DeAngelo Hall Released....could he become a Cowboy?

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Hall was considered one of the more vocal leaders when he was with the Atlanta Falcons. He openly criticized then head coach, Bobby Petrino, that quickly landed him in Petrino's "doghouse". Petrino was noted for also being a "players coach", much in the same manner that Wade is to the Cowboys. Bringing Hall here to Dallas would probably add another headcase to the list of many that Wade already has to deal with. And considering Phillips' lack of assertiveness and inability to confront his players when the situation calls for just that, it would only be a matter of time before Hall becomes frustrated/disgruntled with his new team - something the Cowboys desperately don't need at this time nor for the remainder of this season.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Z mann R2;2405789 said:
i bet he could be like randy moss....just needing to get out of oakland

Except there is no veteran leadership in Dallas :bang2:

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
MCowboys;2405853 said:
he can't cover anyone. he can't tackle anyone. he can't stop talking. he is so full of himself that he would still demand a big contract. why would anyone want him?

Sounds like a perfect fit.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Didnt he get like 3 penalties on one play for like 45 yards?
(yeah I am exaggerating... a little)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
MCowboys;2405853 said:
he can't cover anyone. he can't tackle anyone. he can't stop talking. he is so full of himself that he would still demand a big contract. why would anyone want him?

dbair1967;2405951 said:
I bet you need glasses or something

the guy cant cover anybody...and he's the worst tackling CB in football

dbair1967;2405952 said:
giving up completion after completion, numerous tds, missed tackles and being run over galore, on top of being a cancer tend to make teams want little to do with you

sandtrapp;2406026 said:
Sounds like a perfect fit.

sandtrapp = :hammer:

As they typed, you would of thought at one point they would have said "Oh my. Nevermind......." :rolleyes:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
He could become a cowboy, yes. Does it mean he will? i hope not

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
onfieldrush8141;2405819 said:
How is hall an idiot? Hes a solid football player and is a winner, if we can get him for cheap id be happy with it.

wow Deangelo's mom is a member here...who'd have thunk it

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I thought I read earlier where he'd already said he pretty much didn't feel like there was any shot of him coming to Dallas. He was asked, I beleive, by NFL Network cause apparently he's really good friends with Deion.

kmp77

Reaction score
How is hall an idiot? Hes a solid football player and is a winner, if we can get him for cheap id be happy with it.

Wait wait wait...almost had me there for a second! :laugh2: You're good.

Section446

Reaction score
Please, tell me what Hall has ever "won", and at what point in his career has he been "solid?"

SacredStar

Reaction score
In his eight games in Oakland, Hall was beaten 40 times for 552 yards on 66 passes thrown his way, according to data compiled by STATS LLC. He gave up more yards than any defender this season and was tied for third worst in catches allowed.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
PaulH1083;2406069 said:
Please, tell me what Hall has ever "won", and at what point in his career has he been "solid?"

Not for nothin PaulH, that Avatar bothers the hell out of me.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
SacredStar;2406073 said:
In his eight games in Oakland, Hall was beaten 40 times for 552 yards on 66 passes thrown his way, according to data compiled by STATS LLC. He gave up more yards than any defender this season and was tied for third worst in catches allowed.

the drums = Hall
the drummer= wide receivers (esp Royal)

[youtube]1wEiFIaRn2I[/youtube]

Section446

Reaction score
SacredStar;2406113 said:
He had 17 interceptions in his four seasons in Atlanta, making the Pro Bowl in 2005 and 2006. He had three interceptions this year, but frequently got beaten on big plays.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c44887&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
He also frequently got destroyed by elite level WR's when he was regarded as being one of the best CB's in the NFL. He's a combine warrior who ran a fast forty and got everyone talking.

Section446

Reaction score
sandtrapp;2406101 said:
Not for nothin PaulH, that Avatar bothers the hell out of me.
Because I happen to go to a college who's mascot is an Eagle?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
No, no and um...no. He's very overrated imo. If he was solid before going to oakland ok...but no.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
could it be that he was used in the wrong system

you know how the raiders are as far as winning and coaching

im not saying hall is randy moss, but moss didnt light it up in oakland either, and look what he did his first year in new england