Defense extends no 100 yard game allowed streak

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Then kiss the 49ers game goodbye again.
The 9ers haven't run the ball well against Dallas. In the playoffs their offense hasn't done anything and earlier this year the big plays were all in the passing game.

kskboys

Reaction score
So, we played another team who employs two RBs and gives them both carries. What's the significance again?
The 9ers haven't run the ball well against Dallas. In the playoffs their offense hasn't done anything and earlier this year the big plays were all in the passing game.
170 yds rushing. 6.3 YPC. Yeah, they really couldn't run the ball against us.

Why do you make stuff up?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
as much as I can appreciate stats and rankings,

I watched the games,

if a team wanted to run for 100 yards and get an individual player big yards, it would be easy against this defense the problem is a lot of these games our blowouts and they have to abandon the run...

so let's stay off that streak, its an illusion, they are not good at stopping the run and if teams were smart they would keep calling for their running backs and their mobile qbacks too be played against this defense just like Arizona did I think Carolina made a mistake putting their rookie quarterback standing up back there that often and the drive that they look the best in the two scoring drives they ran a lot and they kept running and we kept not stopping the run. If they wanted a 100 yard rusher and that was the goal that would be easy to do against this defense...

Hey, I'm not trying to be negative I'm just trying to be honest here.... We are not a good run stopping defense it just looks like that because we didn't give up 100 yard rusher but my eyes tell me we have the same problems in the center of our defense whether that's the line or the linebackers or the safeties that play linebacker who are too small to stop the run that's always been a problem with Dan Quinn's defenses...
That streak will end soon and the defense will be exposed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's an impressive state no matter how you slice it. I don't care who we've played or what other teams are doing. The stat still exists.
I think if you take into account the teams going more with running back by committee and sometimes a lot of teams going wide receiver by committee trying to spread the ball around in this day and age it's much different if they wanted to I believe that they could easily get 100 yards on our team in both categories... I mean if you choose to feed a guy like we did with CD land the last month you can get those stats if they chose to use one running back all game even at under 4 yards per carry it would only take 25 carries I believe that's how it used to be and backs used to be able to do that and I believe if they wanted to give one back 25 plus carries here they would get their 100 yards that's no longer the philosophy..... Yes it's still a nice story for fans but I'm really not impressed with rankings and or these type of statistical anomalies or streaks...

I just want us to win and get in the playoffs and keep winning...

gmb1

Reaction score
Can some point me to where to find who has the best rush defense? I cannot find it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That streak will end soon and the defense will be exposed.
OK Mr. negative we get your little schtick and it was unnecessary here. The response is here so two directions either overly positive or overly negative where is the middle ground I'm the middle ground by the way the defense has already been exposed so has the offense so has the special team so has the coaches but that's the point week to week they must make adjustments and make changes... Just like it was pointed out during the game that it looks like they had our snap count and our silent count was a little too easily diagnosed and I think they fixed that in the second-half and that offensive line looked a lot better you do devise game plans that are different for every game and that's why you have to know your weaknesses and you make adjustments for each team thats up next..

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So, we played another team who employs two RBs and gives them both carries. What's the significance again?

170 yds rushing. 6.3 YPC. Yeah, they really couldn't run the ball against us.

Why do you make stuff up?
These numbers are completely fake.

Week 5: 40/169 4.2
2022 playoffs: 32/113 3.5
2021 playoffs: 38/169 4.4

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Hardline

Reaction score
If Chubba Hubbard got 30 carries and the Panthers didn't commit those stupid penalties they probably win.
RBs still matter. This is NOT a passing league no matter how much you want to think it is.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
as much as I can appreciate stats and rankings,

I watched the games,

if a team wanted to run for 100 yards and get an individual player big yards, it would be easy against this defense the problem is a lot of these games our blowouts and they have to abandon the run...

so let's stay off that streak, its an illusion, they are not good at stopping the run and if teams were smart they would keep calling for their running backs and their mobile qbacks too be played against this defense just like Arizona did I think Carolina made a mistake putting their rookie quarterback standing up back there that often and the drive that they look the best in the two scoring drives they ran a lot and they kept running and we kept not stopping the run. If they wanted a 100 yard rusher and that was the goal that would be easy to do against this defense...

Hey, I'm not trying to be negative I'm just trying to be honest here.... We are not a good run stopping defense it just looks like that because we didn't give up 100 yard rusher but my eyes tell me we have the same problems in the center of our defense whether that's the line or the linebackers or the safeties that play linebacker who are too small to stop the run that's always been a problem with Dan Quinn's defenses...
We sacrifice some run-stopping to have the lighter, faster players for coverage and pass rush. So far it has been effective as we're relying on teams not being able to just run the ball all day and having to pass. Even when Carolina was moving the ball by running it, eventually they get into a situation where they have to pass and our defense can shine and shut them down.

Sadly, the teams that give us trouble (San Fran and Philly) both have effective running games and defenses that don't easily give up a lot of points, so they can stick with the running game against us and somewhat negate what our defense does best. It helps their passing game be more effective against us because we have to focus more on stopping the run.

I did notice a couple of plays against Carolina after they ran for a couple of chunks of yardage where we stuck both Mazi and Hankins out there for two downs to force them into a passing situation.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If Chubba Hubbard got 30 carries and the Panthers didn't commit those stupid penalties they probably win.
RBs still matter. This is NOT a passing league no matter how much you want to think it is.
Huh?