Defensive Coordinator options

phildadon86

Reaction score
If Quinn leaves, be very hard to hire an DC outside the organization as nobody wants to come with a coach who has 1 yr left on his deal.
Bring in BB as DC asst HC with the promise he will take over next year when we inevtibly fail.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
i am still holding out hope that Vrabel gets left out of the HC musical chairs and he agrees to come to Dallas as DC. Either for MM if he is kicked to the curb, or to wait another year for a crack at HC somewhere. He can prove himself again.

jujoboys

Reaction score
If Quinn gets Seattle job then I predict Mike Macdonald (DC Ravens) takes Washington job, Ben Johnson (OC Detroit) takes Falcons job. That leaves a very interesting name on the market and available and I am not talking about Belichick.

Could we offer the DC job to Mike Vrabel? Kills two birds with one stone. Gets us a legit fiery DC who could step in as HC if McCarthy doesn't get it done in 2024.

jujoboys

Reaction score
i am still holding out hope that Vrabel gets left out of the HC musical chairs and he agrees to come to Dallas as DC. Either for MM if he is kicked to the curb, or to wait another year for a crack at HC somewhere. He can prove himself again.
I saw your reply after i posted mine. We are on the same page.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
If Quinn were to go elsewhere???? Would you want a coach already on the staff, an outside coach, a coach who's young and upcoming, a coach that's been in the league for many years? Please give your thoughts
Is Rod Marinelli available ?

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Normally I'd say no more oldies, but I feel he'd move them to a 3-4 and I think thats where 11 belongs. I don't even want to hear how we don't have the right personnel for a 3-4. IMO we don't have the right personnel for a 4-3 either.
It’s worth a look. Parsons and Williams outside, maybe D Law (I think Greg Ellis moved to a 3-4 outside backer in the 2000s), Fowler as well. Mazi, Hankins and Osi on the line lol. Still need a few players though.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s worth a look. Parsons and Williams outside, maybe D Law (I think Greg Ellis moved to a 3-4 outside backer in the 2000s), Fowler as well. Mazi, Hankins and Osi on the line lol. Still need a few players though.
Agreed. I think we need so many front 7 guys anyway, might as well make the move. If we get a new DC.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I said this in another thread. I read an article that suggested 2 guys to replace Quinn. They were Whitt Jr and the Assistant HC/defensive line coah from the Ravens