Twitter: Debunking Dak myths

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry thought it. It was wrong. You were wrong. It's cool.
Like I said last night. Believe what you will. I don’t see where it’s been winning scheme like dominating on the ground.

When we start winning these games against better teams when Dak lights it up without a running game then I’ll give notice.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I do find it odd that Diehard rails against Jerry and his overall incompetence, regularly. Yet wants to use Jerry’s comments as evidence, when it suits his needs.
If he had ANYTHING else to use, he would. He's having to grasp hard at anything he can not to say the simple phrase "Hey I made it up, I was wrong".

Polkton31

Reaction score
Jerry admitted it. It’s been widely discussed.

Stop Elliott and make Dak beat you thru the air is a proven method to beat us. Last time I checked we are 2-10 when Elliott is held to 75 yards or less .

And it’s not just about Dak. It about masking our weaknesses on defenses by leaving them off the field. When we control total TOP rushing the ball we are a more dominate team.

Couldn't the same thing be said about other teams as well? I would be interested in how many teams win games when they lose the TOP battle and have their rushing game go under 75 yards.

black label

Reaction score
The article could easily be retitled: “Dak and the Strawman” and not have to change a word. It could also double as a random page in the NYT bestseller, “The Autobiography of America’s Clownboy”.
1418013453715.gif

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Aww now pressure doesn't exist and can't be measured.

THROW IN THE DAMN TOWEL!!!! DON'T MAKE YOURSELF LOOK ANY WORSE THAN YOU ALREADY DO!!! :facepalm:
Oh no, you're right... pressure is a completely objective stat. That's why Football Outsiders, PFF, Next Gen stats, etc. all have the exact same pressure statistics.

Oh wait, they don't... it's you embarrassing yourself again. Hope you kept that towel to wipe the drool off of your face.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Like I said last night. Believe what you will. I don’t see where it’s been winning scheme like dominating on the ground.

When we start winning these games against better teams when Dak lights it up without a running game then I’ll give notice.
Has nothing to do with the subject. You said teams were focused on Zeke, they don't.

You were wrong.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Oh no, you're right... pressure is a completely objective stat. That's why Football Outsiders, PFF, Next Gen stats, etc. all have the exact same pressure statistics.

Oh wait, they don't... it's you embarrassing yourself again. Hope you kept that towel to wipe the drool off of your face.

And all three of those sources would tell you he didn't have a clean pocket all night like you claimed.

THROW THE DAMN TOWEL YOU FOOL!!!!!! :oops:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I do find it odd that Diehard rails against Jerry and his overall incompetence, regularly. Yet wants to use Jerry’s comments as evidence, when it suits his needs.
Jerry isn’t the only one . Its been discussed by many. It’s why the stat continues to be used with 2-10 record when Elliott is held to under 75 yards.

Losing the TOP battle leaves our defense more vulnerable. That’s not Daks fault. Much like for years it wasn’t Romo’s fault. But we saw him more effective when he was with a strong running game.

And to boot the pressure it took off the defense. That’s what I’d call contributing factors. Much like the results of the game matters If you guys don’t see that then we will just have to differ. To me it’s as plain as day.

I see an argument or narrative which is basically attempting to prop Dak up. That’s fine. There’s plenty of stats to have that narrative. Until the team results start coming in I’m going to be suspect its a winning model for us.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Couldn't the same thing be said about other teams as well? I would be interested in how many teams win games when they lose the TOP battle and have their rushing game go under 75 yards.
He doesn't understand cause and effect somehow.

We are 5-3 when Zeke plays less than 50% of snaps in that same time frame. Which means they contained Zeke. He just cant think that critically

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
And all three of those sources would tell you he didn't have a clean pocket all night like you claimed.

THROW THE DAMN TOWEL YOU FOOL!!!!!! :oops:
I mean, like who cares? It's no less valid if they say it, you say it, or I say it. It's one person's take on the game.

You're really going round and round on this.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is a FANTASTIC article that lays out facts regarding Dak. You'll want to read this one.

- Zeke draws loaded boxes
- Needs PA to succeed
- Supporting cast props him up
- Look at that W-L record
- He throws too many INTs

You forgot the following...

Handle's pressure badly.
Cannot lead the WR or TE.
Can't beat top defenses.
Has issues reading defenses...(remember that int vs. the G-men)
Buries his teammates when things aren't going his way ....aka Dez facemask comment.
Has major ACCURACY issues.
PR junkie will use anything to prop up his image to make up for his inadequacies.
Poor ball handling (He has gotten better here)
Red-Zone issues

Hence he is still unsigned to a Franchise mega deal. ;)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There was one thing that bothered me in the article, which was his take on interceptions. He was saying that most of the interceptions didn't matter because only one was directly related to a loss. That doesn't mean they didn't happen. Now, I don't think he should get the blame for all the interceptions, but the ones that were his fault should count against him, regardless of their effect on the score.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was so exhausting explaining to the less fortunate that that was never the case.
I heard the ranking on the radio but I can’t seem to find a article on it but they said Zeke ranked 20th in regards to seeing stacked boxes. That’s a much different story then the naysayers will tell.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t follow and read about other teams as closely . You’re welcome to present that evidence.

Polkton31

Reaction score
- Zeke draws loaded boxes
- Needs PA to succeed
- Supporting cast props him up
- Look at that W-L record
- He throws too many INTs

You forgot the following...

Handle's pressure badly.
Cannot lead the WR or TE.
Can't beat top defenses.
Has issues reading defenses...(remember that int vs. the G-men)
Buries his teammates when things aren't going his way ....aka Dez facemask comment.
Has major ACCURACY issues.
PR junkie will use anything to prop up his image to make up for his inadequacies.
Poor ball handling (He has gotten better here)
Red-Zone issues

Hence he is still unsigned to a Franchise mega deal
. ;)

3ge7df.jpg