Delpit: Once-in-a-Lifetime-Safety

John813

Reaction score
We already had an Once in a lifetime safety and we blew it. We miss you Jeff Heath.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
5Q47Xx.gif

vlvQzr.gif

P7Ejpn.gif
Not sure but didn't he play hurt last year? I think I remember them saying that in the bowl game.

Iago33

Reaction score
Exactly.

If I just posted a highlight clip of Delpit (or any player) nobody would bat an eye.

I post clips of bad plays of Delpit and the League of Captain Obviousness come out to declare “everybody has bad plays......you have an agenda!”
What I don’t understand is that people don’t realize that the tone of a post greatly influences the tone of the reply. If this were posted with a title “Concerns about Delpit” instead of the ridiculous overstatement, I’m pretty sure the responses would be less dramatic. Drama feeds drama. Maybe you wanted the drama, but don’t complain when you get it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What I don’t understand is that people don’t realize that the tone of a post greatly influences the tone of the reply. If this were posted with a title “Concerns about Delpit” instead of the ridiculous overstatement, I’m pretty sure the responses would be less dramatic. Drama feeds drama. Maybe you wanted the drama, but don’t complain when you get it.

You must have mistaken me for someone that’s concerned. People are free to complain all they want. I’m free to laugh at their complaints.

I have little interest in bridling my sarcasm for the sake of not offending the tenderhearted on a football message board.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Not sure but didn't he play hurt last year? I think I remember them saying that in the bowl game.

He had an ankle in 2018 and then a shoulder in 2019 (or vice versa). Delpit said they didn’t impact his play on the field, though I’m sure some of that is probably just football tough guy talk.

The problems I’m seeing on the clips can hardly be blamed on the injuries IMO. These are horrible pursuit angles, bad reads, et cetera.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He had an ankle in 2018 and then a shoulder in 2019 (or vice versa). Delpit said they didn’t impact his play on the field, though I’m sure some of that is probably just football tough guy talk.

The problems I’m seeing on the clips can hardly be blamed on the injuries IMO. These are horrible pursuit angles, bad reads, et cetera.
Maybe he'll slip to the 2nd round who knows.

fivetwos

Reaction score
.....same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

Same as it....ever was!

Skybox22

Reaction score
Once in a lifetime safety played in the 80s his name was Ronnie Lott. This guy is no Ronnie Lott.
Yep, Lott, Night Train, Reed, Polamalu, take your pick. All game changers. But yeah, Lott was "the man" who also played corner.

RS12

Reaction score
Lott one of the five best players I ever saw step foot on the field IMO. Made game changing plays and imposed his will.