News: DC: Tolbert's 2023 Goal: "Show Why I Got Drafted"

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact he couldn't win a job given last years wr core that had us dumpster diving at the end doesn't bode well. I give him one more camp to impress then cut our losses. I certainly hope the plan isn't to assume his improvement.

CoachD

Reaction score

"Show Why I Got Drafted".........That would be nice!​

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I’m hopeful he improves in year 2. Some players take more time to get accumulated to the NFL.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Jalen Has much he can do. Its way premature to call him a bust. Lets see what he does year 2. Then 3. U just never know. Sometimes the light comes on when we least expect it. Look at Dalton Schultz. I think it was year 3 or 4 with him. Then he went nuts. NOBODY expected it. We need patience with him.
Hes a bust. If he couldnt see the field last year with the bums at wr this kid has zero shot

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Tolbert was capable of showing why he got drafted he would have done it in 2022. Instead, he is known for lining up offsides.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I don't think Wright can fix what's broken. He just doesn't have the ability to get in and out of breaks with receivers quickly.

I think we have a better chance of the lightbulb going on with Joseph, who has the physical skills to be a top cornerback but lacks the football IQ. If we can get him to understand his responsibility when he's out there (and not line up outside when he has not defender to his inside or not jump a route when he has no help behind him), he could be pretty good. At least he's good on special teams right now, when he's not making boneheaded mistakes, so that gives him some value.

Wright's OK on special teams (nothing special) but I don't think he can change himself physically to be able to flip his hips faster or not be handicapped by his length, so I don't think he'll make it out of the preseason when he'll likely get roasted again.

I see what they saw in Wright , his height , he jumped a route this year had a nice pick but for every play he makes he gets nabbed by the stripes for defensive holding or hands to the face . Penalties a DB makes when he’s out of position and panic sets in.

RonWashington

Reaction score
As far as Tolbert i see his future in the NFL as a Randall Cobb Cole Beasley type Dak finds 15/20 yards down field in the slot . Not a TY Hilton stretch the D play maker . Slot reliability not to be minimized in importance .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Why people Dis a cap friendly reliable receiver who contributes to the ST Noah Brown is beyond me . It’s as if the casual fan doesn’t recognize what goes into dressing 47 on game day . Same with Dorrance Armstrong . Dude had a solid year opposite Tank .

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I see what they saw in Wright , his height , he jumped a route this year had a nice pick but for every play he makes he gets nabbed by the stripes for defensive holding or hands to the face . Penalties a DB makes when he’s out of position and panic sets in.
They saw a Richard Sherman starter kit, but Wright doesn't have the body control or physicality of Sherman.

CWR

Reaction score
If he is a slow learner I'm sure having to learn another new system won't be super great for him.

Honestly, I'm not going to slam the kid yet, but I have zero expectations. Last season was the perfect time to step in and he never came close.

If he ends up surprising It'll be a happy bonus in my mind.

MikeT22

Reaction score
They saw a Richard Sherman starter kit, but Wright doesn't have the body control or physicality of Sherman.
It's like drafting based on height instead of talent may not be the wise decision.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
who the crap is this Tolbert guy. I don't remember seeing him play or get drafted.
3rd round pick.............88 overall...............WR from South Alabama............had 2 catches his rookie year for like 12 yards.

Its too early to call him a total bust pick, but its not looking good.

DanA

Reaction score
His goal should be to make the roster because that’s not a given. The way his first season went he could very well get cut.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give him time, he has to learn to leap 10 ft high and catch the ball behind his back.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
CPT - just looked at his stats.
Did the the quality of competition in the Sunbelt Conference inflate his ability to the Cowboys scouting dept/FO...or is Tolbert a true talent that can be a good WR in the NFL with coaching and dedication to improve?
Him -- along with Simi Fehoko -- really need to step up and contribute.
Both of these guys have the potential to be a weapon in the right scheme. I'd like to see what happens if they have these guys on the outside and Lamb and Hilton in the slot with Turpin motioning out of the backfield to make it 5 wide empty. It might force some timeouts if they burn someone once for 6.