Signed by Cowboys DE Ryan Davis signed; former Jacksonville Jaguar

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That was certainly a goofy thing to say. They've tried Wilber at DE for the last few seasons and he's not a DE– it's that simple.

The other thing that I found aggravating was that the entire first unit of the DL was removed at one point and replaced by 4 second stringers– I was like "what the hell?"

The Giants proceeded to run the ball down their throats during that time.
Garrett said that, along with the odd Wilcox insertion, was about keeping people fresh.

post-51461-Ace-Ventura-alrighty-then-gif-TMeR.gif

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Thought he was an obvious signing for us the day he got cut...should be a good body to rush the QB on the 2nd unit. Huge upgrade to Wilber

I just wonder why it took so long, or why another team didn't grab him already. Hope there's no off-field issues lurking under the surface.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
The interesting question isn't why the Jags cut him, but why he wasn't picked up earlier since being cut. Did no team want to guarantee his salary by having him on the roster week 1?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Quote from Jags reddit a few months ago -

Ryan Davis (DE, RFA): This is the one player that Jags fans clamor for over and over again to get more playing time, and he never does. We give Chris Clemons and Andre Branch chance after chance to prove themselves, but Ryan Davis and guys like him never get opportunities.

plymkr

Reaction score
Agreed.

The whole Kyle Wilber secret weapon thing was not exactly cutting it.
Is it truly a secret weapon when Jerry Jones announced to the media we'd use him before the season started. Good job Jerry, way to make it easy to play against us.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Was looking for them to sign him the day he was waived. Guess they didn't want to guarantee his salary. Not like we could have used a pass rusher this weekend.
They probably wanted to make sure Marinelli settled on a nickname before adding him to his stable of rushmen.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
But they kept a slug like Dax Swanson and pretty sure they owe him his whole salary now.
Article XXIII of the Collective Bargaining Agreement limits a one-time right to “termination pay" for those with 4 or more seasons (or more then 4, I can't remember). Swanson does not qualify.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Teams like to wait until after week 1 so they don't have to guarantee salaries for vets. Most teams, including us, are right up against the cap at this time of year.

Thanks, I forgot all about that!