DeMarco Murray is looking for a job **merged**

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see Murray going to the Raiders to replace Marshawn Lynch. Gruden's in charge there now and he's always been a fan.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Signing a 30 year old running back coming off his worst season isn't why the Eagles won the SB. If his name was "John Smith" no one here would want him but this crowd loves familiarity.

Eagles sign Michael Bennett. He had a better season in 2016 and a decline in 2017. He is in his 30s.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Signing a 30 year old running back coming off his worst season isn't why the Eagles won the SB. If his name was "John Smith" no one here would want him but this crowd loves familiarity.

Just cheap patches for the team. I doubt this team would spend a top 100 pick on a RB this draft.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Soon as he suited up in an Eagles jersey, he was dead to me. Go buy him a Slurpie if it makes you feel better.

Obviously he's not dead to you because if that were the case you wouldn't care or give him a thought, and it's obvious you are bitter. Teams move on from players, and players move on from teams. It's business, and it's silly for a fan to begrudge a player the chance to make more money by changing jobs. Everyday people do it all the time, so why can't NFL players?

jujoboys

Reaction score
This here. Maybe Rod could get better in 2018. But placing some talent in our RB corps could help. Moves like this along with coaching is the reason why the Eagles won a SB.
Every player on the roster should be given competition if possible. Rod Smith should be fighting for his job. We should always be looking for the best players available and not being content. We missed the playoffs last year after going 13-3 the prior year. Everyone's job should be in question. If Murray comes cheap and we feel he is better option than Smith or anyone else available in free agency then we should consider signing him. Our front office's job is to be constanlty looking to improve the team. In my personal opinion we wouldn't have to look very hard to find an upgrade over Rod Smith. We could probably find an upgrade on day 3 of the draft. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but I am just not sold on Rod Smith.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Had a great 2014 year. With 6 fumbles also.
Yep, and as bad as the Dez not a catch, oh wait 3 years later it was a catch play is. That fumble before the half that would have extended our lead and with nobody within 30 yards of Murray was the real game changing play IMHO.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how good he is; you don't pay for a veteran RB when they are cheap in the draft. He's not the type of backup, change of pace and receiver we need anyway.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep, and as bad as the Dez not a catch, oh wait 3 years later it was a catch play is. That fumble before the half that would have extended our lead and with nobody within 30 yards of Murray was the real game changing play IMHO.
Was a absolutely huge fumble. I had people argue with me saying he wouldn’t have scored anyways but he would have been gone for enough yards to be in FG range after he was tackled. Who knows what would have happened after the first down. We had the packers on the ropes and was begging for the early knock out.

Tristan

Reaction score
Screw that mothbreathing gamewrecking fumblng (GB) traitor! If u leave us and sigm w the Skins or Eagles then dont even think of bringing youre punk assss around again ever, like a skank who cheats.

rynochop

Reaction score
Was a absolutely huge fumble. I had people argue with me saying he wouldn’t have scored anyways but he would have been gone for enough yards to be in FG range after he was tackled. Who knows what would have happened after the first down. We had the packers on the ropes and was begging for the early knock out.
I don't think demarco could have run that far without having to stop for a breather.ha

That play, and the plainly clear incompletion on 3rd down for the packers that somehow didn't get overturned hurt as bad as the dez catch.

Saw where the Titans will have no dead money by releasing Murray, wonder how they managed that

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You're assuming Murray wouldn't have gotten rundown because he didn't have that extra gear. There were defenders closer than 30 yards. There were literally 4 or more right near him. Not counting the safety.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Obviously he's not dead to you because if that were the case you wouldn't care or give him a thought, and it's obvious you are bitter. Teams move on from players, and players move on from teams. It's business, and it's silly for a fan to begrudge a player the chance to make more money by changing jobs. Everyday people do it all the time, so why can't NFL players?

Here's a big difference between what every day Joe's do and professional athletes. Hundred of thousands of people don't spend money on every day Joe's so when they switch jobs the only one it affects is he and his family. When a professional athlete is with a team, people spend hard earned money on tickets and his merchandise and have a vested interest in that player. Now if that player turns his back on the team and the people who supported him than it's good ridden to him and hope things go south for him. Now after 7 seasons he's looking for his 4th team or his 3 team after just 3 seasons. That should say something about him.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Here's a big difference between what every day Joe's do and professional athletes. Hundred of thousands of people don't spend money on every day Joe's so when they switch jobs the only one it affects is he and his family. When a professional athlete is with a team, people spend hard earned money on tickets and his merchandise and have a vested interest in that player. Now if that player turns his back on the team and the people who supported him than it's good ridden to him and hope things go south for him. Now after 7 seasons he's looking for his 4th team or his 3 team after just 3 seasons. That should say something about him.
Murray was a free agent in 2015, what was he supposed to do? Retire because Dallas wasn't interested and other teams were? He didn't turn his back on anyone. Dallas did. Fans are just butthurt because he went to Philly.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't think demarco could have run that far without having to stop for a breather.ha

That play, and the plainly clear incompletion on 3rd down for the packers that somehow didn't get overturned hurt as bad as the dez catch.

Saw where the Titans will have no dead money by releasing Murray, wonder how they managed that
Maybe they front end loaded the contract? He could have taken a few mil less per year and JJ would have honored the whole contract. Probly would have wound up better in the long run.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So, because people watch football and get interested in a team and players, NFL players shouldn't exercise the same right that every other American has to improve their work situation and control their lives? Sorry, but that's a huge load of BS.

I assume you don't have a problem with the Cowboys cutting players in order to bring in new ones to improve the team, so explain to me why it would be okay for a team to move on from a player, but not a player to move on from a team.

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Murray was a free agent in 2015, what was he supposed to do? Retire because Dallas wasn't interested and other teams were? He didn't turn his back on anyone. Dallas did. Fans are just butthurt because he went to Philly.

Nah, he should of taken our lowball offer clearly, cause Cowboys are #1!
Can't blame a man for wanting to get paid, especially at his position you don't get another big contract usually.
Hell, rather would of paid him what he wanted and not re-sign Crawford to his deal. Would of gotten a better value out of Murray than what we have seen out of TC.

Reactions: G2