de tyrone crawford

jblaze2004

Reaction score
xwalker;4534682 said:
Here is Crawford's measureables. For reference, I included the data from some 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE types that had slower agility times than the 5-tech Crawford.

interesting. his numbers are on par with aldon smith but smith has super long arms 35 inches.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Gaede;4534725 said:
:hammer:

His stats were excellent and he has tons of room to grow.

One of my fav. guys in this draft, no one was talking about him but he has all the potential and production of Chandler Jones

this is what i was thinking also.

DFWJC

Reaction score
NFL draft scout has him 54th overall projected as a solid 2nd rounder

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
DFWJC;4534771 said:
NFL draft scout has him 54th overall projected as a solid 2nd rounder
So that's 54 with them, 65 with the Cowboys scouting department, 73 or thereabouts with Mayock. So we did well.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4534467 said:
FWIW, Justin Smith for the 49ers is 280.

He also plays a lot of one-gap 3-4, while our base is two-gap.

AZBOYZFAN

Reaction score
numnuts23;4534604 said:
We heard the same on Hatcher and we are still waiting....

He was good this year till he got hurt still didnt finish with bad numbers for a 3-4 DE

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Gaede;4534403 said:
One of my pet cats. Young guy with tons of potential and production. Underrated.

I think he'll be amazing in 2 years.

The type of guy that is good as a college player, but has the potential to be a much better pro

He seems to have all the talent in the world. He is inexperienced and still has to improve his technique, but from the reports I've read when he improves in these areas he will be outstanding.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
AZBOYZFAN;4534832 said:
He was good this year till he got hurt still didnt finish with bad numbers for a 3-4 DE

Neither Hatcher nor Lissemore were bad pass rushers for the number of snaps they played.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Just got home from a dinner, and love this pick.

Someone compared him to Hatcher earlier and that's a pretty good comparison. But he's a better prospect than Hatcher coming out (and two years younger than Hatcher when he came out). Hatcher happens to currently be our best 3-4 DE. Hatcher's light came out a little too late in his career, but it's on so let's ride it. I doubt this guy takes anywhere near that long to develop and he's younger, so he should be productive for a long time for us.

Crawford is big with a body that can add weight. Very fast and very agile. Productive. If you're picking pass rushing 3-4 DE in the 3rd round, you don't get much better than this pick. I think he'll contribute and make some highlights immediately in the rotation. He's immediately our most explosive defensive lineman. In year two or three he should be the full-time guy.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;4534791 said:
So that's 54 with them, 65 with the Cowboys scouting department, 73 or thereabouts with Mayock. So we did well.
Huddle report has him as a 2nd rounder.

newlander

Reaction score
theogt;4534920 said:
Just got home from a dinner, and love this pick.

Someone compared him to Hatcher earlier and that's a pretty good comparison. But he's a better prospect than Hatcher coming out (and two years younger than Hatcher when he came out). Hatcher happens to currently be our best 3-4 DE. Hatcher's light came out a little too late in his career, but it's on so let's ride it. I doubt this guy takes anywhere near that long to develop and he's younger, so he should be productive for a long time for us.

Crawford is big with a body that can add weight. Very fast and very agile. Productive. If you're picking pass rushing 3-4 DE in the 3rd round, you don't get much better than this pick. I think he'll contribute and make some highlights immediately in the rotation. He's immediately our most explosive defensive lineman. In year two or three he should be the full-time guy.

.........NICE two days........hope to finish strong tomorrow!:starspin

speedkilz88

Reaction score
cdewsxzaq;4534539 said:
6.5 sacks against Boise St.'s opponents doesn't really scream pass rushing 3-4 DE to me... I don't expect too many sacks from a 3-4 DE any way, nobody else should either. They're basically DTs
Shea McClellin was drafted as a pass rusher in the first round and led the team with 7 sacks.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Great pick...raw player with good attitude and big upside.

Help on the dline makes me feel better about moving up to take Claiborne.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just thankful he will have the rest of the off season to work on strength and with Rob Ryan.

cdewsxzaq

Reaction score
The more I read about the guy, the more I like the pick. On the phone Garrett said that they love his work ethic and effort. If he's only been coached by JUCO and Boise coaches, I am dying to see what he can turn into with NFL coaching after a few years.

I love and hate this time of year. The draft is always exciting, but I know there's 5 months before the start of the season. Also while I don't mind going to a Rockies game or two, baseball sucks.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I knew he had a reputation for being a great athlete, but I didn't know he was running a 7.09 3 cone at 280 lbs. Man, that's impressive.

Bigdog

Reaction score
His combine numbers are very similar to Fletcher Cox:

Cox:
Height: 6-4 Wieght:295
40 yd dash: 4.79
10 yd split: 1.63
Bench: 30 reps
vertical: 26
Broad jump: 8-7
Arm length: 34 1/2

Crawford:
Height: 6-4 Weight: 280
40 yd dash: 4.81
10 yd split: 1.62
Bench: 28 reps
vertical: 33
broad jump: 9-5
Arm length: 33 3/4

Western

Reaction score
Pete Prisco-CBSSports.com.
Grade for Tyrone Crawford--B+

Prisco states "Crawford. He is a nice pick and will transition to 3-4 outside rusher in the Cowboy defense. Some scouts thought he had first-round ability. Good value."

jjktkk

Reaction score
MOZONE;4534678 said:
Do I have to make a LIST of the players who DIDNT ?
Yeah nevermind .

You still popooing the pick, even though you probably know nothing about Crawford. Smh. :rolleyes: