DC - Dak excited to see what All In' will be. Owner Jones promises different players

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The same people who call the organization a joke, know that they are notoriously cheap and won’t sign big name outside free agents to big contracts, simultaneously at the same time want players to take less under the guise that suddenly Jerry and Stephen will go shopping in free agency or that it will somehow make them more aggressive?

Why would any player take less at all if ownership won’t commit the savings to resources that will greatly improve the team? If anything if the jones had shown a tendency to go out and take big swings then you’d get people willing to take less knowing that there’s legitimate talent coming in and a real residual effect.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Right but in the agents and daks eyes he has. Whether you or o agree dak will be paid like a top franchise quarterback if not here somewhere else.
If he signs that here, won't that be one of Jerry's worst mistakes.... the ultimate 'liking/paying our guys'. Just overpaying for lack of success.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is also coming from not having a complete plan of action consisting of targeted goals in my opinion. How can you give examples, even generalizations of examples, if you, the general manager, have not formulated anything yet?

The man is just reactionary. Pose a question. He spits out an answer. Does not matter that the answer is gobbly-guck. The important thing is that he gave an answer and that should be good enough for everyone.

And nothing is stopping him from saying, "We are in the planning stages and will not comment on who we are adding to the roster at this time." Nope. Jones will bedazzle you with saying a whole lot of nothing instead. That's Pro Football Hall of Fame GM talk right there. It's surprising he does not credit Tex Schramm for advising him how to talk to the media during the offseason, lol.
His use of the term “All In” looks like nothing more than a desperate attempt to remain relevant and maintain interest and of course revenue.

It’s clear that it signifies nothing of any actual importance and that nothing is changing.

bewp7

Reaction score
all in is just giving dak all the money

no wonder he is excited

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If he signs that here, won't that be one of Jerry's worst mistakes.... the ultimate 'liking/paying our guys'. Just overpaying for lack of success.

If you wanna move on from dak I respect your opinion but if he signs a new contract that’s his going rate. Taking less just to take less isn’t realistic and counterproductive if it’s done without a plan with the front office.

We’ve beat this to death. Dak will get a massive extension.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you wanna move on from dak I respect your opinion but if he signs a new contract that’s his going rate. Taking less just to take less isn’t realistic and counterproductive if it’s done without a plan with the front office.

We’ve beat this to death. Dak will get a massive extension.

When?
Seems you got a beat on this thing let the masses know when the Brinks truck is pulling up again in Dak's driveway???
2 days left till Fa's open should we be ordering that Champagne and buying our SB tickets?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
When?
Seems you got a beat on this thing let the masses know when the Brinks truck is pulling up again in Dak's driveway???
2 days left till Fa's open should we be ordering that Champagne and buying our SB tickets?

Don’t know but it’s going to happen. Just read the tea leaves. June, August, whenever, Jerry will not move on from dak. You know it even if you wish it wasn’t true.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The same people who call the organization a joke, know that they are notoriously cheap and won’t sign big name
....and you want to pay market setting money to a QB that can't perform under stress.
The organisation's a joke, in particular, BECAUSE we give in to players such are Dak, good, but will never get you championships due to his inherent flaws.
He was to blame,in part, for the last 3 play-off loses but you still advocate paying him.

We can blame Jerry for not going all in last trade deadline, BUT AFTER GB, there's go to be concerns about All- In with a QB that proves he capitulated under pressure.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t know but it’s going to happen. Just read the tea leaves. June, August, whenever, Jerry will not move on from dak. You know it even if you wish it wasn’t true.
Ok that's your take and I'll respect it but I won't agree with it.
Here's my reality...........
Dak is playing this upcoming season for his Cowboy Life as there is no extension coming either now or in August or Sept or at Xmas time.
Don't need the Tea leaves as it's pretty evident he doesn't handle pressure very well (See Playoff results) and will leave looking like the Deer in the headlights!!!

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Why would we extend him in June? Absolutely no point, as meaningful FA is over. May as well let him play out the contract. Indeed, why would Dak want to sign an extension in June, he'd presumably want above market value to keep him from hitting next years FA.
Play out 2024, hope he and the O-Line stay fit and he can make the play-offs. If not, then he may not get that market setting contract, or gets a team that befits his money desires and in a position to compete, but I suppose that's the chance he takes.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
....and you want to pay market setting money to a QB that can't perform under stress.
The organisation's a joke, in particular, BECAUSE we give in to players such are Dak, good, but will never get you championships due to his inherent flaws.
He was to blame,in part, for the last 3 play-off loses but you still advocate paying him.

We can blame Jerry for not going all in last trade deadline, BUT AFTER GB, there's go to be concerns about All- In with a QB that proves he capitulated under pressure.

At what point did I say what I’d do? I didn’t. I told you what the organization would do, what his agent will do and the thought process behind it. Which is basically just logical stuff that goes into negotiations, an opinion btw which happens to be shared by those much more informed than myself.

I said I’m pro player getting as much money as possible. I am. This isn’t a dak specific issue for me, I think all players should get as much money as they can if possible. Franchise quarterbacks get market setting contracts, your issue is with the market not me, I don’t set it, but I understand it. The top paid guy is the top paid guy until the next franchise guy comes along.

You’ve yet to show me one realistic reason that dak should take a pay cut for the cowboys other thank you think he’s not worth it- which will easily be shot down by his agent because if Dallas doesn’t pay him someone else will pay him just as much if not more.

You’re argument is move on from dak and I’ll respect your opinion but again there’s no logical reason for him to take a pay cut with the cowboys when he can easily get paid top dollar elsewhere and when him doing so won’t make the team take the savings and upgrade the team. Moving on from dak and him taking a pay cut are completely separate issues.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Dak is playing this upcoming season for his Cowboy Life as there is no extension coming either now or in August or Sept or at Xmas time.
Don't need the Tea leaves as it's pretty evident he doesn't handle pressure very well (See Playoff results) and will leave looking like the Deer in the headlights!!!

Sure, but your scenario assumes there’s pressure on dak in regards to getting paid and his contract. There isn’t, if he isn’t paid here he will get a gigantic bag elsewhere. He wins either way. Your thought process is built on a faulty premise my friend. There’s no pressure on if he’s getting a gigantic deal…he is.

I’ll also gladly circle back to this conversation when the cowboys do in fact extend dak which will happen

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You’re argument is move on from dak and I’ll respect your opinion but again there’s no logical reason for him to take a pay cut with the cowboys when he can easily get paid top dollar elsewhere and when him doing so won’t make the team take the savings and upgrade the team. Moving on from dak and him taking a pay cut are completely separate issues.
Wrong again. I'm against the idea of 'market setting' for a player that personally capitulated (at worst), or wasn't able to rise to the challenge (at best), in the last 3 play-off defeats.
Where in the world does that equate to 'top dollar'.
You're actually coming across as a 'sign Dak regardless'.... what would you think he should get?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Sure, but your scenario assumes there’s pressure on dak in regards to getting paid and his contract. There isn’t, if he isn’t paid here he will get a gigantic bag elsewhere. He wins either way. Your thought process is built on a faulty premise my friend. There’s no pressure on if he’s getting a gigantic deal…he is.

I’ll also gladly circle back to this conversation when the cowboys do in fact extend dak which will happen
I bet he wants to stay in Dallas....then again Atlanta appears perfect.....but that option will probably be gone with the 2024 Draft.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong again. I'm against the idea of 'market setting' for a player that personally capitulated (at worst), or wasn't able to rise to the challenge (at best), in the last 3 play-off defeats.
Where in the world does that equate to 'top dollar'.
You're actually coming across as a 'sign Dak regardless'.... what would you think he should get?
Seems like a nice guy but he's got that Dak virus and there is no cure baby.
Big bags........mega millions..........Gigantic bags...........LOL.........I'm sorry but has he been watching our games?
Anyway, reality is a cold mistress and we have now gone from a Dak extension a sure thing to August or Sept.
Whatever, someone hit me up when the Brink Truck pulls up................. :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is good to think positively despite Jones' tendencies for addressing the quarterback position over the last three decades. That past suggests the extension will occur.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is good to think positively despite Jones' tendencies for addressing the quarterback position over the last three decades. That past suggests the extension will occur.
forget_the_past_quote_and_caption-750x375.png