DC/Marvel Films

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The Dark Knight and it's not even close. It had quite a few "that was cool" moments. The train scene was so-so. And those Spider-Man movies really do not hold up well.

I can't put the Dark Knight #1 with the actor playing 2 face. Downgraded the movie for me. Ledger is great.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I can't put the Dark Knight #1 with the actor playing 2 face. Downgraded the movie for me. Ledger is great.

That really irked me as well tbh. Overacting the role and the special effects for 2 face were laughingly poor. I guess I somewhat block that aspect out due to the great performance of Ledger/plot. You are spot on with that assessment. I still feel the story was creative enough to keep it @ #1 for me though I loved Avengers/Cap2. I also felt "Rachel" was about as "plain jane" as one could cast. THAT is who playboy Bruce Wayne is madly in love with? Really:confused:

Spiderman: Tobey Maguire is just too much of a punk to be taken seriously. I know he is supposed to be "square" but come on...

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Love the train scene from Spider-Man II, but I would go with Batman's capture of The Joker at the end of The Dark Knight as a comparison of cool moments between both films. Kicking the tied up henchmen out of the building was pretty slick.

That was pretty cool. You are right.

Its all opinion. Thought the train scen was more "suspend your disbelief"-worthy. :)

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
That really irked me as well tbh. Overacting the role and the special effects for 2 face were laughingly poor. I guess I somewhat block that aspect out due to the great performance of Ledger/plot. You are spot on with that assessment. I still feel the story was creative enough to keep it @ #1 for me though I loved Avengers/Cap2. I also felt "Rachel" was about as "plain jane" as one could cast. THAT is who playboy Bruce Wayne is madly in love with? Really:confused:

Ya the Rachel character was a snorefest.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Thoughts on the upcoming ANT-MAN movie. When they show the ants around Ant-Man when he shrinks, do you think they will be cgi real as possible (as in life), or depicted different to not make them as hard to stomach seeing them 100% full screen? That would be a turn off for alot of people if they were true to life.

pachycondyla.jpg

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
So apparently Ray Fisher has been cast as Cyborg for the upcoming Batman v Superman film. If you're wondering who that is, join the club.

Anyone else think they're trying to go too big, too fast and this movie is likely to be a train wreck?

Yes.
They are obviously trying to catapult themselves back into the race vs marvel.

IMO the only chance they have is if they go lighter. The characters have to take you for that "suspend your disbelief" ride or it won't work.

Needs charm, charisma and unforgettable scenes that can be followed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Paid movie critics have spoken (48 critics/pretty impressive). They give The Amazing Spider-Man 2 an average grade based on mixed reviews. Early Metacritic users/moviegoers' opinions are favorable and think its a good movie. Of course, the accumulated opinion is based on only 165 opinions thus far (lol). I hope to catch the movie before Monday.

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/TheAmazingSpider-Man2_zpse6dd1f62.jpg​

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I'm going to see The Amazing Spiderman 2 tomorrow. I liked the first one a lot more than the Toby Maguire films. Anyone remember the terrible 80's Spiderman movie?

Edit: Here it is.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I grew up watching those Spidey bad tv shows. Have them on my hard drive and currently watching them. lol.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Paid movie critics have spoken (48 critics/pretty impressive). They give The Amazing Spider-Man 2 an average grade based on mixed reviews. Early Metacritic users/moviegoers' opinions are favorable and think its a good movie. Of course, the accumulated opinion is based on only 165 opinions thus far (lol). I hope to catch the movie before Monday.

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/TheAmazingSpider-Man2_zpse6dd1f62.jpg​

I think that directors/writers should probe fans opinions/ideas on movies.

The consumer should be consulting them.