News: DC: Hankins: Mazi Smith, Cowboys D-Line Will Be 'Nasty'

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Yep....people definitely feared our 22nd ranked rush defense last year.

They just said "We're scared of you!!!...so we're gonna just run this ball down ur throat over and over, game in and game out, and there's nothing you can do about it"

But they only said that because they were afraid of us.

I'm definitely sure NATO will be looking for us....and will probably be waiting for us in the golf course club house come late January where our Cowboys will likely be watching the NFC Championship game on the TV while drowning their sorrows in Bud Lites
I feel like you suck.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
No....I'm just haven't given up...and accepted mediocrity for my team...like so many of you have. So I'm angry about it. And while year after year, this groundhog day routine u sheep go thru....giddy every summer....every draftee is great, teams will fear us...blah blah blah....then playoff loss...rinse ...repeat. Start over again.

Anyone sick and mad at that....is a troll and hater. I won't calm down. Never. I won't submit and bend over.....like you.
You know with you avatar, NOBODY here takes you seriously at all, right?

Creeper

Reaction score
If what he is saying about the group working harder together it bodes well for the Cowboys. Chemistry among the players is almost as important as talent. I hope this attitude elevates Gallimore and Bohanna.

blueblood70

Reaction score

They just said "We're scared of you!!!...so we're gonna just run this ball down ur throat over and over, game in and game out, and there's nothing you can do about it"

I'm definitely sure NATO will be looking for us....and will probably be waiting for us in the golf course club house come late January where our Cowboys will likely be watching the NFC Championship game on the TV while drowning their sorrows in Bud Lites
first of all that's what happened at seasons end because of what happened in the middle of the season where the run game collapsed..

they rallied to close it out, I don't know if you watched the playoffs but we weren't giving up a big run really we finished the season strong in the run game.

that's just like saying Tony Pollard was just like awesome all year because look at his yards per carry and all these rankings but you go look at what happened at the end of the year Tony Pollard finished the year week he was not very good 3.8 yards per carry 51 yards per game no touchdowns no explosive plays for six games to end the season...

yeah if you look at his stats just looks like he had a phenomenal year from start to finish it's not true he had some really big stat games in the middle that drove up his numbers but overall when you average it all out it looks different in rankings our defense total defense was ranked 7th overall that's actually really good we were top three in many categories so yeah the rusty defense dragged us down a bit but if you look how we finished it was strong against the run.

I don't know where you were but they were really good when it counted down the stretch, I mean I didn't look at the numbers in the Tampa Bay and 49er game but I'm pretty sure it was on point.

so, in my opinion they go already fixing the issue and now they have more people to throw in there and be even better they just had a let down mid-season as the entire defense did mostly because of injuries all over the place.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No....I'm just haven't given up...and accepted mediocrity for my team...like so many of you have. So I'm angry about it. And while year after year, this groundhog day routine u sheep go thru....giddy every summer....every draftee is great, teams will fear us...blah blah blah....then playoff loss...rinse ...repeat. Start over again.

Anyone sick and mad at that....is a troll and hater. I won't calm down. Never. I won't submit and bend over.....like you.
What is the alternative for a fan?

We each choose to be the kind of fan we want to be, doesn't mean you are right or wrong. As far as that angry part is concerned, there is far too much other crap going on for me to be angry about a football team.

Positive mental attitude is all choice and quite a few fans here choose that route in their support of their favorite teams.

And if back to back 12 win seasons is mediocrity, give me some more of that mediocrity.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What is the alternative for a fan?

We each choose to be the kind of fan we want to be, doesn't mean you are right or wrong. As far as that angry part is concerned, there is far too much other crap going on for me to be angry about a football team.

Positive mental attitude is all choice and quite a few fans here choose that route in their support of their favorite teams.

And if back to back 12 win seasons is mediocrity, give me some more of that mediocrity.
also like top 10-11 in win% over more then a decide with 32 teams that not middle at all..More post season sucess is wanted and needed but Definity not mediocre as what 12 teams go the post seaosn we got to the 2nd round, so we finished what 6th? . that not 16..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

EXACTLY I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT

Big_D

Reaction score
I get it we want to win more playoff games, but you have to build and improve to get there and they have done a nice job since the Garrett debacle. The comparisons to the failures of the Campo, Phillips or Garrett years are way off base. This roster is definitely in the best shape since the Super Bowl years.

ghst187

Reaction score
To me it all rides on Mazi. If he’s a stud our D will be great. If not, will be the same as last year basically

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If Hankins can play healthy and recapture some of that youth and our rookie plays to his potential, no hype needed, will definitely be a scary defensive line. We already know we have pass rushing ends.

Just remains to be seen. Hankins is at that age where the body can break down any week, and Mazi hasn't proven anything yet. I'll remain optimistic. Would be nice to see a dominant D-Line in Big D!

Praxit

Reaction score
..we thought Trysten was going to knock it out of park. Lets not anoint, until the half the Donut has been eaten. ;)..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EXACTLY I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT
Taking the low road? Surprising, since you are constantly starting threads, apparently, for a team that you don't believe in. Please share your thoughts!! Troll on!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Always negative. Always whining.

CCBoy

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas - Don't look now, but there is yet another defensive player for the Dallas Cowboys primed for a breakout season when the 2023 campaign gets underway. Sam Williams, the team's 2022 second-round pick, was a menace whenever he took the field as a rookie; and the efficiency of his production in limited reps points glaringly at what's to come.

That mindset isn't going unnoticed, as defensive line coach Aden Durde so pleasantly pointed out as minicamp concluded on Thursday.

"You can see that he's learned how to develop himself, and that's not to say that we don't develop them, but the biggest jump for Sam is he's becoming a true professional," said Durde. "I see the work that he puts in and the structure that he's put in off of the field. He comes in and you see his flexibility has changed, his coordination has changed, his stance is better. The things he's needed to work on, he's gone out and worked on and improved.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-dl-coach-sam-williams-is-primed-for-23

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas - Don't look now, but there is yet another defensive player for the Dallas Cowboys primed for a breakout season when the 2023 campaign gets underway. Sam Williams, the team's 2022 second-round pick, was a menace whenever he took the field as a rookie; and the efficiency of his production in limited reps points glaringly at what's to come.

That mindset isn't going unnoticed, as defensive line coach Aden Durde so pleasantly pointed out as minicamp concluded on Thursday.

"You can see that he's learned how to develop himself, and that's not to say that we don't develop them, but the biggest jump for Sam is he's becoming a true professional," said Durde. "I see the work that he puts in and the structure that he's put in off of the field. He comes in and you see his flexibility has changed, his coordination has changed, his stance is better. The things he's needed to work on, he's gone out and worked on and improved.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-dl-coach-sam-williams-is-primed-for-23
:flagwave::flagwave:

I won't let myself get too excited. Last time I thought we had a breakout 2nd round, 2nd year defensive player coming into the season, he went gangsta with his boys, but I don't think it's homer at all to say Sam Williams demonstrated some streaks of greatness last year in his limited time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
..we thought Trysten was going to knock it out of park. Lets not anoint, until the half the Donut has been eaten. ;)..
I'd say it's a little bit the opposite expectations for Tristan hill for those that might even was OK with the draft pick was to be a really good three tech not a one tech not a run stuffing two gap eating double team needed type guy that's run first you'll have to learn pass rushing but that's what we're talking about changing the middle of the defense in the run game I don't think Tristan hill at all was ever looked at it's gonna be a beast at one tech nose tackle spot

blueblood70

Reaction score
:flagwave::flagwave:

I won't let myself get too excited. Last time I thought we had a breakout 2nd round, 2nd year defensive player coming into the season, he went gangsta with his boys, but I don't think it's homer at all to say Sam Williams demonstrated some streaks of greatness last year in his limited time.
digggs?

Techsass

Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm expecting from Mazi in his rookie year, but I think he'll make a difference. Everybody says NTs take awhile & I'm OK with that because I still think we'll notice his contributions year 1.