News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm curious why he was pulled over.

I can't access the pay article. Don't see any comments here. Any word WHY he was searched and busted?
Right. I wondered the same thing...haven't heard any info about why he was pulled over.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with carrying a gun in Texas. Nothing wrong with weed. Not saying Sam was right or wrong.
Here are some examples of unlawful carrying of a weapon in Texas:

• Carrying a weapon in a prohibited place, such as a school or government building.
  • Carrying a weapon while intoxicated.
  • Carrying a weapon with the intent to commit a crime.
  • Carrying a weapon that is not properly registered.
  • Carrying a weapon that is not properly concealed.
  • Carrying a weapon that is not in good working order.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Which has what to do with you laughing at my saying the corners wouldn't be there at 10 which turned out to be true? You can't raise an indirect cookie after being called on a direct cookie. Lol.
Now im just hungry. I honestly dont even remember laughing at you about that.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How many are actually shocked by this? The dude is a loose cannon on the field; why would it be any different in real life?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
And there are different "levels" for a felony?
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the unlawful carrying of a weapon in Texas:

• The penalties for unlawful carrying of a weapon can vary depending on the circumstances. For example, carrying a weapon in a prohibited place is a Class A misdemeanor, which is punishable by up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000.
  • If you are convicted of unlawful carrying of a weapon, you may also lose your right to own or possess a firearm in the future.
  • Even if you are not convicted of unlawful carrying of a weapon, you could still be arrested and charged with the crime. This is because the mere act of carrying a weapon in a prohibited place is considered a crime, even if you did not intend to commit any other crime.

Would be a felony if he wasnt allowed to possess a firearm.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes, and humans make mistakes. But weapons charges, controlled substances, domestic violence, drunk driving, etc. These guys are potentially throwing away millions. They have worked their entire lives to get to this point and then make careless decisions. Dumb.
Thats why i said that. Money doesnt make you perfect or give you perfect judgement.
As i said before.....i bet a ton of stupidity goes unremarked. He just happened to get caught....this time.
Happens to all walks of life. Cops, doctors politicians....everyone.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Also, how was he arrested Sunday night and this is barely getting out?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Was this close to making it to the season opener without a big news story.:banghead: