News: DC: Hankins: Mazi Smith, Cowboys D-Line Will Be 'Nasty'

JayFord

Reaction score
this defense is going to be nasty

like pulling spoiled chitterlings out of your underwear that youve been wearing for 4 days

LysleE

Reaction score
Been a Dallas fan ever since I can remember; I’m hoping our draft picks can contribute their rookie year and the defensive unit coalesces into an elite unit this season.
I know news is lacking and we all are grasping, dissecting and reading into every quote that’s in social media, but let’s pump the brakes on expectations. It will save us fans consternation on the end.
In my opinion, these modern day Cowboys players, for the most part, have a tendency to talk-the-talk, but fail to walk-the walk. Remember The Hot Boyz? Let’s wait and see what happens when it’s live football against an evenly-matched opponent and the game counts.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
What is the alternative for a fan?

We each choose to be the kind of fan we want to be, doesn't mean you are right or wrong. As far as that angry part is concerned, there is far too much other crap going on for me to be angry about a football team.

Positive mental attitude is all choice and quite a few fans here choose that route in their support of their favorite teams.

And if back to back 12 win seasons is mediocrity, give me some more of that mediocrity.
That's what I've been saying.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

It's just a game people!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
first of all that's what happened at seasons end because of what happened in the middle of the season where the run game collapsed..

they rallied to close it out, I don't know if you watched the playoffs but we weren't giving up a big run really we finished the season strong in the run game.

that's just like saying Tony Pollard was just like awesome all year because look at his yards per carry and all these rankings but you go look at what happened at the end of the year Tony Pollard finished the year week he was not very good 3.8 yards per carry 51 yards per game no touchdowns no explosive plays for six games to end the season...

yeah if you look at his stats just looks like he had a phenomenal year from start to finish it's not true he had some really big stat games in the middle that drove up his numbers but overall when you average it all out it looks different in rankings our defense total defense was ranked 7th overall that's actually really good we were top three in many categories so yeah the rusty defense dragged us down a bit but if you look how we finished it was strong against the run.

I don't know where you were but they were really good when it counted down the stretch, I mean I didn't look at the numbers in the Tampa Bay and 49er game but I'm pretty sure it was on point.

so, in my opinion they go already fixing the issue and now they have more people to throw in there and be even better they just had a let down mid-season as the entire defense did mostly because of injuries all over the place.
Yeah they seem like a good group to me too.

Should be an interesting season!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You know with you avatar, NOBODY here takes you seriously at all, right?
I find that hard to believe. My avatar has our beloved Blue Star on it.

There's a guy up there with a box of donuts as his avatar.

Your saying his is more legit than mine?

CCBoy

Reaction score
this defense is going to be nasty

like pulling spoiled chitterlings out of your underwear that youve been wearing for 4 days
Shows one to stick with menudo stuffed with tripas...

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I find that hard to believe. My avatar has our beloved Blue Star on it.

There's a guy up there with a box of donuts as his avatar.

Your saying his is more legit than mine?
Yes, because that person didn't just pick the most popular teams in every sport, on some front-runner ish. I bet you've never lived anywhere close to any of those markets. Have you ever even been to a Cowboys game here?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Yes, because that person didn't just pick the most popular teams in every sport, on some front-runner ish. I bet you've never lived anywhere close to any of those markets. Have you ever even been to a Cowboys game here?
I'll answer that question if you answer mine first:

Where in the US would you consider not near either Alabama, New York, LA, and Texas all at the same time?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Man, I came in here to say we'll see, and I thought some would view that as pessimistic.

We've got a lot to prove but our defense was very good last year, not perfect by any means, and looks like it might be even better with the addition of Mazi and Gilmore.
Cowboys run defense was putrid last year.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Don't you have over 6,000 posts here?

Huh.
I've been a member since 2012 and if you average it out that is about 570 posts a year. You, on the other hand, have 1266 posts in the past 8 months since you joined in October 2022.

So you tell me - who is more obsessed with this site?

MikeB80

Reaction score
Last year the quarterback's they faced was al0t like 03. The next year they played g00d qb's every week and the defense fell apart....l0sing w00ds0n was a big bl0w but still it was the qb's they played.

there are very few bad qb's 0n the schedule this year last year was filled with them.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yep....people definitely feared our 22nd ranked rush defense last year.

They just said "We're scared of you!!!...so we're gonna just run this ball down ur throat over and over, game in and game out, and there's nothing you can do about it"

But they only said that because they were afraid of us.

I'm definitely sure NATO will be looking for us....and will probably be waiting for us in the golf course club house come late January where our Cowboys will likely be watching the NFC Championship game on the TV while drowning their sorrows in Bud Lites
Not Bud Lights!