Dean Blandino's explanation

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
COWBOYSZONE DYK

"
Each thread page is made up of 20 posts. Currently, this thread totals TWELVE pages
but DID YOU KNOW subtracting one poster's comments would reduce the
total number of pages within this thread to EIGHT?"

COWBOYSZONE DYK
Think of what that would do for the overall good of this forum and likely the internet as a whole.

One can dream

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think of what that would do for the overall good of this forum and likely the internet as a whole.

One can dream
I don't know. It's interesting in its own way. It's like a re-clarification of the word obstinate.

I didn't think anyone could remotely outdo Rogah. I was wrong.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What is the catch process for, KJJ?

Remember, it was created by credible experts who are paid by the league.

Go ask someone who was part of implementing the RULE and provide one credible source who supports anything you and the other FANS on this board have been spewing for over 2 years. You and the others can continue living in the word of conspiracy theories and that this all about Blandino.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I just read Dean Blandino's explanation of the penalty on Butler in the Green Bay game. I believe that either he is an incompetent **** or crooked as hell. What an *** clown!!!!! That is all. Carry on.

There is no doubt that he is crooked and an ***hat.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's a question for you. What do you think the catch process is for? What purpose does it serve, in your opinion?

That's already been covered, you just want to keep this going as long as you can. Nothing will satisfy you, you're dug in on a position and aren't coming off of it. Once I'm done this thread will be done. If you want to continue, provide a credible source/link that supports at least one of your views. You may not have anything else better to do than argue this but I do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Link please.

You're the one who's going to have to provide a link to at least one credible source who supports your views. Nothing I say is going change your position, it just opens the door for you to keep this argument going. If you're bored go tabulate more passer ratings because this thread is about to die. I've invested more than enough time in this.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
It's a question for you. What do you think the catch process is for? What purpose does it serve, in your opinion?
You won't get the answer to "What is the catch process for?", because it blows up his defense. That said, he knows what the catch process is because he described it pretty clearly in post # 300 as follows:

"What upsets me isn't as much the RULE as it is about Dez who has the amazing ability to make the most incredible catch, while battling a defender and switch hands with the ball in mid air and reach for the goal line..."

He effectively described a completed pass which, in turn, removes the requirement for Dez to have to maintain control of the ball through contact with the ground. He was not in the act of catching a pass, that had already been done with the catch, feet in bounds, and the REACH for the goal line. Indisputable, my ***!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's already been covered, you just want to keep this going as long as you can. Nothing will satisfy you, you're dug in on a position and aren't coming off of it. Once I'm done this thread will be done. If you want to continue, provide a credible source/link that supports at least one of your views. You may not have anything else better to do than argue this but I do.
I'll bite. Please correct me if the phrase "Once I'm done this thread will be done" does not mean the thread will end after you stop posting within it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

10/19/2014

Wrong dates earlier my bad.

That play was very similar to the play in Green Bay but there are some slight differences. Dez was ruled down on this play. This play comes down real judgement because it's so close to being the same play as the one in Green Bay. The differences with this play were that Dez caught the ball immediately, there was no battle for the ball. He high pointed it and snatched it, catching it cleanly, then brought the ball down and tucked it against his body before reaching for the endzone. As he brought the ball down and tucked it, he was more upright than he was on the play in Green Bay. As he tucked the ball against his body he was running, then began to fall as he reached for the endzone but before the ball contacted the ground and came loose his knee was down.

I could see that play going either way and would have loved to have heard Blandino's explanation which probably would have been what I'm saying. Dez caught the ball and him tucking the ball against his body while running was considered a "football move" in the officials view. Granted it's very close but there was more than one part to what Dez did on that play against the Giants. He caught the ball immediately, was more upright, then brought the ball down and tucked it to his body while taking several steps. If that's not a "football move" nothing is. On the play in Green Bay, by the time he gained control of the ball he was falling.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'll bite. Please correct me if the phrase "Once I'm done this thread will be done" does not mean the thread will end after you stop posting within it.

It will die once I'm gone, it may be a slow death while a few continue to moan, groan and cry but it will die because there won't be anyone for FANS to argue with and take out their frustrations on.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will die once I'm gone, it may be a slow death while a few continue to moan, groan and cry but it will die because there won't be anyone for FANS to argue with and take out their frustrations on.
All threads are finite. Your absence will reduce the thread's comment volume by a third but that's it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You won't get the answer to "What is the catch process for?", because it blows up his defense. That said, he knows what the catch process is because he described it pretty clearly in post # 300 as follows:

"What upsets me isn't as much the RULE as it is about Dez who has the amazing ability to make the most incredible catch, while battling a defender and switch hands with the ball in mid air and reach for the goal line..."

He effectively described a completed pass which, in turn, removes the requirement for Dez to have to maintain control of the ball through contact with the ground. He was not in the act of catching a pass, that had already been done with the catch, feet in bounds, and the REACH for the goal line. Indisputable, my ***!

He got that answer a long time ago he just wants to continue arguing and you're making yourself look like one of his lapdogs by buying into everything he says that not one person who's credible agrees with. Provide a link to anyone credible who's criticizing Blandino and saying the call wasn't ruled correctly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All threads are finite. Your absence will reduce the thread's comment volume by a third but that's it.

I know from every thread that's been started on this topic that I've contributed to, that once I bow out they end up slowing up dramatically and dying. It takes at least one person who sees the opposite side to have an argument and to keep it going. It's mostly me and Percy keeping this going and NO ONE on this board has a passion for arguing this topic like he does.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Forum Reminder

Rule #1 - You will not publicly question the actions
of the staff or how this site is managed.

Thanks.​

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Not sure what is deemed a credible source, but Cowboys fans are far from alone in their view of the Bryant play.

“It was a catch. But the new rule and at the last minute what happened, that’s what the refs came up with. I never said he didn’t catch it. He made a helluva catch I was in great coverage. Like I said, it was good on good and he came up with the catch.” – Sam Shields, Packers CB who was in coverage on the play

“It’s tough to say that Dez didn’t have complete control of the ball before he reached out for more yards.” – Giants RB Shane Vereen

“Dez Bryant made a football play. If a football play is made after the catch has been possessed, then I don’t think the refs should take that away.” – Allen Robinson, Jaguars WR

“I by no means cheer for Dallas, but I have no idea what or how that’s not called a catch. That’s a joke.” – Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr.

“What do you think about the Dez call?! I thought it was a catch for sure. What a wild ending to a game. Can’t wait for the next one!” – Eagles QB Chase Daniel

"So you know I think some of those plays are bang bang and I think it's hard to tell, but just in regards to that rule in general, I'd say going back to its origination, last year in the playoffs, Cowboys, Dez Bryant catching the ball, lunging for the goal line and he obviously has possession of the ball, it's just a matter of whether your deeming, did he make a football move? There are lots of different football moves." – Saints QB Drew Brees

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
You're the one who's going to have to provide a link to at least one credible source who supports your views. Nothing I say is going change your position, it just opens the door for you to keep this argument going. If you're bored go tabulate more passer ratings because this thread is about to die. I've invested more than enough time in this.
You're leaving the impression that you don't know what the catch process is for.