Delpit: Once-in-a-Lifetime-Safety

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
^ ^ ^

This speaks to a wider phenomenon I've seen on CZ. People on here will choose a specific player, and instead of rooting for them, they root against them. OP does the exact same thing with Jaylon Smith in main CZ that he does here with Delpit in Draft Zone. And likewise, there's a dozen other people who just single out Dak, Zeke, Crawford, Byron, Law, Cooper, etc, and will literally go rail against that player daily. It's anti-fandom, and this site is crazy toxic when it comes to that.

Hey tenderheart,

What you’re failing to realize is the reason I’m able to do this because the tape exists; these are plays Delpit put on film.

This isn’t CGI.

You’re getting your feelings hurt because someone decided to highlight them.

Why don’t you comment on the actual plays instead of worrying about motive mongering?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Hey tenderheart,

What you’re failing to realize is the reason I’m able to do this because the tape exists; these are plays Delpit put on film.

This isn’t CGI.

You’re getting your feelings hurt because someone decided to highlight them.

Every single player puts those plays on film. If I wanted to crap on Xavier McKinney for example, I'd show him blowing this tackle on his last play to basically lose the LSU game.
vpob4Nn.gif

But what that GIF doesn't show you is that McKinney put up 13 tackles, 2 sacks and a turnover before that happened. He put up one of the best tapes I've seen from any prospect all year on that night.

Likewise - if I want to cherry pick, I can find plays where Delpit looks like a good tackler too. Here's him knocking the wind out of Tee Higgins on a great form tackle.
DA1uHpx.gif
The point being, every player makes good plays and every player makes bad plays. Given that the starters are out there for like 800 snaps a year, every draft prospect will have dozens of both. So highlighting 2 pages of bad plays for a player and not one good play is disingenuous. Then when you follow that up with claims that Delpit's soft and doesn't have any want-to, despite every sign we have pointing to the contrary, it moves past honest analysis and takes on the feel of an agenda.

As to why you have an agenda against a player... that beats me. I don't take draftnik'ing personally enough for that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Every single player puts those plays on film. If I wanted to crap on Xavier McKinney for example, I'd show him blowing this tackle on his last play to basically lose the LSU game.
vpob4Nn.gif

But what that GIF doesn't show you is that McKinney put up 13 tackles, 2 sacks and a turnover before that happened. He put up one of the best tapes I've seen from any prospect all year on that night.

Likewise - if I want to cherry pick, I can find plays where Delpit looks like a good tackler too. Here's him knocking the wind out of Tee Higgins on a great form tackle.
DA1uHpx.gif
The point being, every player makes good plays and every player makes bad plays. Given that the starters are out there for like 800 snaps a year, every draft prospect will have dozens of both. So highlighting 2 pages of bad plays for a player and not one good play is disingenuous. Then when you follow that up with claims that Delpit's soft and doesn't have any want-to, despite every sign we have pointing to the contrary, it moves past honest analysis and takes on the feel of an agenda.

As to why you have an agenda against a player... that beats me. I don't take draftnik'ing personally enough for that.

I like how you think you're making a profound point by saying "every player makes good plays and every player makes bad plays.:

Yeah, really?

I've said as much on multiple posts.

This thread is highlighting Delpit's well known fundamental flow as a defensive player.....tackling.

Do you want highlights of him?

Cool. There's plenty of those on YouTube.

It's oversimplified to say "oh, well players make good plays and bad plays." Yeah, but not every player makes each type in the same amount otherwise every player would be the same. So to think you've McKinney and Delpit are somehow equals in terms of being reliable tacklers because you've shown both of them missing tackles is silly.

BTW, let me know when you can pull up clips of McKinney completely whiffing on a tackle to the extent Delpit has as a last line of defense? Go for it.

5Q47Xx.gif

q7nQm3.gif

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I like how you think you're making a profound point by saying "every player makes good plays and every player makes bad plays.:

Yeah, really?

This thread is highlighting Delpit's well known fundamental flow as a defensive player.....tackling.

It's oversimplified to say "oh, well players make good plays and bad plays." Yeah, but not every player makes each type in the same amount otherwise every player would be the same. So to think you've McKinney and Delpit are somehow equals in terms of being reliable tacklers because you've shown both of them missing tackles is silly.

BTW, let me know when you can pull up clips of McKinney completely whiffing on a tackle to the extent Delpit has as a last line of defense? Go for it.

5Q47Xx.gif

q7nQm3.gif

That's the point of this. You consider the pluses and the minuses (and no, they aren't equal), then you look at how they project forward.

When you harp on a player's negatives so much that one poster tells you to F off and begins ignoring you, then you start another thread to keep harping on the negatives... well, that's definitely some different behavior. It's not even scouting, it's looking for an argument and taking delight in negativity.

I'll let you have the last word with this. I'm done here.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's the point of this. You consider the pluses and the minuses (and no, they aren't equal), then you look at how they project forward.

When you harp on a player's negatives so much that one poster tells you to F off and begins ignoring you, then you start another thread to keep harping on the negatives... well, that's definitely some different behavior. It's not even scouting, it's looking for an argument and taking delight in negativity.

I'll let you have the last word with this. I'm done here.

Good you little tenderheart. Stop bothering me with your profoundly moronic truisms “all players have good plays and bad plays.”

Like I said you got your feelings hurt because you’re worried I’ve portrayed your pet cat in a bad light.

I think Delpit is a fundamentally flawed player. He has positive traits of course, but I’m under zero obligation to qualify my critique of him with “well, he also made these good plays.”

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Honestly....makes you think twice. That's some bad tape....even if it's ripped out of context. Was going back today and watching him....he plays kinda soft. And then you see these....

And then he fell out of the 1st round in our mock.....going to the Bears w/ pick 2/43.

Interesting....:rolleyes:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Honestly....makes you think twice. That's some bad tape....even if it's ripped out of context. Was going back today and watching him....he plays kinda soft. And then you see these....

And then he fell out of the 1st round in our mock.....going to the Bears w/ pick 2/43.

Interesting....:rolleyes:

How is it “ripped out of context?”

Rockdoc

Reaction score
i dont know much about Delpit
but on the first play i believe his responsibility was not the qb who is fast but the wr going in motion

Gaede

Reaction score

Yeah, really?

5Q47Xx.gif

q7nQm3.gif

Barf. This kind of **** is exactly what loses games

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How is it “ripped out of context?”

It's one play....you don't know what coverage they are in. You don't know if he was put in a position by the coach that didn't suit him...a lot of variables. But still....that is some bad tape.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It's one play....you don't know what coverage they are in. You don't know if he was put in a position by the coach that didn't suit him...a lot of variables. But still....that is some bad tape.

If you think this is some kind of coverage issue you're being silly.

q7nQm3.gif

DanA

Reaction score
I still have Delpit as a first-round prospect and would have no problem taking him in a trade down situation. I see the tackling issues and he definitely has to improve in this area but there are some real good aspects to his game also.