DeAngelo Hall

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I'd take Hall in a heartbeat (at the right price). He'd see the field as a corner less than Nate Jones but he has an explosiveness as a punt returner that Dallas is lacking.

Kilyin

Reaction score
superpunk;1674570 said:
Still - he shut Smith down, people. Maybe that's Zimmer's positive influence, but Hall was lights out on Sunday, and there are very few corners that can say that.

If you can get a 23 year old DeAngelo Hall - absolutely you do that. It would be foolish not to.

He didn't shut anything down man, did you watch the game? Carolina ran on them all day with much success. They didn't really have to pass. There were 22 total pass attempts for the entire game between Delhomme and Carr.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk;1674570 said:
Did anyone hear what Smith said Hall was saying to him?

Here's what Smith said after the game

Still - he shut Smith down, people. Maybe that's Zimmer's positive influence, but Hall was lights out on Sunday, and there are very few corners that can say that.

If you can get a 23 year old DeAngelo Hall - absolutely you do that. It would be foolish not to.

Agreed. You do it in a heartbeat.

Problem is, too many people here are still upset that Hall supposedly "robbed" Newman of a Pro Bowl or two.

superpunk

Reaction score
Kilyin;1674630 said:
He didn't shut anything down man, did you watch the game? Carolina ran on them all day with much success. They didn't really have to pass. There were 22 total pass attempts for the entire game between Delhomme and Carr.

They had 13 completions, and only one went to Smith. Individually, I'd say Hall won the matchup, even though they didn't have to pass. Far more than a team like StL, who allowed 18 completions - 7 of which went to Smith. They didn't have to pass - but when they did, Smith wasn't the one getting the ball.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
I would pass on this guy as well. I think both of our starting corners are better than him anyway.

Kilyin

Reaction score
superpunk;1674640 said:
They had 13 completions, and only one went to Smith. Individually, I'd say Hall won the matchup, even though they didn't have to pass. Far more than a team like StL, who allowed 18 completions - 7 of which went to Smith. They didn't have to pass - but when they did, Smith wasn't the one getting the ball.

And that couldn't possibly be because other receivers were open?

Carolina won the game, Hall went spastic.

This has nothing to do with Newman, Hall just isn't that good.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hall's character doesn't bother me..

It is his 'skills'... The guy is absolutely over-rated... Never...

joseephuss

Reaction score
superpunk;1674640 said:

I agree. The Falcons slowed down Steve Smith. Mike Zimmer has had very good success in doing that with Dallas. I didn't watch the game so I don't know if Hall was on Smith one-on-one in every single match up or had help. I know Hall got burned once and had to interfere with Smith, which cost the Falcons 37 yards.

Hall is pretty good. He is also over rated. You can be both.

Smith in 4 regular season games against Dallas:

4 receptions
31 yards
7.75 avg
0 TDs

4 receptions
73 yards
18.25 avg
0 TDs

1 reception
18 yards
0 TDs
Kicked out of game when he got frustrated

6 receptions
55 yards
9.17 avg
0 TDs
He got 1 TD on a reverse

One playoff game in 2003:
5 receptions
135 yards
27.0 avg
1 TD
He got 69 yards on his 1st catch when Newman failed to sit on the short route as he should have since Dallas was blitzing and Roy was providing deep help. Newman then missed the tackle. Good defensive play call, but poor execution by Newman.

People tend to bash on Zimmer, but he knows how to slow down Steve Smith for some reason.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Vintage;1674638 said:
Agreed. You do it in a heartbeat.

Problem is, too many people here are still upset that Hall supposedly "robbed" Newman of a Pro Bowl or two.

there's no reason to get him...where would he play at? he isnt starting ahead of Newman or Henry here, and you dont pay a guy that kind of money to be a nickel DB

he is not an elite player...he is an overhyped one thats runs fast...he is a bad man to man cover guy and he is an awful tackler

David

aikemirv

Reaction score
Everybody is overated before they get to Dallas and then they are underated while they are here....yada,yada.

Certain palyers are turds outside of Dallas but are "misunderstood" in Dallas!:laugh2:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
do you realize the reacton this clown would get if he were here and giving up the TON of plays he's given up there the past two yrs?

come on folks...use your knocker

David

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
AtlCB;1674178 said:
All of the talk on Atlanta sports radio is that the Falcons should trade DeAngelo Hall now for his disrespect of the team, the previous coaching staff, the current coaching staff, and for losing his cool during the game with the Panthers.

If the Falcons trade Hall, should the Cowboys make an offer? What would you be willing to give up for DeAngelo Hall? One of the hosts suggested Hall for RW. I'd personally fly up to Dallas to set Jerry straight if he considered that trade. I would be willing to give up our second round pick (which will probably be a very low one) for the chance to turn around DeAngelo Hall. Could you imagine a defense backfield of Newman, Williams, Hall, and Hamlin? :eek:

No I sure can't...

Roy has 2 picks already this season...

The only crap play I've really noticed on RW was the non-tackle on the TE from Chi, which gave up about 25 more yards...

Consequently, since Dallas gives up fewer points each game, I'm not worried about RW's performance as a one.

The performances count as a unit.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
theebs;1674496 said:
so your saying Owens didnt yell at coaches and didnt park in handicap and coaches spots in philly on purpose? He didnt get up and yell during an offensive meeting at brad childress.

Might want to check your history. Its all detailed in reids letter to owens. If you dont believe he did those things, that is your issue. Me I know it as true and can not decipher between owens or halls antics they are both sorry and pathetic.

Who really cares what Owens did in SF or Philly......This is Dallas!!!

What I want is for 81 to catch TD after TD after TD and take us back to the SuperBowl. I could care less what Andy Reid wrote in his memoirs about TO.

This is about winning........why in the world do you think we signed Tank, because of his great personality or insightful knowledge of firearms?

Haley pissed on other players cars in SF and won us 3 SBs, so what is your point exactly?;)

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
dbair1967;1674710 said:
there's no reason to get him...where would he play at? he isnt starting ahead of Newman or Henry here, and you dont pay a guy that kind of money to be a nickel DB

he is not an elite player...he is an overhyped one thats runs fast...he is a bad man to man cover guy and he is an awful tackler

David
I agree. He is going to want to start but he isn't going to start over TNew and Henry, his ego won't allow him to be a nickel back, which will cause friction. Not worth it, imo.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1674180 said:
I am sorry, but Hall is one of the most overrated players in the league. TO made him his b&^&h last year:laugh2:

I would give a 3rd, nothing higher.

:hammer:

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
MC KAos;1674191 said:
i wouldnt give a seventh rounder up for that guy, id rather have crayton(a 7th rounder) on this team than him

huh???

they dont even play the same position.

yes, someone would be completely out of their mind not to give up a 7th rounder for him. Not worth a first or a second, but MAYYYBBBE a 3rd.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
sbark;1674183 said:
I wanted TO and wanted Tank.........

but for some reason, my instincts tell me the Boys' should stay along, long long way away from d.Hall...............just something there

is not really all that great of a CB...............

Agreed.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
why bother? we already know D. Hall will be signed by the Skins' sooner or later.

Reaction score
AtlCB;1674178 said:
All of the talk on Atlanta sports radio is that the Falcons should trade DeAngelo Hall now for his disrespect of the team, the previous coaching staff, the current coaching staff, and for losing his cool during the game with the Panthers.

If the Falcons trade Hall, should the Cowboys make an offer? What would you be willing to give up for DeAngelo Hall? One of the hosts suggested Hall for RW. I'd personally fly up to Dallas to set Jerry straight if he considered that trade. I would be willing to give up our second round pick (which will probably be a very low one) for the chance to turn around DeAngelo Hall. Could you imagine a defense backfield of Newman, Williams, Hall, and Hamlin? :eek:

Naa I'll pass on him, he would be TEXAS TOAST and not the kind you have with a meal!!!!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You people that actually think Hall is good or "elite" need to stop watching sportscenter.