Defense extends no 100 yard game allowed streak

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's the thing, though. A team is not going to run just to get a player stats and that is why this holds up. The defense is good against the pass & keeps scoring low, so run attempts are naturally going to be limited. Trust if they opponent decided they wanted to run every play--yeah, they could likely get there man over 100, but what team would do that in reality?
the bears did it last year for sure, score be damed just kept running it

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
If this defense faced the 92 or 93 teams with Emmit and that line, running the ball 30+ times per game, the front office would rethink the DT, LB positions. Even DeMarco Murray and the 2014 group could get ugly.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Oh my gawd. A decent quarterback beats us yesterday because of it.

Stop analyzing games against the 1-9 Panthers and Tommy DeVito.
The Eagles couldn't run the ball either - averaged 3.3 ypc.

You do not know what you're talking about. Just totally allergic to fact.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
We outgained them by a ton....and lost. It's about when, not how many.

Stats mean virtually nothing. They're for fantasy football dorks.
So then the total number of rushing yards that the 49ers had means nothing?

Just total nonsense from you, because you're too lazy to actually learn anything. You have 0 clue what you're talking about.

erod

Reaction score
Lmao. I love when people say this trash. Basically it just means "I'm too stupid to understand numbers" or "I'm wrong so facts don't matter." You're so wrong that you've completely moved on to a different point. How aren't you should be embarrassed to write that and hit send?

I'll ask again, is the 3.3 ypc the Eagles gained on the ground good?
Take off your Rowdy costume and put down the pom-poms.

Stats. Mean. NOTHING. Ever.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

This is one of those meh, borderline useless, stats.

The Arizona Cardinals rushed for 222 yards and averaged 7.4 yards per rush, while beating the Cowboys. But since no single player got 100 yards it's a big deal? :rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Lmao. I love when people say this trash. Basically it just means "I'm too stupid to understand numbers" or "I'm wrong so facts don't matter." You're so wrong that you've completely moved on to a different point. How aren't you should be embarrassed to write that and hit send?

I'll ask again, is the 3.3 ypc the Eagles gained on the ground good?
Ask a better question and maybe you'll learn something.

The Arizona Cardinals rushed for 222 yards and averaged 7.4 yards per rush, while beating the Cowboys. But since no single player got 100 yards it's a big deal? :rolleyes:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Ask a better question and maybe you'll learn something.

Is 3.3 ypc against the Eagles good?

The Cardinals game has nothing to do with anything.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Take off your Rowdy costume and put down the pom-poms.

Stats. Mean. NOTHING. Ever.
Then why do you care about rushing yardage totals? If you don't believe in stats, then how do you even know if the rush D is good? Your eye test? Lmao.

I'll ask again, was the run defense good against Philly when they averaged 3.3 ypc?

erod

Reaction score
Then why do you care about rushing yardage totals? If you don't believe in stats, then how do you even know if the rush D is good? Your eye test? Lmao.

I'll ask again, was the run defense good against Philly when they averaged 3.3 ypc?
I pointed out stats to answer your incessant stat question.

The Eagles got whooped last night statistically, and still won. Again, stats mean nothing, and you're too uneducated to even ponder that.

Those of us who understand football know what we're watching. I understand that you're needing Pollard to get yardage for your fantasy team, but I'm interested in what wins games, not what beats your roommate in the dork league.

Now run along. You're boring everyone.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I pointed out stats to answer your incessant stat question.

The Eagles got whooped last night statistically, and still won. Again, stats mean nothing, and you're too uneducated to even ponder that.

Those of us who understand football know what we're watching. I understand that you're needing Pollard to get yardage for your fantasy team, but I'm interested in what wins games, not what beats your roommate in the dork league.

Now run along. You're boring everyone.
You pointed out those stats BEFORE I asked that, because you said it didn't count against bad teams, dummy.

You are so distanced from the point that I'm not sure if you remember it anymore, and you certainly do not know what you're watching.

Is 3.3 ypc good? I'll ask again. It's a very simple question.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Until the defense steps up and stops their opponent's rushing game then shutting done their opponent's passing game doesn't mean squat. Defense wins championships and unfortunately the Cowboy's don't have that type of defense.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
5.7 YPC right, its an illusion. lOL that a terrible day against a rb whom if they ran more would easily get 100. sanders 11-50 RBBC ran over us and around us all game.. so what's that for the game 5.1 YPC?

trust me this defense is not going to be mistaken for the 2000 Ravens or the 1987 bears 86 bears
Will you skew all your numbers and explain how the 2000 Ravens only allowed 19 less yards a game then this defense to go with less turnovers per game then the Cowboys as well. Thanks. I love when haters get to find out that this Cowboys defense is every bit as good as there super hero teams from past years. I also love being the person who gets to point it out to them.

Oh and don't get me started on our offense compared to that SB winning team.

starfan1

Reaction score
Will you skew all your numbers and explain how the 2000 Ravens only allowed 19 less yards a game then this defense to go with less turnovers per game then the Cowboys as well. Thanks. I love when haters get to find out that this Cowboys defense is every bit as good as there super hero teams from past years. I also love being the person who gets to point it out to them.

Oh and don't get me started on our offense compared to that SB winning team.

10.3 per game scoring defense for 2000 ravens vs cowboys 17.5

rushing YPG ravens 60 YPG dallas is 109

247 vs 266.3 total yards so your 19 yards is correct

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/2023-cowboys-rushing-yards-allowed-per-game

I think scoring defense is a better indicator of dominance. This cowboy team gets turnovers at a ridiculous rate .they get those primarily in the passing game so if a team is can run on them and be turnover free they can hang with the cowboys. That 2000 Raven defense was vicious this cowboys defense is good and opportunistic but id rather face them anyday then the 2000 Ravens D

The other thing is because of the turnover teams have had to abandon the run too soon

All that doesnt mean anything in this years playoffs. All the cowboys have to do is shore up a few things and play turnover free ball and they can beat anybody. Their run defense is one thing. Im more worried about the offensive line and their inabilty to score in the red zone with consistancy

Last edited:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So silly. They gave up 222 on the ground to Arizona and 170 to SF.

It's true that they haven't given up a huge passing day yet: SF is the only team to pass for more than 219 against them, and they only reached 251. But this stuff about individual players is meaningless.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sure, an opponent could absolutely run all over Dallas if it wanted—just like Chicago last year. And it would lose by 20–just like Chicago last year. There’s no correlation between running well and winning. Modern defenses are looking to manage the run, not shut it down.

Having said that, I’m still disappointed by the Cowboys running game because it’s not helping get into more manageable down and distances.
The turning point for this year's Cowboys team was against the Chargers. Finally getting the offensive line time together to start coming together was the element most needed to over come directions.

Prescott has continually improved productions and three straight 300+ games with low interceptions is a major turning point now.

I see the most important element to improve upon right now, are the right guard and tackle positions. This side is not making solid contact with their man and retaining that contact. Return the right side dependability and this Cowboys team can elevate against any team as Dak will have enough time in pocket and his movement to cut up opposing defenses, including the center of the field against the Eagles.

The defense still haven't their kitchen cheese stolen by rats there, and still haven't given up a 100 yards to any runner. Add the turnovers and solid play up front and in the secondary keeps the Dallas in control now.

I can't agree beyond the fact that this team now can challenge in any game and is improving. Both on defense and offense.

CCBoy

Reaction score
10.3 per game scoring defense for 2000 ravens vs cowboys 17.5

rushing YPG ravens 60 YPG dallas is 109

247 vs 266.3 total yards so your 19 yards is correct

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/2023-cowboys-rushing-yards-allowed-per-game

I think scoring defense is a better indicator of dominance. This cowboy team gets turnovers at a ridiculous rate .they get those primarily in the passing game so if a team is can run on them and be turnover free they can hang with the cowboys. That 2000 Raven defense was vicious this cowboys defense is good and opportunistic but id rather face them anyday then the 2000 Ravens D

The other thing is because of the turnover teams have had to abandon the run too soon

All that doesnt mean anything in this years playoffs. All the cowboys have to do is shore up a few things and play turnover free ball and they can beat anybody. Their run defense is one thing. Im more worried about the offensive line and their inabilty to score in the red zone with consistancy
Quit playing with stats...now tell the point differential for both teams since the Chargers game...