then we'd look at game speed, but given they both seem to play to the way they time, looking at the difference between a 4.4 guy and a 4.3 guy is big. One has good speed, the other has elite.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I'm rewatching the first skins vs. boys game from last year (in Dallas), and Cooley got open with slants. Greg Ellis was defending him along with a safety over the top. This matchup worked for the Skins. The safety was Roy.

firehawk350

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2287205 said:
Again, I didn't say he was ********. I just said he struggles with basic concepts. Also, it was also documented that Al Saunders was frustrated over the slow progress Campbell made with picking up his playbook.
I never saw Saunders say that. Link? Furthermore, it's well known the Saunders playbook is only slightly less complicated than quantum physics. Besides, my comment stands, if he struggles with the basic concepts behind one subject, it doesn't translate into being as dumb as a box of rocks.

Reaction score
firehawk350;2287214 said:
Not meaningless, just not able to discern the meaning. If Moss or Pac plays slower than they time (and I don't really see that honestly) then we'd look at game speed, but given they both seem to play to the way they time, looking at the difference between a 4.4 guy and a 4.3 guy is big. One has good speed, the other has elite.

Santana was a 4.3 guy when he was 22...

He is 29 and almost on the wrong side of 30. Unlike TO ,he is not a physical specimen. He IS talented but too suggest he has elite speed and pac HAS good speed...... is ludicrous.

RedskinNation

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2287215 said:
I'm rewatching the first skins vs. boys game from last year (in Dallas), and Cooley got open with slants. Greg Ellis was defending him along with a safety over the top. This matchup worked for the Skins. The safety was Roy.

Who is starting this week in place of RW? Watkins? I will miss seeing Roy back there!!!

Did RW ever say why he changed is # to 38?

firehawk350

Reaction score
Not so much hoss... The second fastest guy in all of the US is 31. Darrell Green will still outsprint 99% of the NFL.

To say Pacman has been "elite" this year is downright lunacy.