cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
stealth;1841844 said:
ohhhhhhh she might have just pulled another ten pages off

WELCOME AND WELL DONE!

LOL, just trying to help.

:laugh1:

OK, not really. I was really trying to express my frustration over the NFL's blatant inconsistencies!!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
stealth;1841998 said:
adam, do you have a link to the actual rule and not some wiki crap?

I was going to post a video of the mcdonalds commercial where the guy comes to the door and says wicki wicki, like a wrapper.

while searching for that I came across this....and now my stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sw2OvIgoO8

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
stealth;1842011 said:
holy crap when they slowed it down I about lost it

Check some of the links, the racist mcdonalds is hillarious.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
theebs;1842006 said:
I was going to post a video of the mcdonalds commercial where the guy comes to the door and says wicki wicki, like a wrapper.

while searching for that I came across this....and now my stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sw2OvIgoO8

that is amazing........im almost tearing up laughing so hard...

I love how they rap it and then all of sudden they stop and the dude says

"thats about it"

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1842017 said:
that is amazing........im almost tearing up laughing so hard...

I love how they rap it and then all of sudden they stop and the dude says

"thats about it"

Yeah It is really great. at the end when the girl is like, I heard 9 you want a number 9....then he raps again and at the end says crispy...

too funny.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
stealth;1841998 said:
adam, do you have a link to the actual rule

This comes from the 2007 NFL Official Rule book --

"All players are prohibited from:

(snipped a, b and c)

( d) grabbing the inside collar of the back of the shoulder pads or jersey, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling down the runner. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket."

I don't have a link to the 2007 version, but the rule is the same in the 2006 version, which can be downloaded here -- http://blogmedia.thenewstribune.com/media/2006 NFL RULEBOOK.pdf

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
13 pages later... lol

I missed all of them, anyway,

Anyone see the horse-collar that wasn't flagged in the Vikings game tonight?

It was on the long pass and catch to a Viking player (pretty vague I know but if you saw it you know what I mean).

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I know alot of people think it's a pansy call or whatever, whether you think it is or not, if you know a law is a law, you break that law cause you don't like it or think it's a sorry law, you're still getting a fine or going to jail.

Roy knows the rule, Roy is good enough to make text book tackles he chooses not to. Instead of wrapping a guy up, he wants to make a crushing blow to try and kill the player, problem is, some players are really in shape and those hits do nothing to them.

I've watched the play a ton, and he was in position to take one more step and wrap his legs up or his waist. I want Roy to succeed, and I hate what's happened to him, I hope he doesn't do it again, we'll need him for the playoffs.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1841069 said:
It's amazing how Wilfork can repeatedly go for a QBs knees and never get suspended.

Wait...I forgot. He plays for the Pats.
or how all of their DL drop their weight on a QB when sacking them...ALL THE TIME...in fact you can see Richard Seymour spread his arms out so he could not brace his fall with his arms...thus allowing all of his weight to supported by the Jets QB this Sunday

TVMan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1841236 said:
Well we'll get to see what it's like to play without Roy.

He won't be around for fans and media to point the finger at if there's a breakdown in the secondary. Should be interesting...

I'd be willing to bet that Carolina has a RB that rushes for over 100 this week.

We still win, but the run game is going to suffer without Roy on the field.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kycowboyfan;1841941 said:
sorry if this has already been posted. I just got home and didn't want to read all 14 pages of the thread. The 15 yard personal foul face mask is a dangerous way to tackle a runner, has anybody been suspended for committing that foul 3 times??
Not that I know of. Good question. Sort of amplifies the point.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Faerluna;1841968 said:
Nope.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/spe/2005/horse_collar_tackle/horsetest.swf

Deacon Jones Rule (1977) - The king of the head slap, Jones was out of the game for four years before the league banned his move.
Owned.

JPM

Reaction score
Has the Mark Gastineau rule ever been enforced ? I know Merriman's "dance" is premeditated, how was he not flagged for it last year ?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
What is funny this is not the 1st time the NFL has suspended a guy for repeated violation of a rule.

Heck the precedent goes back to under Tag's error when he suspended Chuck Cecil because he had repeated fines for leading with the crown of his helmet.

Why is anyone surprise this is not something new in the NFL. It just does not happen that often because most players tend to avoid the situation. While everyone except safeties for some reason. :eek:

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Honest I can not figure out why Roy keeps doing it. He is going to be the one that gets in trouble the most since he is why they put the rule in. He just keeps breaking the rule. I think it is a dumb rule but it is a rule and he hurts the team with these 15 yard penalties. WHY DO IT?????

He needs to work on grabbing another part of the runner everyday this week so he does it on instinct. Heck if he gets good at it.....they can have the Roy II rule :D