Twitter: DE Demarcus Lawrence reportedly out indefinitely with broken foot

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We dog on Jaylon, but D-law has gone missing and is signed as a TOP DL but doesn't produce like one. What a waste.

Again....Defense is a team effort. Any OC looks at us and says neutralize D-Law and there's not much else. Why do you think Quinn got 11.5 sacks with us in 2019 and then just 2 whilst playing in a much better balanced Bears Defense.

Considering how infrequently we blitz (or over commit to pass rushing),our press% figures put us pretty much middle of the road.

In the near future i'm sure Micah will be used as a major pass rush threat.

As for Jaylon, we dog on him (somewhat unfairly) is that his knee limits what he can do, a LB who can only function in one direction is a liability.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So we now look at more 3-4 set-ups. Micah, Neal, LVE, Jaylon and Cox gets his chance.

J-man

Reaction score
Last year it was the O-line so far this year it's the D-line with Gallimore and Law out.
This is really bad news for the team going forward. D-Law doesn't get the sacks, but he's at least a force to deal with. If Gregory doesn't come back we're in major league trouble against the Chargers. I think Bash, Anae and Armstrong are good players, just not starters who can create havoc on every play.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No he wasn’t lol….especially in the last few tears….Lawrence at least contributed.

Because he couldnt stay healthy…

This isn’t apples to apples. Lee was never paid like the best LB on planet Earth. Why didn’t Joey Boss’s stats plummet when people realized he was good and they double teamed him? Why didn’t JJ Watt’s? Myles Garrett’s? Julius Peppers? Michael Strahan?

Demarcus Lawrence is still a contributor, but you and I both know they’re not giving him 20m$ a year to play great run D and almost get to the QB a lot. It’s been three years since his last multi-sack game. His sack numbers have dropped by 2/3rd’s since he hit 14.5, and you want to imply this is all simply racial in nature.

People aren’t mad at Dlaw because they like him less. They’re mad at Dlaw because they were so desperate to like him more and he let them down. This place used to slobber over that guy something fierce.

Carson

Reaction score
I have to agree with you on this one, one game in and "all hope is lost" don't get this view there are 16 more to played.
I think for the most part, it’s people seeing the same thing over and over.

The last time we were relatively successful we had very little injuries. Starting two on the road, now week two we have a solid offense to stop. Our defense had allowed a staggering 35.1 PPG in Daks last 6 starts.

In retrospect, Mahomes scored 35+ once ALL of 2020. They scored 35 twice.

Brady did it 6 times last season. 5 of those games were absolute blowouts.

The problem is, this defense doesn’t allow for many mistakes. Dak is asked to play a near flawless game week in and week out. Our lack of red zone success is another reason why this team stays mediocre.

Losing Lawrence isn’t insurmountable. However, it puts arguably the worst defense in the league now down a minimum of 2/4 starters on their line. A possibility of a 3rd.

When you aren’t really good and you’re asking guys like Basham, Armstrong and Anae to take 40+ snaps a game it’s trouble.

Season over? This team hasn’t won a game in forever scoring less than 35

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hopefully Stephan can learn when to cut ties with players or coaches that deserve to be let go, it's too late for Jerry to learn, but hopefully Stephan won't have that losing quality about him like Jerry does.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I think for the most part, it’s people seeing the same thing over and over.

The last time we were relatively successful we had very little injuries. Starting two on the road, now week two we have a solid offense to stop. Our defense had allowed a staggering 35.1 PPG in Daks last 6 starts.

In retrospect, Mahomes scored 35+ once ALL of 2020. They scored 35 twice.

Brady did it 6 times last season. 5 of those games were absolute blowouts.

The problem is, this defense doesn’t allow for many mistakes. Dak is asked to play a near flawless game week in and week out. Our lack of red zone success is another reason why this team stays mediocre.

Losing Lawrence isn’t insurmountable. However, it puts arguably the worst defense in the league now down a minimum of 2/4 starters on their line. A possibility of a 3rd.

When you aren’t really good and you’re asking guys like Basham, Armstrong and Anae to take 40+ snaps a game it’s trouble.

Season over? This team hasn’t won a game in forever scoring less than 35

Prior to 2020 the defense didn't play poorly so you can't focus solely on the defense. There are plenty of examples where the defense kept opposing offenses below 20 points but the Dallas offense never showed up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Losing DLaw is a big blow, I would think Cowboys will look outside to bring in a vet. Vic Beasley played under Quinn, Adrian Clayborn another who played under Quinn. I was going to mention Tyron Crawford but did not want to start a riot. lol there is also Dion Jordan out there.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hopefully Stephan can learn when to cut ties with players or coaches that deserve to be let go, it's too late for Jerry to learn, but hopefully Stephan won't have that losing quality about him like Jerry does.
Stephen knows nothing about football except what his father taught him. His title with the Cowboys is the most blatant act of nepotism I have seen in business in my life. This team is stuck with this family as owners forever. Funny thing is. I think Charlotte would be a better FO executive than Stephen.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Carter played LDE pretty well in pre=season, is he on our practice squad?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Stephen knows nothing about football except what his father taught him. His title with the Cowboys is the most blatant act of nepotism I have seen in business in my life. This team is stuck with this family as owners forever. Funny thing is. I think Charlotte would be a better FO executive than Stephen.
True, but I feel like the "I can't let you go" quality is more of a personal trait. That's something that Jerry clearly has, but hopefully Stephan doesn't have that trait about him. That type of personality is a loser personality.

I agree that everything he knows about football and running a team he learned from Jerry, but hopefully he's not as sensitive and doesn't allow himself to be attached to guys like Jerry seems to be.

phildadon86

Reaction score
True, but I feel like the "I can't let you go" quality is more of a personal trait. That's something that Jerry clearly has, but hopefully Stephan doesn't have that trait about him. That type of personality is a loser personality.

I agree that everything he knows about football and running a team he learned from Jerry, but hopefully he's not as sensitive and doesn't allow himself to be attached to guys like Jerry seems to be.
Yeah. Jerry has no idea what he is doing. Tyrone Crawford should have proved that, or Nick Hayden, the list continues.