Deep Passes Dak and Mahomes

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak has a very nice to great first half and threw for about 40 yards and a fumble and a bad overthrow in the second half and somehow that is nothing to be concerned about....

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You Dak lovers are out of control

He will be a Hall of Famer on these boards soon...

No way am I saying that. But he's nowhere near as bad as a lot of fans are making him out to be.

As a "Dak lover" I admit he's still very poor at feeling the rush and he needs to see the field better and quicker. But he's coming along as a passer and the numbers are bearing it out.

If Cowboys Zone existed a lot of fans would have wanted Troy Aikman gone in 1990. Guaranteed.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I saw Mahomes over-throw a wide open receiver by 5 yards.

The receiver (TE) was on the right sideline similar to the Gallup play but the KC TE was even more open.

QBs do miss deep passes...
of course they do....every Q, even the GOAT Tom Brady misses but they make good plays more often and more consistently than their misses. Dak made one good long pass play and one bad against Saints and that was probably his first long pass made in a few games...... but when you make so few attempts, everyone is going to stand out Mahomes had more long passes made in the game against the Rams, than Dak did this whole season probably.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The OP goes on about his great analytical skills with the all-22 film.

Biggest hack on this forum.

What an embarrassing thread trying to put Dak’s name in the same sentence with Mahomes, who is looking to be the most exciting gunslinger since Favre.
But we shouldn't expect that much from Dak. It's only his third year!....................What's that? Mahommes is what???

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It seems Dak has to be perfect on every throw or he's a bum. That's how some fans are wired.

He completes 24 of 28 the other night and there's 20 page threads here on the four passes he missed.

That's like dating the prettiest Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader and dumping her if you find a small pimple on her chin.
and no rhythm, and kankles.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
of course they do....every Q, even the GOAT Tom Brady misses but they make good plays more often and more consistently than their misses. Dak made one good long pass play and one bad against Saints and that was probably his first long pass made in a few games...... but when you make so few attempts, everyone is going to stand out Mahomes had more long passes made in the game against the Rams, than Dak did this whole season probably.

You're also discussing two very different offensive systems. Dak has more deep pass attempts than you think, but most are post-Amari Cooper and of course they are nowhere near the number the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints have.

My argument is you can win with Dak and the Cowboys are.

Not all QB's are the same and it's a waste of time to compare Prescott to Mahomes or Brady or whoever. It's like trying to draw comparisons between Drew Brees and Cam Newton. Apples and oranges.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
But we shouldn't expect that much from Dak. It's only his third year!....................What's that? Mahommes is what???

Heck. Mahomes even has some shoddy mechanics and is still doing what he’s doing.

Fans will be a little more forgiving, and should be, that he has some overthrows when he’s throwing 40+ TDs in a season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're also discussing two very different offensive systems. Dak has more deep pass attempts than you think, but most are post-Amari Cooper and of course they are nowhere near the number the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints have.

Not all QB's are the same and it's a waste of time to compare Prescott to Mahomes or Brady or whoever. It's like trying to draw comparisons between Drew Brees and Cam Newton. Apples and oranges.
The problem is that some people won't give Dak credit for the good things he does, and some people won't admit he needs improvement.

If anyone criticizes or even points out his shortcomings, the Dakomaniacs get pissed off and use flawed stats to show that he's a top 5 QB.

It's possible to want him to succeed, and still see that he may not. It's possible to hope he becomes better than average, but realistically feel it's unlikely.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

oh, I don't dismiss that we can win with Dak. he won't cost you many games and when he does his part and allows the rest of the team and the plan to work itself out, we win more than we lose. although everyone is giddy about this past game, I am quite concerned that we only score 13 points, against a pass defense ranked 30th in the league and a middle of the pack defense........13 isn't going to get it done often.....

prior to Cooper we scored 20 its/game....not 21.4.....needle is got to move more than 1.5 pts per game.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Plus look at the Rams this week and their measly 30 points on the Lions. Don't forget that.

You missed the point I was making. Think of this as a Wonderlich test and you scored four points less than Darren Hambrick.

"Who do first half mean?" said Risen Star.

star-ving

Reaction score
Mahomes has a 1st round arm

Dak has a 4th round arm

I like everything else about him but he can't hit the side of a barn...Reminds me of a QB from my Gators.

And please don't say "butbutbut if he only had Andyyyy Reiiiiiid"!!!

Mobinvans

Reaction score
The OP goes on about his great analytical skills with the all-22 film.

Biggest hack on this forum.

What an embarrassing thread trying to put Dak’s name in the same sentence with Mahomes, who is looking to be the most exciting gunslinger since Favre.
Ridiculous isnt it

mardwin

Reaction score

The receiver (TE) was on the right sideline similar to the Gallup play but the KC TE was even more open.

One of these two has already passed for 40 TDs in less than one season. One is a franchise QB and a game changer the other is the Dallas Cowboys QB.

rags747

Reaction score

Right, let's compare their stats for the year. One is a 3 yr starter and the other is a rookie starter. I know which one I'm going with.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Actually missed two in a row. He sucks, cut him. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right, let's compare their stats for the year. One is a 3 yr starter and the other is a rookie starter. I know which one I'm going with.

Another clown that doesn't know football. Mahones is in his 2nd year. Put Dak in this offense and he throws for 3 TD's a game.