Deion Interviews TO At Halftime of Tonight's Game

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2433207 said:
lol

kelly_081103_02.jpg
Well, I'm pretty sure it was the treatment by the media that made him cry, but oh well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2433207 said:
I betcha a paycheck that if Owens has seen one just like that or similar, he already has a "counter" iShirt created as "retaliation".

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2433214 said:
I agree but what Romo can do is avoid throwing gas on the fire. Let TO be TO, I think Romo knows that when he has a chance to get the ball to Owens he can make some big plays and as long as he is not forcing the ball this offense will be fine.
I agree. Romo has too many weapons on offense (even without Felix Jones) to not only win games, but to win them decisively.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;2433222 said:
TO mentioned nothing about Romo forcing him the ball. He stated he wasn't being utilized properly, which has nothing to do with forcing him the ball....

I know what TO said and I know Garrett knows what the hell he is doing Garrett Job is not to get the ball to Owens it is to run an entire offense that consist of a lot of talented players who also need to get the ball. Garrett has put Owens in motion but has done that before last week, that was not the 1st time Owens has gone into motion since he has been in Dallas. Bottom line is if TO does not get the ball he will moan, so let him moan.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
juckie;2433208 said:
Maybe its a ploy to keep other teams thinking we are going to force him the ball.
That sounds like something Wade Phillips would think up.

/sarcasm off

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2433234 said:
I know what TO said and I know Garrett knows what the hell he is doing Garrett Job is not to get the ball to Owens it is to run an entire offense that consist of a lot of talented players who also need to get the ball. Garrett has put Owens in motion but has done that before last week, that was not the 1st time Owens has gone into motion since he has been in Dallas. Bottom line is if TO does not get the ball he will moan, so let him moan.

He has put him in motion, but rarely and almost always as a decoy...Garret had a buch of bums as WR prior to Roy Williams and he couldn't get them the ball. Garrett couldn't get Jason Witten the ball and he hasn't been getting Patrick Crayton the ball. Their overall production has declined from last year in many significant categories as well.The fact is even Jason Garrett flat-out admitted they were going to use TO in motion alot for the Commanders game... The fact is, even JG finally admitted it was time to change...That is the point, which obviously sails over your head...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2433222 said:
TO mentioned nothing about Romo forcing him the ball. He stated he wasn't being utilized properly, which has nothing to do with forcing him the ball....

so true....he was taking shots at Garrett if anything.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;2433243 said:
He has put him in motion, but rarely and almost always as a decoy...Garret had a buch of bums as WR prior to Roy Williams and he couldn't get them the ball. Garrett couldn't get Jason Witten the ball and he hasn't been getting Patrick Crayton the ball. Their overall production has declined from last year in many significant categories as well.The fact is even Jason Garrett flat-out admitted they were going to use TO in motion alot for the Commanders game... The fact is, even JG finally admitted it was time to change...That is the point, which obviously sails over your head...

Garrett offense this season before Romo went down were as followed 28, 41,27,24 and 31 Garrett offense does not have a problem putting up points. Sorry if TO does not get the ball as much as he would like but then this offense is not TO alone. Garrett has put TO in motion and had done so at times last year. Sorry nothing is going over my head evidently I can't say the same for you because evidently you don't seem to get that putting up the points I just showed is damn good by any teams standards. Only time this offense was not scoring points is when Romo went down and this past game vs the skins So go cry to someone else you don’t have a fricken clue just agenda driven fan who thinks he knows how to run this team

aikemirv

Reaction score
khiladi;2433243 said:

Garrett could not get Jason WItten the ball, is that what you just wrote. Before Romo went down I believe Jason had more catches than last year. Johnson and Bollinger could not get Jason the ball!

The Oline could not protect is the problem, it is not Garrett's system.

The change in the system was so that Romo would not get hit so that game plan was to get the ball out of Romo's hands as quick as possible. That is why the change, not some admission that his offense does not work.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
TO is blaming "the system that I play in".

Isn't that the same system he played last year? So is TO saying that Garrett has purposely changed the system .... to punish him I guess?

Garrett couldn't get Jason Witten the ball

Even with the broken rib and QB changes, Witten is tied for 1st among in the NFL in receiving yards. 3rd among NFL TE's in catches.

People are really grasping for straws for ways to dance around the fact that a 34 year old WR is getting old.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hell, look at the difference between Anquan Boldin and TO, who both have remarkably similar YPC average.Boldin is at 12.8 and TO is at 12.6. The difference between the two is in YAC, which is 7.3 for Boldin and 3.8 for TO. The difference between the number of catches is that Bolding has 22 more catches and played 2 less games. It is quite obvious TO is running longer routes as well as the CB covering him is being helped over the top. It has nothing to do with TO not being able to get off the line. He is catching the ball down-field. Terrell Owens is being defended downfield, not at the line.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Boldin could have a higher YAC because he isn't immediately brought down by the first defender everytime he has the ball in his hands.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2433261 said:
TO is blaming "the system that I play in".

Isn't that the same system he played last year? So is TO saying that Garrett has purposely changed the system .... to punish him I guess?

Even with the broken rib and QB changes, Witten is tied for 1st among in the NFL in receiving yards. 3rd among NFL TE's in catches.

People are really grasping for straws for ways to dance around the fact that a 34 year old WR is getting old.
None of us really have any idea if there's been a drastic change in system from year to year. But we do know that Tony Sparano called a top 5 offense in 2006, played a significant part of developing the offense and game planning in 2007, and is no longer with the team in 2008.

We also know that Miami had the 28th ranked offense in 2007. In 2008 they have the 8th ranked offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2433259 said:
Garrett offense this season before Romo went down were as followed 28, 41,27,24 and 31 Garrett offense does not have a problem putting up points. Sorry if TO does not get the ball as much as he would like but then this offense is not TO alone. Garrett has put TO in motion and had done so at times last year. Sorry nothing is going over my head evidently I can't say the same for you because evidently you don't seem to get that putting up the points I just showed is damn good by any teams standards. Only time this offense was not scoring points is when Romo went down and this past game vs the skins So go cry to someone else you don’t have a fricken clue just agenda driven fan who thinks he knows how to run this team

That same offensethat choked the last five games of the play-offs. That offense scores when Tony Romo is in the game, because he has great pocket presence. Hell, even Tony Sparano put up numbers when Tony Romo came in. It has nothing to do with the genius of the OC, more to do with the fact that Tony Romo can buy time while his receivers break off their routes.It is liek Troy Aikman said last year, to the effect the offense is like a play-ground offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2433278 said:
Boldin could have a higher YAC because he isn't immediately brought down by the first defender everytime he has the ball in his hands.

And how does that account for their YARDS PER CATCH being essentially equal. TO, when he catches the ball, is catching it DOWNFIELD... Warner gets the ball quickly to Boldin, who then makes plays..They are using Boldin to his talents... They obviously aren't using TO who is sent upfield all the time, right into double coverage. Every team has pretty much admitted they are adding another safety as help against the deep ball for TO...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2433280 said:
None of us really have any idea if there's been a drastic change in system from year to year. But we do know that Tony Sparano called a top 5 offense in 2006, played a significant part of developing the offense and game planning in 2007, and is no longer with the team in 2008.

We also know that Miami had the 28th ranked offense in 2007. In 2008 they have the 8th ranked offense.

well, parcells offense works.

no matter how many people tell you he is conservative on a message board.

Look at penningtons numbers this year. then go look at carter, testaverde, bledsoe and romo. they are similar. that is a solid offense and with the quality coaches they have it is working again.

Dan Henning runs the miami offense. I am sure sporano has a huge say in it, but henning runs the offense. Parcells wanted henning here, he could never get out of his contract in carolina of course until parcells was gone.

I was hoping for parcells back in 07 with henning. Miami has Henning, sporano and guys like David Lee coaching qb's.

Pretty solid group.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
khiladi;2433286 said:
And how does that account for their YARDS PER CATCH being essentially equal. TO, when he catches the ball, is catching it DOWNFIELD... Warner gets the ball quickly to Boldin, who then makes plays..They are using Boldin to his talents... They obviously aren't using TO who is sent upfield all the time, right into double coverage. Every team has pretty much admitted they are adding another safety as help against the deep ball for TO...

when has owens made anything happen catching the ball short?

The cincy play he wasnt pressed and ran through a wide open middle of the field, just like crayton did in zona.

Other than the TD against carolina name one play since owens has been here where he caught a ball short, made a guy miss or broke a tackle and turned it into a big play.

At some point you have to stop trying to get the guy the ball in that situation, just look at last weeks game, he cant do anything with it anymore.

He is now James lofton of the bills in the early 90s. Go deep, get open and make the big catch.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2433261 said:

You know, T.O. may fear getting older and the impact it has on his play, and maybe he's trying to cover up for that by blaming the offensive scheme.

khiladi

Reaction score
aikemirv;2433260 said:
Garrett could not get Jason WItten the ball, is that what you just wrote. Before Romo went down I believe Jason had more catches than last year. Johnson and Bollinger could not get Jason the ball!

The Oline could not protect is the problem, it is not Garrett's system.

The change in the system was so that Romo would not get hit so that game plan was to get the ball out of Romo's hands as quick as possible. That is why the change, not some admission that his offense does not work.

The only category where Jason Witten performed better than last year is in terms of yardage and number of catches. The number of first downs he has made as well as TDs has significantly declined from last year to this year, even if one projects it for the whole season. The last game, he had only two catches.