News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

Mr_437

Reaction score
- So long as the gun carry checks all the boxes,.. ala Permit. Registration.
- So long as Texas maintains it's current legal stance against marijuana , .there is sumthin' wrong with it.

Sam knows this. But does it anyway.

Matters like this is why he dropped drastically into the 2nd round.
and why there will always be on- egg shell-red flags watch and worry on Sam.
You can carry a gun in TX, no problem. Sam has some other stuff going on for that to be a charge, I suppose. Again there's nothing wrong with weed, and nothing you say changes that...a 1 hr drive to Oklahoma says so. I don't care about a stupid law, and you do so let's move on.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thread reminder

Do not post hearsay.

Do not provide commentary or quotes from any source that cannot be posted on CowboysZone.

StarLord

Reaction score
Ironically, not the player on the team you'd expect to hear about a gun charge from.. :facepalm:

rambo2

Reaction score
Weed is a good pain killer for football players. They should have bongs in the training room and then give them a ride home on a party buss.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I try to not be too hard on these young guys. They go from being nobody with no money to being in the spotlight with money to burn. BUT, at some point the guy needs to grow up. His charges will likely be misdemeanors and he will get community service... BUT, the incidents he has had, if taken by themselves are not a huge deal. But when taken together start to paint a picture. If I owned a team I would try(with the NFLPA approval) try to get these guys in a class.... maybe they already do, that would go over finances, laws, and how quickly someone will be after their money if they mess up.

This guy has a bright future, but not if he cant get his act together.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I was banging the table for Parsons in November when we had the 5th overall pick. Some here called me crazy.

So not sure who you are talking too.
Which has what to do with you laughing at my saying the corners wouldn't be there at 10 which turned out to be true? You can't raise an indirect cookie after being called on a direct cookie. Lol.

rambo2

Reaction score
I try to not be too hard on these young guys. They go from being nobody with no money to being in the spotlight with money to burn. BUT, at some point the guy needs to grow up. His charges will likely be misdemeanors and he will get community service... BUT, the incidents he has had, if taken by themselves are not a huge deal. But when taken together start to paint a picture. If I owned a team I would try(with the NFLPA approval) try to get these guys in a class.... maybe they already do, that would go over finances, laws, and how quickly someone will be after their money if they mess up.

This guy has a bright future, but not if he cant get his act together.
The odds on him growing up are against him.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with carrying a gun in Texas. Nothing wrong with weed. Not saying Sam was right or wrong.
I'm curious why he was pulled over.
You can carry a gun in TX, no problem. Sam has some other stuff going on for that to be a charge, I suppose. Again there's nothing wrong with weed, and nothing you say changes that...a 1 hr drive to Oklahoma says so. I don't care about a stupid law, and you do so let's move on.
I can't access the pay article. Don't see any comments here. Any word WHY he was searched and busted?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yes, stupid human beings at that. Unfortunately most of us were young and dumb at one time. These guys are paid handsomely and worshiped, consequently they must uphold a higher standard. Sam had the potential for a break out this year too.
The idea that athletes are "worshipped and held to a higher standard" is an indictment of people who do that.

Athletes are just people and subject to the same stupid stuff that everyone does.