CFZ Defeating San Fran Will Ultimately Come Down to Scheme, Not Talent

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
the health of both teams could be a huge factor as there are games yet to play. Aside from that, yep, scheme is very important.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
When talent is equal (and I don't think it is in this case), the tiebreaker is coaching.

The Niners run circles around us in the coaching department.

bigE79

Reaction score
If we want to beat the 9ers, it's going to have to come down to scheme—not talent.

I'm not saying we don't have the talent to beat the 9ers, because I think they're beatable, and we definitely have the talent to get it done. But I think it will come down to scheme. In our first game against San Fran, we were still running the old, vanilla playbook, running Pollard up the middle, and calling pass plays straight from Kellen Moore's playbook.

The one TD we scored, came from motioning Turpin and allowing him to get downfield.

After that game, I came to the conclusion that McCarthy was lost, and in over his head. In fact, I think that actually was the case at that point in time. Then, we were told McCarthy stayed late at the office and had the assistant coaches stay as well, so they could figure out how to fix the offense.

Since that loss, everything has gotten better for the offense, including our red zone efficiency. And Dak is playing at a consistently high level. He even played well in the loss to Sillydelphia. We should have won that game.

Anyway, for us to win beat San Fran, it'll have to come down to creativity and scheme, especially on offense. I'm hoping our first outing against San Fran was a fluke and that our coaches were holding back and not showing their cards to San Fran.

I've been saying it since last year, motion, motion, motion. We have the personnel to move our players around pre-snap in order to confuse the defense, or make them hesitate about their assignment. San Fran's defense matches up well against the Cowboys offense. We're not likely to beat them with our old philosophy where they know what we're running and just have to stop it.

We need to keep them guessing and not allow them to get into a rhythm. The same ole plays, beginning the game by running our back into the A and B gaps likely will not work. We need to stay creative, run counters, reverses, WRs out of the backfield, roll Dak out, toss it, pitch it, and most importantly motion, motion, motion. If we can do that, we have as good of a chance as anyone to beat San Fran.

I know, I know. We need to beat Philly this week. I think we can, and I think it'll come down to some of the same things I'm mentioning about San Fran. I think we match up better against Philly but both teams are well-suited opponents as far as personnel.

The most important thing this week should be keeping our scheme as unpredictable and productive as possible. We can't let them know what we're running and say, now you have to stop us. We need to beat them with scheme, and passing to set up the run.
That game comes down to 2 things, stopping the run and getting to the QB, something we do not do very well against them or Philly for that matter...do that and I like our chances.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If we want to beat the 9ers, it's going to have to come down to scheme—not talent.

I'm not saying we don't have the talent to beat the 9ers, because I think they're beatable, and we definitely have the talent to get it done. But I think it will come down to scheme. In our first game against San Fran, we were still running the old, vanilla playbook, running Pollard up the middle, and calling pass plays straight from Kellen Moore's playbook.

The one TD we scored, came from motioning Turpin and allowing him to get downfield.

After that game, I came to the conclusion that McCarthy was lost, and in over his head. In fact, I think that actually was the case at that point in time. Then, we were told McCarthy stayed late at the office and had the assistant coaches stay as well, so they could figure out how to fix the offense.

Since that loss, everything has gotten better for the offense, including our red zone efficiency. And Dak is playing at a consistently high level. He even played well in the loss to Sillydelphia. We should have won that game.

Anyway, for us to win beat San Fran, it'll have to come down to creativity and scheme, especially on offense. I'm hoping our first outing against San Fran was a fluke and that our coaches were holding back and not showing their cards to San Fran.

I've been saying it since last year, motion, motion, motion. We have the personnel to move our players around pre-snap in order to confuse the defense, or make them hesitate about their assignment. San Fran's defense matches up well against the Cowboys offense. We're not likely to beat them with our old philosophy where they know what we're running and just have to stop it.

We need to keep them guessing and not allow them to get into a rhythm. The same ole plays, beginning the game by running our back into the A and B gaps likely will not work. We need to stay creative, run counters, reverses, WRs out of the backfield, roll Dak out, toss it, pitch it, and most importantly motion, motion, motion. If we can do that, we have as good of a chance as anyone to beat San Fran.

I know, I know. We need to beat Philly this week. I think we can, and I think it'll come down to some of the same things I'm mentioning about San Fran. I think we match up better against Philly but both teams are well-suited opponents as far as personnel.

The most important thing this week should be keeping our scheme as unpredictable and productive as possible. We can't let them know what we're running and say, now you have to stop us. We need to beat them with scheme, and passing to set up the run.
To be honest I'm not gonna read the whole thing but just going off your title I understand your intent here's the thing they have both I'm sorry dude but if you don't watch San Francisco closer cause apparently you're missing something they have the talent and the scheme but to go ahead and go against the green and give you your counterpoint when they were missing just two of their main guys their scheme failed they lost three games in a row they're 16 and oh when they have their full complement of starting offense to go along with their scheme they're almost undefeated here's the thing they just lose a couple of those dudes McCaffrey debo Trent Williams or Purdy they're not the same team that means it's not all scheme they have both a great scheme full of talent that fits the scheme...

If you wanna talk about the Philadelphia Eagles I think they're scheme is helping jalen hurts I mean that offensive line the way they run the football typically This is why they're in close games and can come back at the end but I think they could probably win with more scheme than talent but I think that you're off base with the 49ers they literally have both and they've already proved when they're missing some of their key players they're susceptible to losing just like anybody else literally we have proof they lost three games in a row missing a couple good players that's it my counterpoint I think it stands true..

Now back to the Cowboys defeating San Francisco that just means limiting mistakes doing your job staying in your lanes literally lost the game in 2021 because of the 14 penalties you'll never convince me there was any other real reason we lost that game you can't do that you can't have the untimely drop pass or miss block or penalty that cost you yards and drives..

You nearly have to play a perfect game to beat the 49ers when they're healthy and stock full of talent I mean you can beat them when they lose their quarterbacks I mean we already saw the Eagles get lucky they went to a Super Bowl because of it they got gifted a Super Bowl basically...

But if you simply want to beat the 49ers how about this 2022 how about you have Trayvon diggs make that hit on kittles maybe have him drop the football also catch that interception I know we wanna go get on the offense but this is championship football you gotta seize the opportunities that come to you in these games these were one score losses...

It's that simple you wanna beat the 49ers you taking advantage of every opportunity and stop making the dumb mistakes the penalties have to stop and not being in your lanes and doing your assignments doing too much whatever it is you gotta play a close to perfect game to beat them that's just part of the deal..

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score

From this point forward, all facial play sets by all teams will be tweaked and the ability to adapt and over come quickly unprepared for element raising nasty heads will affect out comes now. Rehearsal, rehearsal, researsal...as to recognition of change upon indications, have to be generalized but prepared for.

The ability to carry forward with change and adapt on the spot will determine much about momentum. Oh, Dallas in smack dab in the middle of that and has a lot of field stretching skills being shown and grown.

CCBoy

Reaction score
To be honest I'm not gonna read the whole thing but just going off your title I understand your intent here's the thing they have both I'm sorry dude but if you don't watch San Francisco closer cause apparently you're missing something they have the talent and the scheme but to go ahead and go against the green and give you your counterpoint when they were missing just two of their main guys their scheme failed they lost three games in a row they're 16 and oh when they have their full complement of starting offense to go along with their scheme they're almost undefeated here's the thing they just lose a couple of those dudes McCaffrey debo Trent Williams or Purdy they're not the same team that means it's not all scheme they have both a great scheme full of talent that fits the scheme...

If you wanna talk about the Philadelphia Eagles I think they're scheme is helping jalen hurts I mean that offensive line the way they run the football typically This is why they're in close games and can come back at the end but I think they could probably win with more scheme than talent but I think that you're off base with the 49ers they literally have both and they've already proved when they're missing some of their key players they're susceptible to losing just like anybody else literally we have proof they lost three games in a row missing a couple good players that's it my counterpoint I think it stands true..
Any body losing their present starter will flip the entire picture.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Now back to the Cowboys defeating San Francisco that just means limiting mistakes doing your job staying in your lanes literally lost the game in 2021 because of the 14 penalties you'll never convince me there was any other real reason we lost that game you can't do that you can't have the untimely drop pass or miss block or penalty that cost you yards and drives..

You nearly have to play a perfect game to beat the 49ers when they're healthy and stock full of talent I mean you can beat them when they lose their quarterbacks I mean we already saw the Eagles get lucky they went to a Super Bowl because of it they got gifted a Super Bowl basically...

But if you simply want to beat the 49ers how about this 2022 how about you have Trayvon diggs make that hit on kittles maybe have him drop the football also catch that interception I know we wanna go get on the offense but this is championship football you gotta seize the opportunities that come to you in these games these were one score losses...

It's that simple you wanna beat the 49ers you taking advantage of every opportunity and stop making the dumb mistakes the penalties have to stop and not being in your lanes and doing your assignments doing too much whatever it is you gotta play a close to perfect game to beat them that's just part of the deal..

blueblood70

Reaction score
You mean like us losing Terrence steele down the stretch having Tony Pollard go out in the first half with a hip drop tackle you know those little things but to me,

stop making big mistakes you can't have all these penalties like in 2021 you can't have opportunities like we did in 2022 or Trayvon diggs missed an opportunity to help the team overcome this monkey

you have to play a near perfect game or at least play a solid mistake free game where you don't make the big mistakes and sees all your opportunities if you want to beat the 49ers when they're healthy.... Everybody wants to blame the offense or go back and blame Prescott but that's not the problem the problem is the offensive line is getting beat the defensive line is getting beat we're losing in the trenches but mostly because of the penalties you can't have 14 penalties in the game you telling me that didn't affect the six point loss I mean it's one score same in 2022 everyone's blaming the offense but think about it Trayvon diggs makes those two plays how it might change the nature of the game or even the last chance part where the referee just lazy doesn't try to go up and set the football I'm gonna just have all these weird things happen in these games these are mistakes that can't happen if you wanna beat a team like the 49ers...

It's as simple as that I don't think Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn have a bad scheme or a bad game plan and I don't think Kellen Moore either this was mistakes it's the little things in these close games against the good competition that cost you games the little things like penalties turnovers creating turnovers stop missing your blocks stop doing too much...

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's literally a game of inches as well and we've been really on the unlucky side of that look at the Eagles loss in Philly it was one toe out of bounds that could happen to anybody and not getting the call on the go line literally one inch from being a touchdown to school maker doesn't get the call they also say maybe they blew the whistle early they're supposed to allow him to finish the play to the ground right I mean the real catch there's a controversy there with at the goal line with maybe the referees need to allow the body to continue to move before they blow the whistle because if the ground needs to be the finish of a catch how come that play finished in the end zone on the ground and it wasn't called the touchdown??

I mean if they're allowing the whistle to be blown on contact with the knee to the ground and the player touching his hips why is the rule with the catch has to be to the ground has to finish the operation of the catch there is some Gray area there that somebody needs to go to the league and say at the goal line like that that play finished in the end zone it's a touchdown because of where it was caught and where the play finish...

But big games against the best teams it's gonna be one score every little inch an opportunity that you fail to get or every penalty that goes against you especially pre snap mental problems that's what cost you games not all this other stuff that the original poster is talking about yeah that stuff matters but I don't think our schemes and our game plans have been bad it's our mental execution it's literally the littlest things in the game that add up to a seven points or less loss..

CCBoy

Reaction score
You mean like us losing Terrence steele down the stretch having Tony Pollard go out in the first half with a hip drop tackle you know those little things but to me,

stop making big mistakes you can't have all these penalties like in 2021 you can't have opportunities like we did in 2022 or Trayvon diggs missed an opportunity to help the team overcome this monkey

you have to play a near perfect game or at least play a solid mistake free game where you don't make the big mistakes and sees all your opportunities if you want to beat the 49ers when they're healthy.... Everybody wants to blame the offense or go back and blame Prescott but that's not the problem the problem is the offensive line is getting beat the defensive line is getting beat we're losing in the trenches but mostly because of the penalties you can't have 14 penalties in the game you telling me that didn't affect the six point loss I mean it's one score same in 2022 everyone's blaming the offense but think about it Trayvon diggs makes those two plays how it might change the nature of the game or even the last chance part where the referee just lazy doesn't try to go up and set the football I'm gonna just have all these weird things happen in these games these are mistakes that can't happen if you wanna beat a team like the 49ers...

It's as simple as that I don't think Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn have a bad scheme or a bad game plan and I don't think Kellen Moore either this was mistakes it's the little things in these close games against the good competition that cost you games the little things like penalties turnovers creating turnovers stop missing your blocks stop doing too much...
My question was on the quarterback position going from you observation...still awaiting your response to my point.

As to your stereotype, what does SF losing Christian do to your progression of implied dominanace.

Steele and Pollard are not the axle for the wheels driving Dallas. The defense is toeing the line against San Francisco, not for playing the Eagles.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My question was on the quarterback position going from you observation...still awaiting your response to my point.

As to your stereotype, what does SF losing Christian do to your progression of implied dominanace.

Steele and Pollard are not the axle for the wheels driving Dallas. The defense is toeing the line against San Francisco, not for playing the Eagles.
Because I don't really understand what you're trying to get at the defense hasn't played that great if we're going on recent history the defense looked terrible this year against all our losses especially against the 49ers RDP has looked as bad as I've looked all year against the 49ers in any game I've ever seen so that went away if you're trying to look at past losses I'm sorry but they misplaced too are you trying to tell me that the defense they had three offside penalties and in the first half gave up almost 10 yards per carry to debo Samuels in 2021 to go along with the other 11 penalties on the offensive line you're blaming the quarterback??

In 2022 too many mistakes are being made just not seizing opportunities and getting penalties the slightest inch here there is what cost us these games I don't know what you talking about the quarterback quarterback not having a run game and an offensive line and playing behind the chains and not having this defense become opportunistic like they're claim to fame it is supposed to be the quarterback wow it's the most important position on the field cannot function without the other players playing well it's called a lot of moving pieces in a team game..​

Football is the Ultimate Team game too many moving pieces it only takes a couple holes in the trenches or a couple plays here there they go against you like penalties to lose a game this has nothing to do with Prescott's ability to play well against the 49ers he's not playing well against the 49ers because the rest of his team is not playing well against the 49ers...

Sometimes the selective memory that people have around here that leaves out the key reasons we lost games and goes right to the quarterback or right to the coaching they forget we lost by a single score you have to add up all the little things that didn't happen in the game or the penalties or just simply missing a block it is what it is it's very difficult for a quarterback to win in this league without a run game without an offensive line or with his receivers dropping passes it is it just is a game of inches and in this case it may not be yards we're talking about the small issues in the game that add up to one score losses..

To me we're losing these games(death) by a 1000 cuts theory, it's never one big thing, it's always a bunch of little cuts that adds up to so much bleeding that we can't make up for it by the end of the game...

kskboys

Reaction score
They have much better O and D lines. That is what makes it so hard to beat them.

We are not equal in talent. Wish we were.

kskboys

Reaction score
To beat the Niner defense we have to be willing to go over the top of their D,L and linebacker unit similar to what we did in the first game of the 21 season against the defended champion Bucs. We knew their front 7 was just too damn tough to go through so instead we went around and over the top of it to get to their far less dominant secondary. Same goes for the Niners. Now,....someone else can figure out how our defense defeats their O. I would say it has to start with getting pressure right up the middle.
Yup. Need that impossible to block DT.

Proof

Reaction score
Except they have both a very strong secondary and very strong pass rush. The best way to move against them is with multiple outside threats, which sadly the Cowboys lack since Gallup forgot how to play, or to have a complete mismatch at TE or RB that forces the defense to adjust, which they don’t have.

Basically the only mismatch is Lamb but they can double him, dare Cowboys to run and just win the game. We know this is the gameplan because we have seen it multiple times already.
their secondary is solid, wouldn't say very strong. especially w/ the loss of hufanga

CCBoy

Reaction score
Because I don't really understand what you're trying to get at the defense hasn't played that great if we're going on recent history the defense looked terrible this year against all our losses especially against the 49ers RDP has looked as bad as I've looked all year against the 49ers in any game I've ever seen so that went away if you're trying to look at past losses I'm sorry but they misplaced too are you trying to tell me that the defense they had three offside penalties and in the first half gave up almost 10 yards per carry to debo Samuels in 2021 to go along with the other 11 penalties on the offensive line you're blaming the quarterback??

In 2022 too many mistakes are being made just not seizing opportunities and getting penalties the slightest inch here there is what cost us these games I don't know what you talking about the quarterback quarterback not having a run game and an offensive line and playing behind the chains and not having this defense become opportunistic like they're claim to fame it is supposed to be the quarterback wow it's the most important position on the field cannot function without the other players playing well it's called a lot of moving pieces in a team game..​

Football is the Ultimate Team game too many moving pieces it only takes a couple holes in the trenches or a couple plays here there they go against you like penalties to lose a game this has nothing to do with Prescott's ability to play well against the 49ers he's not playing well against the 49ers because the rest of his team is not playing well against the 49ers...

Sometimes the selective memory that people have around here that leaves out the key reasons we lost games and goes right to the quarterback or right to the coaching they forget we lost by a single score you have to add up all the little things that didn't happen in the game or the penalties or just simply missing a block it is what it is it's very difficult for a quarterback to win in this league without a run game without an offensive line or with his receivers dropping passes it is it just is a game of inches and in this case it may not be yards we're talking about the small issues in the game that add up to one score losses..

To me we're losing these games(death) by a 1000 cuts theory, it's never one big thing, it's always a bunch of little cuts that adds up to so much bleeding that we can't make up for it by the end of the game...
Not in your focus...did San Francisco lose 3 games? That's not the fluke of a single game. Important or not? That is a valid point and not an abstract popular item.

Earlier, offensive line was a strong contributor for 2 losses. First with Arizona, and next when Steele was an open gate that a steady onslaught of people in on Dak Prescott against San Francisco.

The errors in the Red Zone and on drives, if cured early, already would have put Dallas first in the NFC East. Agreed.

Proof

Reaction score
When Dallas gets punched in the mouth, punch back and not go into a shell. They have to match physical with physical.
i think they're capable. in all honesty, i felt like they were the tonesetters and the bullies last year. but pollard going down and kittles miracle catch just sucked the air out of the room. obviously this previous matchup they were not even in the same stratosphere, so that's concerning. but they're definitely capable of withstanding punches and dishing them out

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

you have to take away one of SF strengths to have success. Cleveland did it because they have a similar DL, that can generate pass rush and stop the run with their front 4. forced them to punt a few times and kept the game close. minn did it, with great pass protection limiting their front 4, giving cousins time and he shred their zone defense. they also limited their running attack and dominated TOP, limiting their opportunities. Cinci did it by getting turnovers, that was one of Purdy's worst outings as he threw two interceptions. in all those games, they only scored 17.

so if we can slow their pass rush and limit their running game, we probably will have some success. otherwise we are screwed.

I don't think we match up well against them, as we are build for finesse and speed and they are physical on both sides of the ball.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not in your focus...did San Francisco lose 3 games? That's not the fluke of a single game. Important or not? That is a valid point and not an abstract popular item.

Earlier, offensive line was a strong contributor for 2 losses. First with Arizona, and next when Steele was an open gate that a steady onslaught of people in on Dak Prescott against San Francisco.

The errors in the Red Zone and on drives, if cured early, already would have put Dallas first in the NFC East. Agreed.
There is no automatic there isn't going back to those games and doing the what if game it is what it is you are who your record says you are and now we have to battle for the east which I don't think we're gonna win even in a tie which is more than likely what's gonna happen, Philly still gonna get the nod.. Like I say these San Francisco talk by everyone not just the original poster here way too soon we're not even in the playoffs yet we have a division to worry about we have seating to worry about and San Francisco should be the farthest thing from all our minds and I sure hope the coaches and players are not thinking this way screw San Francisco right now we should be loading up to try to do everything we can to beat Philadelphia at home because if we can't, san Francisco's not gonna matter..

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't disagree but m ore than scheme is execution. The 49ers are a well coached disciplined team. Every player knows his assignment and he carries it out. If the Cowboys want to beat the 49ers it starts with blocking.

I don't think the 49ers are unbeatable. The Rams had success against them ear in the season. They threw the ball downfield instead of underneath where the 49ers excel on defense.

Also, when they played earlier this year Quinn had Parsons lining up on the left side of the offense, facing Trent Williams. This is not arson's usual spot. If there is a weak spot on the 49ers offensive it is the right side of their OL. I would get Parsons and DLaw on that side and attack there. Then the right side of the defense has to be ready for those outside runs by McCaffery.

The other thing is the safeties, like Kearse and Wilson have to have big games. They can't miss tackles or allow Kittle to find an open spot in the defense.

The Cowboys have to limit the mistakes. No stupid penalties, and no turnovers.