DeAngelo Hall

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
zrinkill;1674368 said:
So our 3rd and 4th corners are more talented than Hall?

no, but they dont make an outrageous salary and kill the team either

David

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theebs;1674413 said:
I find it funny that everyone is calling this guy a turd etc.....

I happen to agree, he is immature and I belive he has been enabled by the people there in atlanta and former players like Deion Sanders.

It is funny to me how the same people in this thread calling him a turd and so forth root for owens. Hall has now done exactly what owens has done. I am sure at some point he will reach the boiling point and will attack his coaches or fellow teammates in the media.

Its funny how Hall gets personal penalties that hurt his team, parks in handicap spots, parks in coaches spots and yells at his coaches and points fingers at them and he is a loser, but Terrell Owens did the exact same thing and everyone here love him and he can do no wrong......Pretty weak IMO.

Owens purposely parked in handicap and coaches spots while in philly and no one remembers that but there was a whole thread of people piling on hall for that the other day.

oh and me, I dont like either of them. I will say this though. At some point hall will grow up, not sure when that will be but if he ever realizes he is just an average corner with very good skills and he is not a tough guy gangster someone will have themselves a very good corner. Who knows when that will be.

I call them like I see them. He is a turd. I don't agree with Owens actions and I don't agree with Hall's actions. There is one HUGE difference between Owens and Hall. Owens actually backs up his mouth on the field. Hall does not, he is an f'in choker. He choked against Owens after talking all that noise, he choked against Ocho Cinco after shaving "I own 85" in his head.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
dbair1967;1674434 said:
no, but they dont make an outrageous salary and kill the team either

No way I would pay him big money ..... I never even suggested that.

But I also do not think he would kill this team ...... he would just get his arse kicked again :D

Probably by Columbo or Davis.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
nyc;1674439 said:
I call them like I see them. He is a turd. I don't agree with Owens actions and I don't agree with Hall's actions. There is one HUGE difference between Owens and Hall. Owens actually backs up his mouth on the field. Hall does not, he is an f'in choker. He choked against Owens after talking all that noise, he choked against Ocho Cinco after shaving "I own 85" in his head.

if you read my thread you will see I want nothing to do with the guy either. He plays man on an island on a team that struggles to do anything above average defensively. It makes sense he gets beat routinely, there is no corner in the history of the nfl that can walk outside by himself with no help and stop the wr opposite him when he has inferior talent on the front 7. They are not bad just not difference makers.

Again I cant stand the guy, for the same reason I dont like owens. Its comical that its okay to put up with owens because he is GOOD, but not Hall because he is BAD.

I am pretty sure if you put hall in pittsburgh, baltimore, new england or san fransisco he would be a pretty tough to beat corner...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theebs;1674449 said:
Again I cant stand the guy, for the same reason I dont like owens. Its comical that its okay to put up with owens because he is GOOD, but not Hall because he is BAD.
See, it's not completely like that. I hated Deion Sanders and didn't like him coming to Dallas. Once he was here, as a Cowboys fan I rooted for him to make big plays and he did. I was on the fence about Owens too. I knew if he came here he would make big plays too, I was just worried about his attitude. I was willing to take the chance, because it was clear he knew he screwed up big time in Philly. I also knew it wouldn't make him a chore boy, but I figured he would calm down and he did. Now, he damn near is a chore boy (or at least it appears that way). He is making plays and keeping his mouth shut. When he does open his mouth, nothing but team player is coming out. You can't beat that.

Hall has never been a team player, he was and is a ME player. You are right, if he had more pressure up front, he would perform better. Problem is, he doesn't have that yet he still opens his stupid mouth. He is getting what he deserves and I'm laughing at him.

Kilyin

Reaction score
theebs;1674413 said:
Its funny how Hall gets personal penalties that hurt his team, parks in handicap spots, parks in coaches spots and yells at his coaches and points fingers at them and he is a loser, but Terrell Owens did the exact same thing and everyone here love him and he can do no wrong......Pretty weak IMO.

Owens purposely parked in handicap and coaches spots while in philly and no one remembers that but there was a whole thread of people piling on hall for that the other day.

That's called unsubstantiated propaganda. Do you believe everything you read? Show me a reliable source citing that information about Owens.. you can't. Owens has never done anything like what Hall did. Owens has never had to be restrained like that, or racked up 67 yards worth of penalties on one drive.

To quote Rod Woodson, Hall is a fundamentally flawed corner that takes bad angles more times than not, and gives up way too many big plays (that isn't verbatim but you get the idea). The guy just isn't that good.

Owens on the other hand, is one of the best in the league. There's really no comparison whatsoever between the two.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Kilyin;1674495 said:
That's called unsubstantiated propaganda. Do you believe everything you read? Show me a reliable source citing that information about Owens.. you can't. Owens has never done anything like what Hall did. Owens has never had to be restrained like that, or racked up 67 yards worth of penalties on one drive.

To quote Rod Woodson, Hall is a fundamentally flawed corner that takes bad angles more times than not, and gives up way too many big plays. The guy just isn't that good.

Owens on the other hand, is one of the best in the league. There's really no comparison whatsoever between the two.

so your saying Owens didnt yell at coaches and didnt park in handicap and coaches spots in philly on purpose? He didnt get up and yell during an offensive meeting at brad childress.

Might want to check your history. Its all detailed in reids letter to owens. If you dont believe he did those things, that is your issue. Me I know it as true and can not decipher between owens or halls antics they are both sorry and pathetic.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;1674496 said:
so your saying Owens didnt yell at coaches and didnt park in handicap and coaches spots in philly on purpose? He didnt get up and yell during an offensive meeting at brad childress.

Might want to check your history. Its all detailed in reids letter to owens. If you dont believe he did those things, that is your issue. Me I know it as true and can not decipher between owens or halls antics they are both sorry and pathetic.

and again, Owens is one of the elite players in the league at his position...Charles Haley p!ssed on a vehicle in the SF parking lot one time too remember?

Deangelo Hall is not an elite player...you can say he is a probowler, but his play on the field does not equate to elite player...

as for Owens, I'm not sure how much I believe on what went on in Philly...it was popular for the media and some fans to pile on him because of the media's obsession with McFlabb and him being so "good", and now two yrs later we are finding out that McScrub isnt exactly the consumate teammate either...we're also seeing evidence of why some Philly players "sided" with TO at that time

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
nyc;1674478 said:
You are right, if he had more pressure up front, he would perform better. Problem is, he doesn't have that yet he still opens his stupid mouth. He is getting what he deserves and I'm laughing at him.[/QUOTE

actually no, he wouldnt...lack of pressure has nothing to do with the vast majority of times he's beat...and it had nothing to do with being outran by a slow WR with one shoe off

he just isnt that good

David

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dbair1967;1674506 said:
and again, Owens is one of the elite players in the league at his position...Charles Haley p!ssed on a vehicle in the SF parking lot one time too remember?

Deangelo Hall is not an elite player...you can say he is a probowler, but his play on the field does not equate to elite player...

as for Owens, I'm not sure how much I believe on what went on in Philly...it was popular for the media and some fans to pile on him because of the media's obsession with McFlabb and him being so "good", and now two yrs later we are finding out that McScrub isnt exactly the consumate teammate either...we're also seeing evidence of why some Philly players "sided" with TO at that time

David

whatever you need to tell yourself is fine with me. This I dont believe what the eagles and the philly media said is pretty funny to me though. Owens was a complete jerk and it was intentional in philly.

Kilyin

Reaction score
theebs;1674496 said:

How would you or I know where Owens parked in Philly? Unless one of us was at the Eagles facility watching him. I wasn't, were you? Secondly, why do I really care? If he got up and yelled at Childress, so what? Okay, maybe it wasn't a good idea (if it really happened) but it was behind closed doors, not on national television during a game.

And as far as Fat Andy's letters, I don't have access to them. But I can tell you this, he was looking to get Owens out of there and cover his and McFlabb's posteriors.. so of course he's going to gather as much dirt as he can. As to the authenticity of said dirt, I have my doubts. Both of Reid's kids are turning into career criminals, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

zeromaster

Reaction score
AtlCB;1674178 said:
All of the talk on Atlanta sports radio is that the Falcons should trade DeAngelo Hall now for his disrespect of the team, the previous coaching staff, the current coaching staff, and for losing his cool during the game with the Panthers.

If the Falcons trade Hall, should the Cowboys make an offer? What would you be willing to give up for DeAngelo Hall? One of the hosts suggested Hall for RW. I'd personally fly up to Dallas to set Jerry straight if he considered that trade. I would be willing to give up our second round pick (which will probably be a very low one) for the chance to turn around DeAngelo Hall. Could you imagine a defense backfield of Newman, Williams, Hall, and Hamlin? :eek:
Are you eduncan22's alter ego? :D

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Kilyin;1674518 said:
How would you or I know where Owens parked in Philly? Unless one of us was at the Eagles facility watching him. I wasn't, were you? Secondly, why do I really care? If he got up and yelled at Childress, so what? Okay, maybe it wasn't a good idea (if it really happened) but it was behind closed doors, not on national television during a game.

And as far as Fat Andy's letters, I don't have access to them. But I can tell you this, he was looking to get Owens out of there and cover his and McFlabb's posteriors.. so of course he's going to gather as much dirt as he can. As to the authenticity of said dirt, I have my doubts. Both of Reid's kids are turning into career criminals, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Its well documented, reids letter can be read in its entirety in the mark maske book about the 2006 nfc east "war without death". I just read it a couple of days ago.

Look I am not going to discuss owens anymore, I dont like him and I dont like hall.

thats the end of it for me. This is a can of worms I dont want to be a part of. Hall and owens in my eyes have done equally bad things and are egomaniacs of the same ilk. I would not want hall on my team currently at all. I will leave it at that.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Oh, Owens is an idiot, too. No doubt about it. If we went on a losing streak, we'd see that side of him resurface, I'm sure.

But I will say that Owens seems more like an emotional, immature child than an outright bad guy. Hall seems... I dunno, almost even more selfish, like he's been concerned with his marketing himself more than his team from the very beginning. I guess T.O. is, too, but somehow Hall seems a little more malicious to me. At least T.O. came from nowhere and had to establish himself as a player. Hall acted like he was entitled from the second he entered the league. The stuff with holding up signs about "Put me in the Pro Bowl" and the "I own 85" makes me sick.

Kilyin

Reaction score
theebs;1674526 said:
I would not want hall on my team currently at all. I will leave it at that.

Well that much we can agree on. Owens has alot of talent to go with his idiosyncrasies, and Hall doesn't.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;1674515 said:
whatever you need to tell yourself is fine with me. This I dont believe what the eagles and the philly media said is pretty funny to me though. Owens was a complete jerk and it was intentional in philly.

I'm not saying he did nothing wrong, I am saying now after seeing him here and seeing what has happened with Philly and McPunk, that I believe some of it might have been overblown and that TO made a convenient target because of the media darling at QB...nobody wanted to believe for a sec that he might be part of the problem, and now we see he clearly is/was

David

superpunk

Reaction score
Did anyone hear what Smith said Hall was saying to him?

Here's what Smith said after the game

"The things he was talking about are minute, about `I've been in as many Pro Bowls as you. I make more money.' Just real immature stuff," Smith said. "This isn't why I play this game. It ain't about how much money I make. I play this game for heart. I play the game to try to be an example for my kids.

Still - he shut Smith down, people. Maybe that's Zimmer's positive influence, but Hall was lights out on Sunday, and there are very few corners that can say that.

If you can get a 23 year old DeAngelo Hall - absolutely you do that. It would be foolish not to.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
superpunk;1674570 said:
Did anyone hear what Smith said Hall was saying to him?

Here's what Smith said after the game

Still - he shut Smith down, people. Maybe that's Zimmer's positive influence, but Hall was lights out on Sunday, and there are very few corners that can say that.

If you can get a 23 year old DeAngelo Hall - absolutely you do that. It would be foolish not to.

Agree. Hall is a bone head for sure, but if you could get him without giving up much for him you would be stupid not to do it. Now, I wouldn't give up a lot for him. But despite the opinion of some on the board, you would see teams line up for Hall.

burmafrd

Reaction score
One game that he actually performed well- vs HOW MANY where he was TOAST? A blind squirrel can find an acorn now and then. Woodson and others have flat out said he is not a good CB. I have watched him in at least 7-8 games and have never seen him play as well as Reeves has in the first 3, frankly.