Deion Interviews TO At Halftime of Tonight's Game

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2433376 said:
As I pointed out before Romo went down this offense had no problem putting up points. When my offense is putting up 28,41,27,24 and 31 points all before Romo went down we should be winning. Jason Garrett knows what he is doing but it is clear you don't have a fricken clue because if you did you would realize an offense putting up those points is doing a lot of good things. Your concern seems to be more about TO having individual numbers. As for TO being blamed no one was blaming TO they are reacting to his statements, he is complaining and drawing this attention on himself and fans react to that negatively. If Witten was crying to Deion Witten would be catching hell as well. No one wants to hear it just go out and do the job

So then it is Romo that makes the offense run, right? Not the brilliant 'play-calling' of Jason Garrett... How about Jason Garrett last year when TO went down, and Romo was still playing?
Hell, how about that impressive 70 plus carry by Marion Barber when the offense stalled against Arizona and that next busted 3 and out by the Dallas offense with Tony Romo... Garrett was pretty impressive there...

juck

Reaction score
Honestly I blame TO's agent for this interview,why would he want him to do this now?stupid.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;2433382 said:
So then it is Romo that makes the offense run, right? Not the brilliant 'play-calling' of Jason Garrett... How about Jason Garrett last year when TO went down, and Romo was still playing?

And Dallas had the division clinched what about it? Garrett knows what he is doing but it is clear you don't know jack of what you are talking about, just the typical whinny fan who think he knows how to cure the ills of this team. Give me a break Garrett offense can put up the points and has done so even in games when TO did not have a big individual day. Losing Romo and not have a decent replacement had a negitive effect on all WR as balls where being poorly thrown. But again you don't put up the points this offense has with bad play calling

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
juckie;2433397 said:
Honestly I blame TO's agent for this interview,why would he want him to do this now?stupid.
Maybe Owens was so determined to do the interview that there wasn't anything Drew Rosenhaus could say to dissuade him? This is Terrell Owens, right? Is there anyone out there who can stop him from doing anything he sets his mind to?

juck

Reaction score
On the other post someone stated they were at the game live and TO was consistently open down the field on crossing routes and didnt get the ball.So maybe he does have beef,who knows?I dont even care just so we win,lol.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
khiladi;2433302 said:
The only category where Jason Witten performed better than last year is in terms of yardage and number of catches. The number of first downs he has made as well as TDs has significantly declined from last year to this year, even if one projects it for the whole season. The last game, he had only two catches.

Well, considering we have far fewer offfensive snaps than last year, the fact that he's not on last year's pace kind of falls into the "no duh" category. Thanks for pointing that out though. The point is Witten is still making the most of his chances producing among to the top 2-3 TE's in the league. TO, on the otherhand, is producing merely like a Top 40 WR.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
My how this thread has grown since last night!

Anyone feel like filling me in with a little recap? Gimme the dirt...and I want names.

juck

Reaction score
tomson75;2433724 said:
My how this thread has grown since last night!

Anyone feel like filling me in with a little recap? Gimme the dirt...and I want names.

Recap?u ready? ok....... BLAH,etc.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
What cracks me up the most is the fact that this happens multiple times every single year. If we were to really go through and look at all the times the fans and media made a huge deal out of something T.O. said or did since 2000, the total number of instances would be pushing 1,000.

Those who don't learn from their history are doomed to repeat it. Nothing ever changed with Terrell Owens (aside from him more readily recognizing media "bait" tactics), it just changed with the way numerous fans analyzed the situation. Now most people are at least somewhat cognizant of the media sensationalism and call them on the obvious cases of BS.

However, people still don't recognize the "creative editing" they do in these "interviews." In total (once part 2 concludes), the interview they show will be under 6 minutes in length. Do you really think Owens was only chatting with Deion for 6 minutes? I'd surmise it was closer to a half hour, with all of his comments being mere fractions of long attempts at PC answers being taken out of context.

The bottom line is he's partly to blame for granting these kinds of interviews, in which nothing good can result. At the same time, I don't see why we should care.

khiladi

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2433444 said:
Well, considering we have far fewer offfensive snaps than last year, the fact that he's not on last year's pace kind of falls into the "no duh" category. Thanks for pointing that out though. The point is Witten is still making the most of his chances producing among to the top 2-3 TE's in the league. TO, on the otherhand, is producing merely like a Top 40 WR.

Ah, so those same offensive snaps don't happen when TO is playing? BTW genius... As I stated before, even if we carry it out over the season, Witten isn't even close to his last year stats in regards to first downs and TDs... The first down differential between last year and this year is huge, and Witten's effectiveness is his ability to keep drives alive, which he hasn't been doing this year, despite having all 'these yards' taht you so rave about.. Crayton neither...

Your agenda is quite clear...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img442.*************/img442/4889/ch21sunoct122008055516pky0.jpg

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
bbgun;2434790 said:
http://img442.*************/img442/4889/ch21sunoct122008055516pky0.jpg

:lmao2: .........fantastic!!

dgr81

Reaction score
just a reminder that the second part of the interview will air within the next 45 minutes

dgr81

Reaction score
- doing what is asked of him, it's not like he's not open
- there have been injuries
- doesn't think it's difficult to get him featured
- Garrett needs to watch how TO played in San Fran and Philly
- TO was a priority in San Fran and Philly
- believes he is just as physical and has not lost a step
- Dallas can't obtain championship if TO doesn't have the numbers
- Ray Sherman knows he's frustrated
- the system is not allowing him to do the things he needs
- other teams game planned against dallas all summer
- need to go to the drawing table
- Dallas will make the playoffs as long as there is not a set back (injury) at the QB position

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Two things of interest to me:

1. He said we did finally do some things last weekend that help him get open.

2. He said the offense hasn't been creative this year as compared to last. We're just doing the same basic things that teams have figured out.

Seems like your basic stuff that most fans have noticed -- the offense hasn't been too creative this season.

WG5516

Reaction score
The interview wasn't that bad and they actually showed most of it on Thursday. What he said makes sense and I agree with him. Jason G. has way too many weapons for this offense to continue to stall out. But with that said, it's not like we CAN'T move the ball, it's the silly mistakes that stalls the drives out. If you watch the previous games, most of our drives ended because of penalties.