Delta passengers fall sick while waiting on Vegas tarmac in triple-digit temperatures

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I feel bad for these people and hope they get some sort of compensation.

I hate flying. Or rather, I hate airports.

They are an absolute nightmare these days, between the security at TSA and the airlines trying to squeeze every dime possible out of passengers, forcing them into tiny uncomfortable seats.

I saw a story a few days ago about a passenger who sat down and realized their seat was covered in blood. Turns out the passenger on the previous flight had a medical emergency with blood and crap coming out their butt.

The flight attendant gave them some napkins to clean it up with.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I feel bad for these people and hope they get some sort of compensation.

I hate flying. Or rather, I hate airports.

They are an absolute nightmare these days, between the security at TSA and the airlines trying to squeeze every dime possible out of passengers, forcing them into tiny uncomfortable seats.

I saw a story a few days ago about a passenger who sat down and realized their seat was covered in blood. Turns out the passenger on the previous flight had a medical emergency with blood and crap coming out their butt.

The flight attendant gave them some napkins to clean it up with.
If the seat was “covered in blood” they aren’t going to make you sit in it. Fake news.

Creeper

Reaction score
Little bit.
For the record, when I was younger I flew quite a bit to lots of obscure places in the US and some international cities. I remember going to the airport, buying a ticket and walking to my gate and getting on the plane. I remember getting hot meals in coach without paying for them - and I mean meals, not a week old turkey sandwich with a slice of American cheese on it. I remember getting to the airport about 20 minutes before my flight to London departed. No hassles.

But I also remember getting my deodorant and shampoo confiscated at Dallas Ft Worth because it was more than 3 oz. (even though I took them with me from Newark NJ.) The airlines have made flying so inconvenient and uncomfortable that I just prefer to drive to destinations in the US these days.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
For the record, when I was younger I flew quite a bit to lots of obscure places in the US and some international cities. I remember going to the airport, buying a ticket and walking to my gate and getting on the plane. I remember getting hot meals in coach without paying for them - and I mean meals, not a week old turkey sandwich with a slice of American cheese on it. I remember getting to the airport about 20 minutes before my flight to London departed. No hassles.

But I also remember getting my deodorant and shampoo confiscated at Dallas Ft Worth because it was more than 3 oz. (even though I took them with me from Newark NJ.) The airlines have made flying so inconvenient and uncomfortable that I just prefer to drive to destinations in the US these days.
You get to see more of the country that way for sure. Great way to go if you have the time. I still work and don’t like wasting vacation days on driving.

Praxit

Reaction score
I was just in Vegas a few days ago. I drove, it was 128 degrees in Death Valley.
..yep was down there about 20 yrs ago. 112F leaving Vegas. Went to Taco Bell, ordered large drink with 3 cups of ice. All melted within 20 mins

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
..yep was down there about 20 yrs ago. 112F leaving Vegas. Went to Taco Bell, ordered large drink with 3 cups of ice. All melted within 20 mins
It can get extremely hot driving to Vegas through Death Valley in July and August. It’s the hottest place on the planet. The official record for the hottest temperature ever is 134 degrees at Death Valley at Furnace Creek. It came close to that temperature a few years ago. They actually had some snow on the Vegas strip this past winter.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
If the seat was “covered in blood” they aren’t going to make you sit in it. Fake news.

It was true but ok.

You know thousands of people fly everyday right? Sometimes planes are used 3x a day.

**** happens.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just made that drive from LA to Vegas and onto Zion. The avg temps were 112…..there is no good word for hot to do its justice. It felt like I was in a convection oven and the heat gremlins caused several alarms and warnings in a fairly new Ram.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Can’t drive to Asia or Europe or Africa or much anywhere except the US, Canada.
your ignorance is sad. One can drive from Alaska to Cape Horn.

And I figure someone that clearly only cares about the elite would not consider anything normal people have to do.

gtb1943

Reaction score
And twice while flying I was stuck either on the taxiway or just away from the gate for over an hour.

So your claim it hardly ever happens is a joke

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
your ignorance is sad. One can drive from Alaska to Cape Horn.

And I figure someone that clearly only cares about the elite would not consider anything normal people have to do.
Who’s ignorant?

You can’t drive the entire route
  • According to the Guinness Book of World Records, it extends from Prudhoe Bay in Northern Alaska down through Canada, the United States, Mexico, Central America and into South America. It ends at Cape Horn in Argentina. You can’t drive the entire route.