DeMarco Murray is looking for a job **merged**

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Went from being 1 of the best RBs in the league, to a traitor going to a division rival & they didn't know how to use him, to being bounced around & doing diddly squat. He made his bed & he can remain under it.

I'd hate to think what you might say if you ever saw your woman talking to a stranger.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken, we offered to retain him, Philly just offered more money.

Murray wanted to stay and was willing to give a hometown discount in order to do so. Dallas did offer him but it was an embarrassingly low amount compared to the other offers. The Cowboys weren’t looking for a discount, they were looking for a steal.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Murray wanted to stay and was willing to give a hometown discount in order to do so. Dallas did offer him but it was an embarrassingly low amount compared to the other offers. The Cowboys weren’t looking for a discount, they were looking for a steal.
And now we have better

Pants

Reaction score
if vet minimum, I would be fine with this

BUT, we will see the following across the zone (likely from the same people in some cases):

"Why are we bringing this guy back, this is dumb"

and then when he signs with the Patriots

"No wonder they always win, they bring in guys like Murray cheap"

lostar2009

Reaction score
I'll take Murray over a wash up Alfred Morris and McFadden any day. Let's get this running game going again.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'll take Murray over a wash up Alfred Morris and McFadden any day. Let's get this running game going again.

Morris is younger and averaged over a yard more per attempt than Murray last season, and I don't want him back either.

How about we draft a younger guy with speed, instead?

lostar2009

Reaction score
Right now we have Zeke and Rod Smith on the roster. If Demarco comes cheap and is willing to be a backup then I would take him. I'm not sold on Rod Smith. Smith just seems to be a straight line runner that tries to pound it but gets weak when he tries to pound it. I know Smith had a 4.2 average last year but he had one run for 45 yards which skewed the results drastically. 55 carries for 232 yards minus 1 carry for 45 yards equals 54 carries for 187 yards or 3.4 yards per carry.

Actually, I was not impressed at all with Rod Smith. He appears to be a straight line runner that is hesitant to stick his head in the pile and finish. I saw several times where he ran the ball on short yardage plays where he spun at the point of attack and went back first instead of plowing forward. He has a great story but I think we need an upgrade behind Zeke.

This here. Maybe Rod could get better in 2018. But placing some talent in our RB corps could help. Moves like this along with coaching is the reason why the Eagles won a SB.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Mr fumble fingers and 'I can't play because of a hangnail' can keep right on looking.

I agree. In the most inopportune times, he fumbled. Hell, his fumble in almost wide open field against GB in the playoffs was a big momentum swing. It's not the only reason the Boys lost but it played a part, that's for sure.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Morris is younger and averaged over a yard more per attempt than Murray last season, and I don't want him back either.

How about we draft a younger guy with speed, instead?

Murray came off a +1200 yard season in 16. Then it dip to a little under 700. Like Zeke Murray is a blitz buster. I think he still got stuff left in the tank. We still have Rod and if a good talent out their I'll take one in the late rounds of the draft.

robjay04

Reaction score
im gonna go out on a limb and say he holds a grudge

Murray was trying to get traded here two years ago. That grudge is gone..

"It was, like, 95 percent sure I was going to come back there," Murray said in a phone interview. "I have a lot of respect for those guys -- the Jones family, Will [McClay], coach [Jason] Garrett obviously and [Tony] Romo and Wit [Jason Witten], all those guys. I still consider them a great franchise, and they're great friends of mine."

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ar...s_almost_traded_demarco_murray_to_the_dal.amp

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you prefer to fill it via the more expensive route through FA, or the cheaper younger route via the draft, I prefer the draft.

It depends what you mean by expensive. I'm speaking of using the minimum or at tops a Alfred Morris type deal.

cern

Reaction score
chip Kelly thought he'd hurt the cowboys by getting murray and make the eagles better. he did hurt the cowboys, but murray just became another in a list of outstanding players chip inexplicably released. guys like desean Jackson, Jeremy maclin, and McCoy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This here. Maybe Rod could get better in 2018. But placing some talent in our RB corps could help. Moves like this along with coaching is the reason why the Eagles won a SB.

Signing a 30 year old running back coming off his worst season isn't why the Eagles won the SB. If his name was "John Smith" no one here would want him but this crowd loves familiarity.