dcfanatic Is On Life Support & Not Expected to Make It

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Many have read his blog or heard his podcasts. He was controversial at times. He is still too young to be cashing in his chips.

His brother posted this on Facebook and his website I think.

Unfortunately I have some terrible news to share. Brian Gallagher aka DC Fanatic has taken a turn for the worse. I met with his doctor and nurses today and due to his condition there is nothing more they can do for him. His blood pressure has gotten so low that they can no longer do the dialysis on his kidneys. His lungs are too damaged from pneumonia to take him off the respirator and had to be put into and induced coma. I was appointed as his medical proxy and have the most difficult task of deciding when to let him go peacefully. He has told me many times that if it ever came to this and that there was a time when he could no longer be him to not make him hang on. To be fair to everyone who knows and loves him I am allowing a few days for you to make your peace with him and tell him how much he meant to you. If you can make it in the next few days to Orange Regional Medical Center in Middletown, NY I suggest you do so. If not, I understand and so does he. His condition is very delicate and they do not know how long he will make it on his own. As per his wishes I signed a DNR so time is sensitive. I am truly heartbroken and am devastated that I even have to say these words. I want my brother back! But I also will not let him suffer. Be at peace and we will always be together.. Duke..

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Oh jesus....that's awful. Just awful.

My heart and prayers go out to his family and friends. This is just terrible news.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
That's awful, what a miserable week this has been. Hopefully he finds peace.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Wow. Goosebumps. My prayers are with him and his family right now. I hope that he can at least be at peace and pain-free during these times.

NJ22

Reaction score
Wow Prayers for the family and friends and him. You never know what miracles can happen. On a lighter note. I managed the entire infrastructure build of that hospital. Just ironic. Prayers are sent.

conner01

Reaction score
so sad. it's funny that most of us have never met each other but over time you kind of have a picture in your mind of some of the posters you read each day and build a kinda distant friemdship with some. such a sad thing, my prayers go out to him and his family

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Does dc still have an account here? I tried to find him but to no avail.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Man I remember him here and I would always get on his blog this is terrible news, prayers go out too his family.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Many have read his blog or heard his podcasts. He was controversial at times. He is still too young to be cashing in his chips.

His brother posted this on Facebook and his website I think.

Unfortunately I have some terrible news to share. Brian Gallagher aka DC Fanatic has taken a turn for the worse. I met with his doctor and nurses today and due to his condition there is nothing more they can do for him. .

My condolences to him and his family. It's terrible to face this type of thing and to be the one to make the decision is heartbreaking.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Very unfortunate and much too young it's not fair. I wish him and his family peace. God has a plan and DC is a part of it right now.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
May God bless and keep his family even closer in this extremely difficult time for them.:(

cej757

Reaction score
This sucks, I really looked forward to listen to Dc's podcast and visit his site to get all of the Cowboys content.
And to think this is happening right before the season begins is terrible. I didn't always agree with Dc ,but I respected where he was coming from. The guy really loved the Cowboys. I wish it was possible someone from the Cowboys orginazation could send their condolences. I remember when he would have Broaddus on his radio show before Broaddus started working for Dc.com.

Really puts a damper on the season for me with this news.