Defensive Coordinator options

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If Quinn were to go elsewhere???? Would you want a coach already on the staff, an outside coach, a coach who's young and upcoming, a coach that's been in the league for many years? Please give your thoughts

Aven8

Reaction score
I don’t even know where to begin, but I’m looking at the college ranks I think. We need a fresh new prospective. I would go after the top DC’s in college. DQ is in the upper echelons of NFL DC’s. It would be hard to improve on that with the candidates out there.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If Quinn were to go elsewhere???? Would you want a coach already on the staff, an outside coach, a coach who's young and upcoming, a coach that's been in the league for many years? Please give your thoughts
Brian Flores. Make him asst HC so its not a lateral move. He had a BAD Miami team playing very well despite all of the baggage that was happening there at the time.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Normally I'd say no more oldies, but I feel he'd move them to a 3-4 and I think thats where 11 belongs. I don't even want to hear how we don't have the right personnel for a 3-4. IMO we don't have the right personnel for a 4-3 either.
Zimmer is a 4-3 defensive coordinator, it was Parcells that changed the defense to a 3-4, don't want to go back to a 3-4 defense

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don’t even know where to begin, but I’m looking at the college ranks I think. We need a fresh new prospective. I would go after the top DC’s in college. DQ is in the upper echelons of NFL DC’s. It would be hard to improve on that with the candidates out there.
I like where you're going with this

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Normally I'd say no more oldies, but I feel he'd move them to a 3-4 and I think thats where 11 belongs. I don't even want to hear how we don't have the right personnel for a 3-4. IMO we don't have the right personnel for a 4-3 either.
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool that's too funny, or as if we can't actually get some players this off season to make the transition, like sheesh!!

quickccc

Reaction score
Lead option would be an insider like Joe Witt Jr. and maybe he promotes Al Harris to lead defensive assistant.
Witt has the inside on scheming Parsons, and supposedly Witt was Quinn's 1st in command as top assistant.

Some NFL teams were interested and requested interviews for Witt as a DC.

A guy like a Mike Zimmer is so old school traditional that I dunno how he would operate Parsons
who I strongly assume would have to be schemed as Eagles do with Hasson Riddick or how Von Miller in his prime was used in Denver & Buffalo .

And you'd want that DC to know how to specialize in blitzing schemes & packages.
Some DCs just dunno how to design blitzes.

I'd really want someone fresh and advanced and adept at counter-scheme adjusting on the move while also
a sturn believer in discipline and physicality.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Lead option would be an insider like Joe Witt Jr. and maybe he promotes Al Harris to lead defensive assistant.
Witt has the inside on scheming Parsons, and supposedly Witt was Quinn's 1st in command as top assistant.

Some NFL teams were interested and requested interviews for Witt as a DC.

A guy like a Mike Zimmer is so old school traditional that I dunno how he would operate Parsons
who I strongly assume would have to be schemed as Eagles do with Hasson Riddick or how Von Miller in his prime was used in Denver & Buffalo .

And you'd want that DC to know how to specialize in blitzing schemes & packages.
Some DCs just dunno how to design blitzes.

I'd really want someone fresh and advanced and adept at counter-scheme adjusting on the move while also
a sturn believer in discipline and physicality.
I love your last section!!!!

What do you mean he has the inside on scheming parsons???