News: DeMarco Murray: I ran well against Minnesota

RedLine

Reaction score
I thought he was hurt again. The few runs we had were given to Dunbar. Something is not right here...

IRVING — DeMarco Murray’s second carry on Sunday went for 27 yards. It had the making of a big day for the 25-year-old former third-round pick. But Murray would only carry twice more the rest of the way and the Dallas Cowboys would finish with 36 yards on a franchise-record of only nine carries.

Murray, who had been nursing a sprained left knee, said he was “feeling fine” on the field.

So why was the running game abandoned?

“There were definitely some opportunities to run it out there,” Murray said, “but it just didn’t go that way.”

Murray was careful with his words, praising Tony Romo’s passing day on multiple occasions and attempting to shift the focus to the team’s 27-23 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

Full artical here: http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...-to-run-the-ball-more-against-minnesota.html/

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
wasn't his last attempt the failed third down where Romo tried to nudge the ball forward?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Wasn't there a rumor a couple weeks ago saying that they are going to move on from Murray next year (as far as being the feature back ) v?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This is the deal. This coaching staff is trying to stay in safe down/distance situations. Who can blame them? Negative runs put you in bad down/distance situations. So once negative runs start to pile up...they are the root of 3 and outs.....they abandon the run. Of course penalties also play a part in 3 and outs. But this team rarely recovers from negative runs. And with a fragile injured defense. Dallas is doing whatever it can to move the chains. Especially when those negative runs are the result of guys losing one on one battles. That sends signals to the coaching staff that we cannot outphysical the opponent. The loss of Brian Waters is huge!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This is the deal. This coaching staff is trying to stay in safe down/distance situations. Who can blame them? Negative runs put you in bad down/distance situations. So once negative runs start to pile up...they are the root of 3 and outs.....they abandon the run. Of course penalties also play a part in 3 and outs. But this team rarely recovers from negative runs. And with a fragile injured defense. Dallas is doing whatever it can to move the chains. Especially when those negative runs are the result of guys losing one on one battles. That sends signals to the coaching staff that we cannot outphysical the opponent. The loss of Brian Waters is huge!

No offense, but the loss of Waters has nothing to do with the lack of a running game. It was the same when he was in the lineup.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
Its really inexplicable to only the run the ball 8 or 9 times a game. Doing so makes it that much more difficult on Romo and the passing game.

Aikman was right when he said it really taxes the OL as well always absorbing hits pass blocking rather than delivering them run blocking.

Something has got to give.

waving monkey

Reaction score

bbailey I think your right and you said it right. We'll run when we can depend on it

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score

Randall and Tanner were getting stuffed and averaging less than 3 yards/carry but Murray was averaging well over 7. Not buying this as a reason to stop giving Murray the ball.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Randall and Tanner were getting stuffed and averaging less than 3 yards/carry but Murray was averaging well over 7. Not buying this as a reason to stop giving Murray the ball.
He was stopped twice in the backfield though, if I'm not mistaken.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I'm kind of mystified by all of this with Murray. He's a good running back when he's healthy. I may be wrong, but it seems like the Cowboys' rationale for not running the ball was Dunbar ran 3 times for -6 yards and Murray was stopped for no gain or a yard a couple times. Maybe it has nothing to do with the backs and it was something they saw in the blocking - bad matchup(s) on the OL that weren't going to get any better as the game went along.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
For all those saying he looked great, or ran very well, or averaged 7 ypc.. did you watch the game?

He had the one run for 27 yards and other than that his other 3 carries went for 4 total yards.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I'm kind of mystified by all of this with Murray. He's a good running back when he's healthy. I may be wrong, but it seems like the Cowboys' rationale for not running the ball was Dunbar ran 3 times for -6 yards and Murray was stopped for no gain or a yard a couple times. Maybe it has nothing to do with the backs and it was something they saw in the blocking - bad matchup(s) on the OL that weren't going to get any better as the game went along.

The coaches have to realiize that there's no excuse for giving your feature back only 4 carries all game though, and only running 9 times all game.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i still think this team has to run the ball some to beat the better teams not sure what I s wrong here with this offense but its not doing nearly as well as it should.

Deep_South

Reaction score
The coaches have to realiize that there's no excuse for giving your feature back only 4 carries all game though, and only running 9 times all game.

Yeah, I thought he must have re-injured his knee and that doesn't appear to be the case. We just stopped running the ball after 9 carries. I don't think we can beat the Saints by just passing the entire game, so I hope Callahan and Romo don't try to do that.