Delpit: Once-in-a-Lifetime-Safety

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not for taking him at 17 that's for sure.
Theres people out there that would take him at 17 but would not trade that pick for Adams.

Case in point of how people fall in love with draft picks this time of year, figuring everyone is going to be an All Pro on the cheap.

Meanwhile more than half of them dont make even one single Pro Bowl.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I like how you think you're making a profound point by saying "every player makes good plays and every player makes bad plays.:

Yeah, really?

I've said as much on multiple posts.

This thread is highlighting Delpit's well known fundamental flow as a defensive player.....tackling.

Do you want highlights of him?

Cool. There's plenty of those on YouTube.

It's oversimplified to say "oh, well players make good plays and bad plays." Yeah, but not every player makes each type in the same amount otherwise every player would be the same. So to think you've McKinney and Delpit are somehow equals in terms of being reliable tacklers because you've shown both of them missing tackles is silly.

BTW, let me know when you can pull up clips of McKinney completely whiffing on a tackle to the extent Delpit has as a last line of defense? Go for it.

5Q47Xx.gif

q7nQm3.gif
If we get Henderson in the first and him in the second a lot of people would love it....yet we would be playing 9 vs 11 as far as anyone willing or capable of making a tackle. Throw in Awuzie and we may never stop anyone.

Tackling has been enough of a problem in Dallas.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
In here calling posters morons because they disagree but im the one not respecting others opinions lmao. Internet weirdo

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Delpit has warts as do all draftees. I believe some of his problems are a product of injuries. We can highlight any players' bad plays and broadcast them for all to see and then proclaim the worst is the norm. I think Delpit may very well end as the best S in this class and that he has teachable warts. He is a playmaker plain and simple. And I'm not too big to admit that there are worries about him. There are worries about most players. The draft is all about potential as none have played a down yet.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
^ ^ ^

This speaks to a wider phenomenon I've seen on CZ. People on here will choose a specific player, and instead of rooting for them, they root against them. OP does the exact same thing with Jaylon Smith in main CZ that he does here with Delpit in Draft Zone. And likewise, there's a dozen other people who just single out Dak, Zeke, Crawford, Byron, Law, Cooper, etc, and will literally go rail against that player daily. It's anti-fandom, and this site is crazy toxic when it comes to that.
You may be right but he brought lots of visual proof so its not just unfounded opinion.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You may be right but he brought lots of visual proof so its not just unfounded opinion.

Exactly.

If I just posted a highlight clip of Delpit (or any player) nobody would bat an eye.

I post clips of bad plays of Delpit and the League of Captain Obviousness come out to declare “everybody has bad plays......you have an agenda!”

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

Everyone on Draft Zone knows Delpit is a poor tackler. We've all been going back and forth about this here since January.

The more salient question to me is why OP felt the need to start a hit thread making claims that no one has made ("once in a lifetime safety" - half this board doesn't think he's even a first rounder. even if it's sarcasm, it's missing the point) when frankly I haven't seen one other dedicated player-hate thread on here all offseason. For OP to get this worked up over a borderline Day 1 prospect the Cowboys don't even seem to be interested in seems bizarre.

FWIW - Delpit is my safety #3, so he's no pet cat of mine. I see him as an average starter.

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Delpit has warts as do all draftees. I believe some of his problems are a product of injuries. We can highlight any players' bad plays and broadcast them for all to see and then proclaim the worst is the norm. I think Delpit may very well end as the best S in this class and that he has teachable warts. He is a playmaker plain and simple. And I'm not too big to admit that there are worries about him. There are worries about most players. The draft is all about potential as none have played a down yet.

I can over look a few gaffs...but his are really bad. As in inexcusable. I really don't like how he tackles either. It's as if he hits a guy...and then the guy doesn't even move backwards...and then he's left to hang on for dear life....hoping his buddies can clean up his mess. Just not a big fan after seeing these clips and his highlight tapes.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Everyone on Draft Zone knows Delpit is a poor tackler. We've all been going back and forth about this here since January.

The more salient question to me is why OP felt the need to start a hit thread making claims that no one has made ("once in a lifetime safety" - half this board doesn't think he's even a first rounder. even if it's sarcasm, it's missing the point) when frankly I haven't seen one other dedicated player-hate thread on here all offseason. For OP to get this worked up over a borderline Day 1 prospect the Cowboys don't even seem to be interested in seems bizarre.

FWIW - Delpit is my safety #3, so he's no pet cat of mine. I see him as an average starter.

Dear Grant,

Can you remind me again....do all players have both good and bad plays?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd take him in a trade down but I'd take McKinney at 17 and not look back.
I do think his ankle injury hindered him . Guy can make plays as a single high.
It's not like our safeties have been great tacklers either tbh and Woods is the most over rated player on this team....