Deion says "Dallas is panicking!" lol *Merged*

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
heir;2341808 said:
Deion is right about 2 things. This move does scream of panic. If you don't think so you are fooling yourself. With that being said I am glad it is done. Second thing, Garrett should be able to get T.O. the ball. T.O. has been double covered almost his whole career. The fact of that he can't figure out a way is a little concerning.

Now I don't know what he was talking about with the whole Chad Johnson thing. The fact that Chad is over 30 is a number one reason why you go for Williams over Chad. Oh and yeah, that declining skills thing too
How is this a panic move? I look at it more for the future. Jerry just gave his franchise qb a big time playmaker outside that he can play the rest of his career with.

Jerry Jones did not trade a 1st, 3rd, and 6th for a guy he hopes to have for 10 games plus the playoffs. This move was made with the future in mind and the fact that their biggest playmaker on offense will be 35 years old on 12/7/08.

juck

Reaction score
We make the SB he will be the first one behind the scenes with interviews and parties.:lmao:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Do these talking heads do any research??? If he had, he would realize that most of what he said is hog wash!

triplets92

Reaction score
Is chad johnson not a big play reciever anymore?? Wow Deion sure knows his stuff because here I am thinking that Chad was know around the NFL for his big plays

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2341942 said:
Do these talking heads do any research??? If he had, he would realize that most of what he said is hog wash!

This is deion sanders who only shacks up with the stars of the league and then claims to be a mentor.

The guy is a clown. He went on the radio to defend mike vick the week vick got in trouble last summer.

I heard him on two different occassions say that vick would never harm anything and that he was like a kid at home. He said all he ever did was hang out with his friends at his house and play video games. If I remember correctly he was arguing with some guys on a national show saying vick didnt even have dogs when he was at his house.

No one ever called sanders on that. He just skates by. Walking in the clouds, the hero of the stupid, attaching himself to whoever is the top personality in the league.

He is a clown.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Tin Man is mad because Jerry didn't listen to him (Chad/TJ), and he looks stupid for being in Adam Jones' corner.

He should be bagging on Goodell if he wants to be consistent, but that wouldn't go down good with the league. :)

Snaggletooth

Reaction score
Spectre;2341828 said:
So 2 years of Jerry Jones trying to acquire a single player that finally happens at the trade deadline screams of panic?
Sounds like patience and diligence to me...

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

It's not panic....it's an effort to make his team better.

Undisputed

Reaction score
From what Deion was saying in his call, it sounded to ME like he was mostly suggesting that the person who panicked and really pushed for this move was Jason Garrett. Which doesn't sound too unlikely to me. Didn't Jerry suggest the same thing? Deion may have even had a good point when he stated something like, "Well Jason, maybe teams have just caught onto your offense from last year..."

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sanders has no credibility with me.

This is the same person who claimed Jones was not drunk and now wants everyone to feel sorry for him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Asklesko;2342258 said:
I agree with Deion, though. Housh is a better fit.

how long will he be here and will he be the #1 WR 3 in 2011 ???? very doubtful IMO

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Asklesko;2342258 said:
I agree with Deion, though. Housh is a better fit.

Houshmandzadeh is already 31 years old. He's older than Chad Johnson.

The trade wasn't just about this season, it was about 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

At the end of 2013, Roy E. will be as old as Houshmandzadeh is right now.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Jerry has been wanting Roy for 2 years.

Jerry traded and now has Roy.

This must be a case of planned panic...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2342971 said:
Houshmandzadeh is already 31 years old. He's older than Chad Johnson.

The trade wasn't just about this season, it was about 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

At the end of 2013, Roy E. will be as old as Houshmandzadeh is right now.

oh noes the truth booooooooo I hates the truth :chainsaw: grrrrr!!!!!!

FCBarca

Reaction score
I agree with Deion in sofar as I question the need of getting RW and the price that was paid...Not so much on the desperation angle...I do think that of all the problems/issues with the club, WR kinda falls pretty low on the list, for me.

And, yeah, despite Houshmanzadeh being 31, I think it would've been the smarter and more economical fit.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
theebs;2341966 said:
This is deion sanders who only shacks up with the stars of the league and then claims to be a mentor.

The guy is a clown. He went on the radio to defend mike vick the week vick got in trouble last summer.

I heard him on two different occassions say that vick would never harm anything and that he was like a kid at home. He said all he ever did was hang out with his friends at his house and play video games. If I remember correctly he was arguing with some guys on a national show saying vick didnt even have dogs when he was at his house.

No one ever called sanders on that. He just skates by. Walking in the clouds, the hero of the stupid, attaching himself to whoever is the top personality in the league.

He is a clown.

Wow I didn't know he did that. I actually like Deion but making a statement when you don't know the facts is a lose-lose situation.

silver

Reaction score
Alexander;2342308 said:
Sanders has no credibility with me.

This is the same person who claimed Jones was not drunk and now wants everyone to feel sorry for him.

:hammer:

Deion is just as bad as Skip and the rest of them. He doesn't merit my attention anymore either.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Obviously, the "experts" don't read this board. :)

I'm not going to go overboard in criticizing television jocks who have more connections to the NFL than any of us, or most of us do.

Having said that, if they merely scanned the Dallas Cowboys fan websites, they would have known that the Cowboys were interested in Roy Williams. We've been talking about it for at least two years. And it hasn't been a secret that the Cowboys were looking for a receiver to play opposite T.O.

In fact, as someone already has said, the Cowboys were criticized for not addressing the receiver position during the draft.

As for the "hatred" factor, pulease. NFL Network and ESPN LOVE the Cowboys. It amuses me to see on ESPN's First Take that every day they have a Cowboys topic for the First and 10 segment.

They can't get enough of the Cowboys - whether good news or bad.

silver

Reaction score
theebs;2341966 said:

He is a clown.

true. who would've thunk it: deion a hanger on.

khiladi

Reaction score
Maybe Romo should try and the ball out quicker and more often."

Deion is right, but that has to do with the game-plan and Garrett, more than Romo from what I've seen...