News: DC: Hankins: Mazi Smith, Cowboys D-Line Will Be 'Nasty'

Jipper

Reaction score
We will see....if mazi pans out this has a shot to be a top 3 defense with potential to be in the top 5 of dallas' all time defense lists...not ready to call them doomsday but the pieces certainly look there on paper to be special

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It's yet another nuclear bomb at the disposal of Dan Quinn, whose stockade is now to a point that he and the Cowboys might soon get a call from NATO about Dallas' proliferation of weapons.

Hankins: Mazi Smith, Cowboys D-Line Will Be 'Nasty'
Yep....people definitely feared our 22nd ranked rush defense last year.

They just said "We're scared of you!!!...so we're gonna just run this ball down ur throat over and over, game in and game out, and there's nothing you can do about it"

But they only said that because they were afraid of us.

I'm definitely sure NATO will be looking for us....and will probably be waiting for us in the golf course club house come late January where our Cowboys will likely be watching the NFC Championship game on the TV while drowning their sorrows in Bud Lites

CWR

Reaction score

They just said "We're scared of you!!!...so we're gonna just run this ball down ur throat over and over, game in and game out, and there's nothing you can do about it"

I'm definitely sure NATO will be looking for us....and will probably be waiting for us in the golf course club house come late January where our Cowboys will likely be watching the NFC Championship game on the TV while drowning their sorrows in Bud Lites

We get it, you're a troll. Calm down.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Man, I came in here to say we'll see, and I thought some would view that as pessimistic.

We've got a lot to prove but our defense was very good last year, not perfect by any means, and looks like it might be even better with the addition of Mazi and Gilmore.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
We get it, you're a troll. Calm down.
No....I'm just haven't given up...and accepted mediocrity for my team...like so many of you have. So I'm angry about it. And while year after year, this groundhog day routine u sheep go thru....giddy every summer....every draftee is great, teams will fear us...blah blah blah....then playoff loss...rinse ...repeat. Start over again.

Anyone sick and mad at that....is a troll and hater. I won't calm down. Never. I won't submit and bend over.....like you.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Man, I came in here to say we'll see, and I thought some would view that as pessimistic.

We've got a lot to prove but our defense was very good last year, not perfect by any means, and looks like it might be even better with the addition of Mazi and Gilmore.
Well....I hope so.

But fluff pieces like this post, about our abundance of weapons and fearful arsenal.... can we MAYBE wait until we break the 98 year stretch of not playing in a NFC CG? It's like hearing a walmart checkout guy bragging about his job. It's just lame.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well....I hope so.

But fluff pieces like this post, about our abundance of weapons and fearful arsenal.... can we MAYBE wait until we break the 98 year stretch of not playing in a NFC CG? It's like hearing a walmart checkout guy bragging about his job. It's just lame.
Defense wasn't really the problem last year, though. It played well enough to win, especially in the playoffs. It needed to get better against the run, and did by acquiring Hankins ... and could be even better there after drafting Mazi. That right corner spot was also iffy, so trading for Gilmore, who was very good last year, was a nice move.

There are still some questions, of course. Can anyone on the inside regularly collapse the pocket? Can Clark improve the linebacker position compared to what we got for Barr, or can Overshown and Cox play a role there?

Depending on how well those and other questions get answered, this defense does have the chance to be elite. Maybe Quinn's best since Seattle's Legion of Boom days.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Calling it now, we're in for a Sam Williams breakout season.

Williams was super productive on limited snaps last season, at a position where rookies usually start slow. Elite athlete. Perfect scheme fit. Dude has the goods.

As far as Mazi... all of the elite Wilfork-ian NTs you can name were never better than average for their first two years. It's just a position that takes time. People always quote the 3 year rule for judging rookies, but that's like the minimum wait time for rookie NTs.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Defense wasn't really the problem last year, though. It played well enough to win, especially in the playoffs. It needed to get better against the run, and did by acquiring Hankins ... and could be even better there after drafting Mazi. That right corner spot was also iffy, so trading for Gilmore, who was very good last year, was a nice move.

There are still some questions, of course. Can anyone on the inside regularly collapse the pocket? Can Clark improve the linebacker position compared to what we got for Barr, or can Overshown and Cox play a role there?

Depending on how well those and other questions get answered, this defense does have the chance to be elite. Maybe Quinn's best since Seattle's Legion of Boom days.
You should be a hostage negotiator.

See.....now I've calmed down and am seeing reason...and am ready to come out slowly with my hands up

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Big fluffy article about how happy and excited Hankins is to be here. Well let me remind everyone - he signed a one year deal.

rags747

Reaction score
Knowing what we know the phone call will be collect, don’t answer it!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score