News: DC: Lawrence was asked: Do you believe in the coaching staff?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Lawrence replied the only way that he could or even should, with JG still being his boss!

The question being put to him was foolish. No player should be put into that position. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Plus you don’t really know if coaching is holding you back when you’ve only played for one head coach your entire nfl career.

That is the silliest thing I've read here in a while. Ya these players are saying to themselves this head coach is keeping me from making tackles. I just won't be able to make any tackles until we get a new head coach. Another says I just can't stop getting blown by, by receivers until we get another head coach. That is just ridiculous. Position coaches do the developing of players not the head coach.

Zman5

Reaction score
Ok dumb Z..lol

Look I found a pic of Dumb Dre.

"I pity the fool who blame the mighty Clapper."

blogs-the-feed-key-and-peele-mr-t.jpg

Zman5

Reaction score
You back again Sally? Your mother haven't made you go to bed yet..lol

Wow. I'm impressed. You finally learned how to use "your/you're" correctly this time. Maybe if you keep trying hard instead of blaming others like JG, you might make it to middle school. Keep it up Dumb Dre.

Dre11

Reaction score
Wow. I'm impressed. You finally learned how to use "your/you're" correctly this time. Maybe if you keep trying hard instead of blaming others like JG, you might make it to middle school. Keep it up Dumb Dre.

Dumb Zman mom let him stay up past curfew...lol

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
On the TV show, "In the NFL," I liked Brandon Marshall's comment when the four man team was asked "what's wrong with the Cowboys?"

Brandon said: "I think they're a team that isn't football smart. They saw Dak having trouble passing in the rain, yet didn't rely upon the run!"

I thought about it for a while and it seemed likely that they should have practiced with a wet ball during the week or at least, run a bit more.

The weather forecast had predicted rain steadily before the game came due and he floundered badly with his control with that wet football.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You'll get no argument from me that it was same old same old. Vaunted offense goes in a shell against a decent defense whose HC has knows that sending 2 players on an A gap blitz always gives us trouble. Turnovers. Oline overrated, QB inaccurate and reluctant to run, the top paid running back gassed after 3 plays. A defense that always disappears with pressure against a decent team, never gets turnovers. Dak had time, their secondary knew the routes. OUr secondary just runs around back to the ball.

It's been mostly the same story since 2008. They have a couple of surprise years where they finally dedicate to the run (2014), or get a new stable of weapons including a running QB (2016), aside form that, once the tape is out, it is rinse and repeat.
Great post Dude !

the top paid running back gassed after 3 plays.:lmao: he did run ok in this game but I notice after one run he held up his hand
and jogged to sideline lol he just looked like a little kid who was winded.

it is rinse and repeat.... and that is what jerry wants for rest of season staying with garrett

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
If you feel good about that, take it as a compliment. In all sincerity, you probably could not be any more of an ineffective figure head if you coached the team

As to the last point, I almost feel that you are trolling or maybe just dont have the analytical and strategic capacity to follow a cogent point. Giving the benefit of the doubt to the latter, I'll walk through slowly.

They struggled with blitzes today, no? This is coaching and preparedness for a top 5 QB pressuring team. Routes need to change, blocking assignments picked up, adjustments made. As for play calling, If Buffalo zone blitzes, then throwing into predetermined lanes (curl, dig or slant), then less probability of positive execution of the original play is likely to work. If Buffalo knows that once you get Dallas down double digits - they go one dimensional. Life gets easier for Buffalo. The offense has self-imposed itself into a one dimensional strategy way too early and Buffalo gets to play to its strength.

Almost an exact same situation happened last week. get inside the 10 and except it was run for 3 (stretch option of all things) throw, throw - ending up with a 4th and 7. Kick FG. Receive criticism.

FF to now, 1st and goal at the 9. pass, pass for 3, pass and have a 4th and 6 - pass in the dirt. Unlike the Viking game where Zeke had as many 0 and neg yard runs as positive run, He was chipping at 4-6ypc the last 2 weeks. last 2 weeks - No runs. All faith in a struggling passing game against great pass defences. As opposed to a potential 4th and 1 or 2 where the entire playbook is open, pass, pass, pass, makes 4th down be a pass if they do not complete it. The coaches have no feel for the game, or Dak has no feel for the game.

Execution is a red herring. Football play calling is not unlike economic behavioural option modeling or easier - chess. If x then y, or If X +Y, then z otherwise A1. If you let a defense know you are one dimensional, then they dictate the action and the offense must react. If more options are open (i.e. the threat is in the recency bias memory of the opposition), then more wrinkles or options are available for successful "execution"

Hail Mary's and onside kicks don't predominantly fail from lack of "execution." The opponent knows what is coming and that countermeasure reduces the probability of positive execution.

Or maybe we are just one swim move and one trap block away - just bad form - correctable as the players said
Exactly!!!

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
If you feel good about that, take it as a compliment. In all sincerity, you probably could not be any more of an ineffective figure head if you coached the team

As to the last point, I almost feel that you are trolling or maybe just dont have the analytical and strategic capacity to follow a cogent point. Giving the benefit of the doubt to the latter, I'll walk through slowly.

They struggled with blitzes today, no? This is coaching and preparedness for a top 5 QB pressuring team. Routes need to change, blocking assignments picked up, adjustments made. As for play calling, If Buffalo zone blitzes, then throwing into predetermined lanes (curl, dig or slant), then less probability of positive execution of the original play is likely to work. If Buffalo knows that once you get Dallas down double digits - they go one dimensional. Life gets easier for Buffalo. The offense has self-imposed itself into a one dimensional strategy way too early and Buffalo gets to play to its strength.

Almost an exact same situation happened last week. get inside the 10 and except it was run for 3 (stretch option of all things) throw, throw - ending up with a 4th and 7. Kick FG. Receive criticism.

FF to now, 1st and goal at the 9. pass, pass for 3, pass and have a 4th and 6 - pass in the dirt. Unlike the Viking game where Zeke had as many 0 and neg yard runs as positive run, He was chipping at 4-6ypc the last 2 weeks. last 2 weeks - No runs. All faith in a struggling passing game against great pass defences. As opposed to a potential 4th and 1 or 2 where the entire playbook is open, pass, pass, pass, makes 4th down be a pass if they do not complete it. The coaches have no feel for the game, or Dak has no feel for the game.

Execution is a red herring. Football play calling is not unlike economic behavioural option modeling or easier - chess. If x then y, or If X +Y, then z otherwise A1. If you let a defense know you are one dimensional, then they dictate the action and the offense must react. If more options are open (i.e. the threat is in the recency bias memory of the opposition), then more wrinkles or options are available for successful "execution"

Hail Mary's and onside kicks don't predominantly fail from lack of "execution." The opponent knows what is coming and that countermeasure reduces the probability of positive execution.

Or maybe we are just one swim move and one trap block away - just bad form - correctable as the players said
:):)

cowboyed

Reaction score
what else will a player say. good or great players feel that way. no one wants to believe that a coach makes them great. I tell you one thing, Parcels or belicheck would prepare this team and motivate them.

Parcells didn't light up the league when he was coaching for the Cowboys either. In 4 seasons he got us to the playoffs twice but kind of like Garrett like, one and done game. He got out of coaching and up to executive management with the Dolphins, I believe. However, he has been retired for quite some time.

Sully

Reaction score
Lawrence is asked, "Do you believe in the coaching staff?"

He replies-

"That's a stupid question, but yes. Absolutely. I feel like this is a man's game and it's not just on the coaching staff. I feel like they didn't do anything to hurt us. We did self inflicted wounds and it's really about the offense and the defense capitalizing and we didn't do that tonight."

Of course he has to say this. He really doesn't have anything to compare Garrett too.