Signed by Cowboys DE Ryan Davis signed; former Jacksonville Jaguar

Reaction score
I remember. Let's see if he can play now. It's a good signing, though. We needed the DE depth for at least the next three weeks.

I wonder if we thought we might trade Dax to some team who needed a returner? Weird that they'd keep him on the roster and then put another player at the same position on the PS. Maybe they know he's going to get claimed?

Yes. Seems weird. Maybe they wanted that extra CB on the active roster because Scandrick had not practiced much before week 1 and were not sure he could play or how much. Now that Scan made it thru the game (barely), they were willing to let Swanson go. And maybe he did not want to re sign on the PS with us, but rather, another team. So we signed Seamster. Who knows?

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Yes. Seems weird. Maybe they wanted that extra CB on the active roster because Scandrick had not practiced much before week 1 and were not sure he could play or how much. Now that Scan made it thru the game (barely), they were willing to let Swanson go. And maybe he did not want to re sign on the PS with us, but rather, another team. So we signed Seamster. Who knows?

Yes but will Seamster be here more than a semester?

Kaiser

Reaction score
This is a good move because its A) low cost, B) desperately needed and C) may actually have some upside.

Irving and Tapper are clearly injured and unable to take reps, Kyle Wilbur taking reps at DE is proof of that. If Davis can give the team 15 - 20 quality reps a game until DLaw is back and the other are healthy, its a good signing. Who knows, he may actually develop into a good backup.

jrumann59

Reaction score
You do realize that the team only has 4 CB which means....Byron will be playing two positions again and Wilcox will see the field more. Can't win for losing.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You do realize that the team only has 4 CB which means....Byron will be playing two positions again and Wilcox will see the field more. Can't win for losing.
Did Swanson play week one? Was he one of the 46 active players?

No. No he didn't and no he wasn't.

Reactions: BAT

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I remember. Let's see if he can play now. It's a good signing, though. We needed the DE depth for at least the next three weeks.

I wonder if we thought we might trade Dax to some team who needed a returner? Weird that they'd keep him on the roster and then put another player at the same position on the PS. Maybe they know he's going to get claimed?

Maybe they told Dax they would sign him to their practice squad and he said no thanks.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I hope this means on third downs that we have Mayowa and Davis at the end spots.

Irving is a good run defender at end and a decent pass rusher at tackle. Same appears to be the case with Jack Crawford, although he's shown a little more pass rush ability at end.