DC.COM Blog: Source Claims Incident Involving Pacman Overblown

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2321201 said:
Once again, it's amazing to me some people have such a hard time grasping the concept of responsibilities, actions and consequences.

I'll try to explain it to you....

My employer can't force me to stay at home at night, but if I'm showing up for work hung over and can't do my work responsibilities then my employer has every right to fire me.

In Pac Man's case, going out to after parties around intoxicated people puts him in sitautions where he could get suspended. Being suspended means he can't perform his work his job responsibilities.

Don't put yourself in stupid situations that effect your work performance. Especially when you're on your last chance.

Exactly. It's not that he can't have the rights of everyone else it's that his past history of being in bad situations and doing stupid things have landed him in the doghouse of the Commish. He doesn't have to do much, at this point, to have the Commish step in and suspend him again for just being in a stupid place that leads to a stupid situation.

Vintage;2321207 said:
You can go out to the bar and drink. Just limit what you drink. Or not drink at all. Going out isn't the problem. Not handling your alcohol is. Or choosing to drink is.

Going out isn't the problem...

It baffles me how going out = the problem.

No. Its the decision making once you are out that is the problem.

Which IS the problem for Jones and IS, at least thats how I gather it, the point of this guys multiple posts in response to your multiple posts against it.

The reason Jones needs to hold himself to a different standard, than a normal person would have in these situations, is because he's been a bonehead multiple times and has himself on a very short, very tight, leash with the league office.

Obviously when he goes out, and drinks, he acts up. Even if it's just something small like what this latest thing appeared to be it;'s the fact that he's ALREADY in trouble with the league for past screw ups. No need adding to them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2321536 said:
I don't see why they are monitoring his behavior like this if he wants to throw his life away let him do it hie's a grown man capable of making his own decision if he makes poor ones thats on him.

Because he is an idiot/investment.

Jerry has surrounded him with people to protect him from himself and the Millions Jerry is giving him.

I agree with you. But if the guy didn't have problems we wouldn't have to treat him like that.

Heck he wouldn't even be in Dallas.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2321536 said:
I don't see why they are monitoring his behavior like this if he wants to throw his life away let him do it hie's a grown man capable of making his own decision if he makes poor ones thats on him.

Because they want him on the field on Sundays. It is up to him if he wants to throw his life away. If that is all Jerry cared about he may just let him. Jerry also cares about football and the Dallas Cowboys. He wants Pacman to be playing and is doing what he thinks will help his team.

There is caring about the person and there is caring about the player. I think Jerry Jones genuinely cares about most with the majority of the members of the Cowboys. Monitoring Pacman though is probably more about caring about the player because he doesn't trust the person.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
CATCH17;2320684 said:
If the person who did it is named Adam Jones than it is not overblown.

He punched a mirror out in a hotel. There is no need for that. Period.

Argue, yell, or do whatever with your security. I dont care.

But dont start tearing things up in Public.

punching a mirror is hardly tearing things up

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2320684 said:
If the person who did it is named Adam Jones than it is not overblown.

He punched a mirror out in a hotel. There is no need for that. Period.

Argue, yell, or do whatever with your security. I dont care.

But dont start tearing things up in Public.
O give me a break.i told you so.this is goingno where. much a doo about nothing.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2321975 said:
punching a mirror is hardly tearing things up
No mirror was punched. Jerry said that a little glass umbrella was reported broken by the hotel. Another report claimed it was a glass outlet cover so its possible the umbrella was attached to the cover.

ANTHONYSCOTT

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2320701 said:
Just the fact that he is hanging out with thugs like Ludacris concerns me.

How and the h3ll can you call ludacris a thug? Do you know him? let me guess you grew up with him right? Stop labeling people without knowing them just because they are different than you. And let the NFL and the Cowboys make the call on Pacman. Unless you where there, we know nothing, it is such a thing called Two sides to every story. Lets at least find out the facts.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
im not a ludicrous fan by any means, but what has he done that made him a thug?

ddh33

Reaction score
Really? You think this might be overblown? Like TO attempting suicide? Except, wait, it really wasn't...

Look, this is the Dallas Cowboys. This is Adam "Pacman" Jones. Of course it's overblown.