Deep Passes Dak and Mahomes

Alweezy

Reaction score
A Pat Mahomes overthrow doesn't seem to have this much weight because as long as Tyreek Hill is employed on the Chiefs roster, that Go Route is going to be there all night on a one on one.

We don't have that type of game changing speed on the outside, and we don't throw deep routes as a philosophy, so you better believe, if the shot is going to be called, we need to make it count. We might have set this play up all night, or all week just for that one moment, the defense does what we want them to do, and the QB is missing the throw. When Mahomes misses a throw, you're like oh well he's gonna get another shot at some point because they have to respect all of the weapons on the field, and they keep dialing up the deep ball.

rags747

Reaction score
Another clown that doesn't know football. Mahones is in his 2nd year. Put Dak in this offense and he throws for 3 TD's a game.
Oh Brilliant one read much? Rookie starter is what I said.

Undefeated

Reaction score
And here comes the overreactions. I doubt the OP is trying to compare Dak and Mahomes overall as a QB. I think he's mostly saying that Dak faced too much criticism for that one throw. No Dak doesn't take as many shots as Mahomes, but according to PFF he had the 4th best adjusted completion percentage on deep passes last year, but rarely threw it deep. But I'm also not sure how PFF does their grading. Alex Smith for the chiefs was #1.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And here comes the overreactions. I doubt the OP is trying to compare Dak and Mahomes overall as a QB. I think he's mostly saying that Dak faced too much criticism for that one throw. No Dak doesn't take as many shots as Mahomes, but according to PFF he had the 4th best adjusted completion percentage on deep passes last year, but rarely threw it deep. But I'm also not sure how PFF does their grading. Alex Smith for the chiefs was #1.

Yes, thanks for thinking about what I posted. It appears that most people didn't think before posting.

I'm referring to 1 (one) pass.

Obviously it would be pointless for me to post that some scrub QB missed a throw.

By definition I'm going to compare to a QB with better stats and a higher fan/media rating.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I saw Mahomes over-throw a wide open receiver by 5 yards.

The receiver (TE) was on the right sideline similar to the Gallup play but the KC TE was even more open.

QBs do miss deep passes...
This is a troll comment. Sorry, but it is clear it is. Anyone will miss a pass, why did you even create this thread?

Mahomes 264 completions, 67.5% completion, 3628 yards, 9.28 yards/attempt, 37 pass TDs, 17 (int/fumbles combined)

Prescott 243 completions, 66.8% completion, 2675 yards, 7.35 yards/attempt, 14 pass TDs, 16 (int/fumbles combined)

You're going to compare Mahomes to Dak because Mahomes missed a pass, but he misses passes by actually throwing the ball instead of settling for checkdowns. Settles for checkdowns and still takes more sacks, fumbles, and a lower completion percentage.