News: DC: Tolbert's 2023 Goal: "Show Why I Got Drafted"

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Have to give him another year for sure jury is still out. Tom Landry used to give rookies 3 years to prove they could play before he would make a decision. Only the idiot GM/Owner thought this rookie was going to come in and fill the void by Cooper in his rookie year.

Motorola

Reaction score
Both of these guys have the potential to be a weapon in the right scheme. I'd like to see what happens if they have these guys on the outside and Lamb and Hilton in the slot with Turpin motioning out of the backfield to make it 5 wide empty. It might force some timeouts if they burn someone once for 6.
Now that there is changeover on the coaching staff, i.e. a new OC (appears the team is keeping the WR coach hired a year ago)...let's see if the young guys improve with another offseason of OTAs in addition to training camp.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Only needs 3 catches next year to improve
Man, I really liked the pick when he came in. But I have to say, my hopes for him really aren't that high. I would love to be wrong. But a player like him, or a player who I thought he might be, should be a bit angry, and frustrated with themselves for not being able to contribute when the opportunity to contribute was definitely there.

If you look at his body language, he gets upset on the inside when people ask him about it.
If he is a slow learner I'm sure having to learn another new system won't be super great for him.

Honestly, I'm not going to slam the kid yet, but I have zero expectations. Last season was the perfect time to step in and he never came close.

If he ends up surprising It'll be a happy bonus in my mind.
Tolbert kinda looks like a downie. So, maybe he is a slow learner.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Man, I really liked the pick when he came in. But I have to say, my hopes for him really aren't that high. I would love to be wrong. But a player like him, or a player who I thought he might be, should be a bit angry, and frustrated with themselves for not being able to contribute when the opportunity to contribute was definitely there.

If you look at his body language, he gets upset on the inside when people ask him about it.

Tolbert kinda looks like a downie. So, maybe he is a slow learner.
Being a person who doesn't watch a lot of NCAAF, I didn't mind the pick based on position alone but his production was completely unacceptable. I don't know what to make of him because he played so little he may as well be a 2023 rookie.

Mannix

Reaction score
The first couple times he was thrown a ball he had alligator arms....tells me all I need to know....terrible pick.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not every rookie WR makes an immediate impact. We have been lucky with Dez and Lamb and even Gallup.

visionary

Reaction score
Watching the video I saw a determined young man eager to learn

I’m going to be pulling for him to do great me year

links18

Reaction score
Why were you doing drafted Jalen? Because the organization was too cheap to get a FA WR who could contribute, so you were drafted to sell the fan base that something was being done at WR.

mardwin

Reaction score
Too risky to draft a QB in round 2/3 but we take the likes of this guy, Wright, and Joseph.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'd cut him this offseason. It sounds like an overreaction, but if this guy can't even line up correctly, his head is just not in the game.

Motorola

Reaction score
Too risky to draft a QB in round 2/3 but we take the likes of this guy, Wright, and Joseph.
Unless they really step it up to be better than PS roster players, potential FAs and draftees -- chances are two of these three guys won't be on the Cowboys' roster when the NFL season kicks off 7 months to the day (Sept. 7th, 2023).

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact he can't even line up properly, he couldn't even dress on game day cause he wasn't doing the right things in practice, couldn't even see the field when this team needed him really bad.
So a rookie only 9 months into his pro career is a total wasted pick because he made some mistakes? That's what rookies do.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
So a rookie only 9 months into his pro career is a total wasted pick because he made some mistakes? That's what rookies do.
Hes been lining up since pee wee football, no excusing that. That game cost the Cowboys dearly and so did the Jaguars game because we needed a 3rd WR. It got so bad that we were gonna bring in a dude with 2 knee surgeries on the same knee, they tried to trade for Brandin Cooks, you really think that was gonna be a 1 year rental? Nope, dudes done